LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Eastcoast dream mock draft 2.0

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I like the first 4 picks & Barrow. Not that big on Gaines...a couple of references (NFL.com & Walter Football) I use a lot doing research point out some holes in his game, namely weak against the run. That wouldn't work in our defense.

I know Baalke likes Breeland...there's also Dontae Johnson.

Breeland had 74 tackles, 10 for loss, 10 PBU and 4 picks.

Johnson had 82 tackles, 2 PBU and 3 picks.

Those numbers compare to Gaines: 36 tackles, 9 PBU and 4 picks.

Any cornerback we draft will need to be coached up--they are not finished products.

In his last 25 games, Gaines had 31 passes defended---4 picks and 27 PBU.

In his last 23 games, Breeland had 17 passes defended--4 picks and 13 passes defended.

In his last 25 games,Dontae Johnson had 13 passes defended---3 picks and 10 PBU.
(I have Johnson listed as safety.)

Gaines seems to have very good ball skills. We do need to improve our pass coverage.

Also, our pass defense is very complicated, so football intelligence is going to make a difference.

And I have no clue as what cornerback brings that with their game.
You're first 3 picks were the same as mine! Needless to say, I approve of this mock
Good mock, I know Im going to catch flack for this but Id rather hold off on a DE until the later rounds, Id rather take Buchannon. Bethea is here but really its a short term deal, also I dont hear much about Terrence Brooks, I believe he is a mid-late round sleeper pick
Share 49ersWebzone