LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 310 users in the forums

ICE 2014 Mock Draft

1st. TCU CB Jason Verrett- Best slot CB in the draft that has really smooth hips and outstanding quickness.

2nd. Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief- Big, fast and strong deep threat that can really stretch the field. Draft Crush

2nd. Clemson OG Brandon Thomas- Played LT in college but will move to OG in the NFL. Really Strong hand punch with giant hands and really long arms(TB pick).

3rd. Clemson CB Bashaud Breeland- Raw CB that has all the physical tools to be a really good CB in the NFL. Plus he has really long arms.

3rd. Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz- Big, Strong, Old School TE that has deceptive speed and hands. Has great size that could be a real weapon in the red zone.

3rd. West Virginia DE Will Clark- Great athletic build with a broad wingspan. Hard worker that knows how to use his outstanding length. Can anchor would-be blockers.

4th. Indiana WR Cody Latimer- This young strong fast WR could be the steal of the draft. Still learning how to run routes but has the raw tools to be a great WR.

5th. Louisville ILB Preston Brown- Outstanding size. Very physical tackler who excels going downhill and attacking the run. Shows good football instincts, Hits hard.

7th. Wisconsin SS Dezmen Southward- Raw SS with freakish tools. Still needs a lot of coaching but should be a special teams demon. Coaches son.

7th. Oklahoma FB Trey Millard- Old school FB that can really block and has good hands. Will need a redshirt year to get healthy. Pick and stash.

7th. Missouri RB Henry Josey- Fast change of pace back. Smallish at 5-8 190 but strong and does not fumble. Think Kendall Hunter with more speed with less wiggle.
[ Edited by Ice49er on Apr 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Ice49er:
1. TCU CB Jason Verrett- Best slot CB in the draft that has really smooth hips and outstanding quickness.

I think we should use some of the other picks or at least trade them for future picks.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We traded all our picks for Verrett.........Thanks Baalke
  • pfizz
verrett and the draft is a success. love it.
What'd we do with the other picks? Throw them in the garbage?
Here is my idea(plausible or not). Trade either crabs or iupati for a first or a 2nd for iupati because we will not be able to sign both imo. We can use the high pick we ge towards the best wr. Then trade lmj and a 3rd to Dallas for morris Claiborne. Then use our own pick to get a first next year or best available player this year. If we trade iupati and only got a second use it coupled with our first and maybe a third to get best wr available. Just an opinion.
Nice mock. Hope we get that lucky.
Nice mock
That is a good mock. Only change would be a backup QB instead of Josey.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
I can't see us keeping 2 pure FB's on the team. On the practice squad ya. But no point in using a pick on one.

Originally posted by KID9R:
I can't see us keeping 2 pure FB's on the team. On the practice squad ya. But no point in using a pick on one.

I think its a good idea having 2 FB's. They're important for the offense we run and look what happened to the running game after Bruce went out last year
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by KID9R:

I think its a good idea having 2 FB's. They're important for the offense we run and look what happened to the running game after Bruce went out last year

2 FB's is a waste, with the depth on our roster that FB could take a spot of a possibly very good player. We need to cross train another player to play FB in a pinch. And if it's a longer injury activate one from the PS if that player's better than the cross trained one. Like Dobbs or Tukuafu
Verrett and Moncrief picks are great. The rest blows chunks
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Apr 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM ]
I'd be cool with this but some of these guys will be gone.
TE in round 3? Why spend such a high pick on a position where we already have our starter and backup? Team is not going to give up on Vance already. Also don't like taking a guard with our 2nd round pick, if Iupati leaves after this year then why not just spend a 1st or 2nd on a G next year or sign a FA?
Share 49ersWebzone