triple post.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 7, 2014 at 6:08 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
triple post.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 7, 2014 at 6:08 AM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
HtWtArm l ength Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss3-cone Vert Broad BP

5 ft 11 7⁄8 in190 lb 32 7⁄8 in 9 3⁄8 in 4.49 s 1.50 s 4.19 s 6.90 s 38.5 in 10 ft 8 in 12 reps

All values from NFL Combine[6]

Baalke likes long arms and measurable s so I believe if Fuller is at 30 he will be the pick.
  • buck
  • Veteran
from Mayock. I saw this today.
Not sure what it is worth, but he moved Fuller ahead of Gilbert.

Cornerback
1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
2. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
3. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
4. Bradley Roby, Ohio State
5. Jason Verrett, TCU

Rise: Fuller (3)
Fall: Gilbert (2)
Originally posted by buck:
from Mayock. I saw this today.
Not sure what it is worth, but he moved Fuller ahead of Gilbert.

Cornerback
1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
2. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
3. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
4. Bradley Roby, Ohio State
5. Jason Verrett, TCU

Rise: Fuller (3)
Fall: Gilbert (2)

I would be happy with any of them in the first rd with the exception of Roby.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Well those comments get the LOL of the week

First off the OP wanted a discussion about Fuller why bring up Roby in the first place ?

Also yes Roby had a down year and the Wisconsin and Cal games showed holes in his game but that does not change the fact that he completely dominated for two years. Over his 3 years he had 132 solo tackles and 41 pass break ups.

I will not go further into my evaluation about Roby cause this thread should be about Fuller but with Ed Donatell as our secondary coach I would jump for joy if Roby comes to San Francisco.

Why, does he have a background is psychology or access to Xanax or something? Talent and skill aren't the problem with Roby, it's that dull echo that cascades throughout that interior cavity which contains his brain that is troubling.
Great film room breakdown! Finally someone see's it. i watched a bunch of Tech games this year, basically I had $$ on those games and I was not impressed that much by him. he seemed more like a 3rd rd DB to me. Game film tells a lot about a player
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Well those comments get the LOL of the week

First off the OP wanted a discussion about Fuller why bring up Roby in the first place ?

Also yes Roby had a down year and the Wisconsin and Cal games showed holes in his game but that does not change the fact that he completely dominated for two years. Over his 3 years he had 132 solo tackles and 41 pass break ups.

I will not go further into my evaluation about Roby cause this thread should be about Fuller but with Ed Donatell as our secondary coach I would jump for joy if Roby comes to San Francisco.

Why, does he have a background is psychology or access to Xanax or something? Talent and skill aren't the problem with Roby, it's that dull echo that cascades throughout that interior cavity which contains his brain that is troubling.

Lol and how exactly did you come to the conclusion that he is an idiot ?
Lol and how exactly did you come to the conclusion that he is an idiot ?

No an idiot, just fluffy in the attic. Can't think of many more guys in recent memory with higher talent and potential than Roby who seem so maddeningly inconsistent and flat out lost on the football field at times.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
No an idiot, just fluffy in the attic. Can't think of many more guys in recent memory with higher talent and potential than Roby who seem so maddeningly inconsistent and flat out lost on the football field at times.

All that "10 cent brain" "not knowing what´s going on upstairs" and fluffy in the atticc" talk is funny but complete nonsense. People freak out about those two games against Wisconsin and Cal and completely erase the rest of his college career of their memory.

Last year showed holes in his game which is the reason he is not a top 10 pick anymore but is now available at the end of the 1st / start of the 2nd. He must improve his open field tackling ( he over pursues sometimes and needs to take better angles ) and must work on his route recognition. If 132 solo tackles and 41 pass break ups is "flat out lost on the football field at times" to you I´m not even sure what to say about that.

There are endless reasons experts like Mayock still have Roby in their top 5 CB´s list. Plus he excels in both off man and press man which is my biggest question mark surrounding Fuller and Verret when thinking about their fit in our defense.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM ]

Originally posted by GORO:
HtWtArm l ength Hand size 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss3-cone Vert Broad BP

5 ft 11 7⁄8 in190 lb 32 7⁄8 in 9 3⁄8 in 4.49 s 1.50 s 4.19 s 6.90 s 38.5 in 10 ft 8 in 12 reps

Baalke likes long arms and measurable s so I believe if Fuller is at 30 he will be the pick.

Baalke likes arm lenght, but the assumption that this is the only variable is false. Plus, he's only demonstrated that he likes it for some positions. Doubt it goes into the valuation of Running backs, for example.

All that "10 cent brain" "not knowing what´s going on upstairs" and fluffy in the atticc" talk is funny but complete nonsense. People freak out about those two games against Wisconsin and Cal and completely erase the rest of his college career of their memory.

Last year showed holes in his game which is the reason he is not a top 10 pick anymore but is now available at the end of the 1st / start of the 2nd. He must improve his open field tackling ( he over pursues sometimes and needs to take better angles ) and must work on his route recognition. If 132 solo tackles and 41 pass break ups is "flat out lost on the football field at times" to you I´m not even sure what to say about that.

There are endless reasons experts like Mayock still have Roby in their top 5 CB´s list. Plus he excels in both off man and press man which is my biggest question mark surrounding Fuller and Verret when thinking about their fit in our defense.

Ok, this only means one thing. We need a Roby film room. I'll try to do 3 games. Including Wisonsin. I've seen the cut-ups for that game probably close to a dozen times. (1) Roby didn't look as bad as people said. (2) Abbrederis is a flat out star. Best route runner in this draft by miles.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Baalke likes arm lenght, but the assumption that this is the only variable is false. Plus, he's only demonstrated that he likes it for some positions. Doubt it goes into the valuation of Running backs, for example.
from the mouth of Baalke

On the importance of arm length of college prospects:

"I like long arms. Last year's draft should tell you that. Length's important. It's important in every sport. Aldon Smith, great leverage player because you can't get to him. He's 36-inch arm length. All of the guys last year on the D-line were 34 or more. I think it's an important trait. It's a trait that's hard to find. If you look at this this year's measurements, you're not going to find many players in this year's draft that are 34-plus arm length regardless of position. O-line, D-line, linebacker, so it is a trait we certainly look at."

What did Eric Reid do at the Combine last year that stood out to you?

"Nothing. I don't mean that in a negative way. Eric was a young man we identified of film, and we're film guys. What they do here, we gather the numbers like everybody else, but it still comes down to the film. What do they do on film? That remains the most important thing for us as evaluators and it'll continue to be moving forward."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Transcript-of-Trent-Baalkes-NFL-Combine-Presser/af917aae-4ba0-4df8-bbbe-b5478a1ea68c
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Ok, this only means one thing. We need a Roby film room. I'll try to do 3 games. Including Wisonsin. I've seen the cut-ups for that game probably close to a dozen times.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

from the mouth of Baalke

On the importance of arm length of college prospects:

"I like long arms. Last year's draft should tell you that. Length's important. It's important in every sport. Aldon Smith, great leverage player because you can't get to him. He's 36-inch arm length. All of the guys last year on the D-line were 34 or more. I think it's an important trait. It's a trait that's hard to find. If you look at this this year's measurements, you're not going to find many players in this year's draft that are 34-plus arm length regardless of position. O-line, D-line, linebacker, so it is a trait we certainly look at."

What did Eric Reid do at the Combine last year that stood out to you?

"Nothing. I don't mean that in a negative way. Eric was a young man we identified of film, and we're film guys. What they do here, we gather the numbers like everybody else, but it still comes down to the film. What do they do on film? That remains the most important thing for us as evaluators and it'll continue to be moving forward."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Transcript-of-Trent-Baalkes-NFL-Combine-Presser/af917aae-4ba0-4df8-bbbe-b5478a1ea68c

In the end it comes down to the film yes. But when you are not a extremely athletic DB you will not be in the conversation to be drafted or signed by Baalke in the first place.

Tramaine Brock http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82042&draftyear=2010&genpos=FS
Chris Culliver http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69498&draftyear=2011&genpos=CB
Eric Wright http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=15720&draftyear=2007&genpos=CB
Chris Cook http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57325&draftyear=2010&genpos=CB
Darryl Morris http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=114789&draftyear=2013&genpos=CB
Eric Reid http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=111617&draftyear=2013&genpos=FS
Antoine Bethea http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=55512&draftyear=2006&genpos=FS

Kyle Fuller http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107545&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone