Free Agency:
Signings and Extensions
Anquan Boldin, WR- 2 years, $12 million
Daniel Kilgore, C- 3 years, $4.85 million
Phil Dawson, K- 2 years, $6.13 million
Kassim Osgood, WR/ST- 1 year, $955,000
Michael Wilhoite, LB- tendered, $570,000
Demarcus Dobbs, DL- tendered
Colin Kaepernick, QB- 7 years, $135 million (incentive-based)
Antoine Bethea, SS- 4 years, $21 million
Eric Wright, CB- 1 year
Jonathan Martin, OT- 2 years
Chris Cook, CB- 1 year, $730,000
Perrish Cox, CB- 1 year

DRAFT:

Trade own 1st round pick and Titans 3rd round pick for a pick in the mid-late teens

1a. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU

Trade Chiefs 2nd round pick, own 3rd round pick, and Saints 5th round pick for late 1st round pick

1b. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

Trade own 2nd round pick for an early 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick

3a. Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford

3b. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida

4a. Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson

Trade Lamichael James for a 4th round pick

4. Ahmad Dixon, S, Baylor

Traded own 6th rounder for Blaine Gabbert

7a. Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska

7b. Tom Savage, QB, Pitt

7c. Gator Hoskins, FB/TE Marshall

Undrafted Free Agents:

Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska
Jabari Price, CB, North Carolina
Erik Lora, WR, Eastern Illinois

2014 Opening Depth Chart:

QB: Kaepernick, Gabbert

HB: Gore, Lattimore, Hunter

FB: Miller, Hoskins

WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Beckham, Patton, Osgood

TE: Davis, McDonald, Carrier

LT: Staley

LG: Iupati, Looney

C: Kilgore

RG: Boone, Snyder

RT: Davis, Martin

LE: McDonald, Jerod-Eddie

NT: Dorsey, Williams, Dial

RE: Smith, Carradine, Dobbs

LOLB: Brooks, Murphy

MLB: Willis, Wilhoite, Moody

ROLB: Smith, Lemonier, Skuta

CB: Brock, Culliver, Verrett, Cox, Morris, Breeland

FS: Reid, Spillman

SS: Bethea, Ventrone, Dixon

K: Dawson

P: Lee

LS: McDermott

IR: Easley
PUP: Bowman

ITALICS = INACTIVE
BOLD = NEW PLAYER

Practice Squad:

· QB: Tom Savage

· HB: Jewel Hampton

· WR: Erik Lora (UDFA)

· OL: Spencer Long

· DL: Mike Purcell

· DL: Lawrence Okoye

· LB: Dede Lattimore

· DB: Daxton Swanson
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Apr 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM ]
I love the draft but I think you're not being realistic with a lot of those guys being around where you have them.

Also nobody is giving up a late 1st round pick for a late 2nd and late 3rd...plus a 7th which is a joke.
[ Edited by genus49 on Apr 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM ]
I don't know if I would want to give up so much for Beckham Jr.

Also, what happened to our 5th round pick?

Also, we have three 7th Rd picks and you traded one but still drafted 3 players in the 7th Rd.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I don't know if I would want to give up so much for Beckham Jr.

Also, what happened to our 5th round pick?

Also, we have three 7th Rd picks and you traded one but still drafted 3 players in the 7th Rd.

The 5th round pick was traded with the Jason Verrett trade. Meant to have that instead of the 7th rounder
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Apr 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
I love the draft but I think you're not being realistic with a lot of those guys being around where you have them.

Also nobody is giving up a late 1st round pick for a late 2nd and late 3rd...plus a 7th which is a joke.

It was supposed to be a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round pick my bad.. And that's very possible in this deep of a draft.

Which picks do you think are in an unreasonable position?
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Apr 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM ]
A few gripes. Kap won't get over $19M a year average, so no way in hell he gets $135M with incentives, Baalke won't cripple the cap with a deal like that.

Breeland is a 2nd-3rd rd pick.

Ventrone should be kept over Dahl.

We won't keep 8 DL, probably 6 at most, 7 maybe. So I think a 3rd QB happens.

I do like the draft, just Breeland and Murphy are too low. Both have top 50-64 pick written all over them, IMO anyway.
Also Bowman will go on PUP, and I think we could put Long on NFI.
I actually really like the draft and the trades.

2 things tho..

1-We are not getting a 4th for LMJ. Maybe a 6th at the most.

2-We dont need two FBs on the active roster.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
A few gripes. Kap won't get over $19M a year average, so no way in hell he gets $135M with incentives, Baalke won't cripple the cap with a deal like that.

Breeland is a 2nd-3rd rd pick.

Ventrone should be kept over Dahl.

We won't keep 8 DL, probably 6 at most, 7 maybe. So I think a 3rd QB happens.

I do like the draft, just Breeland and Murphy are too low. Both have top 50-64 pick written all over them, IMO anyway.

I don't think Kap will take anything less than that and I don't think he should considering what other qb's are getting these days. If Baalke doesn't want to pay that then we're going to lose him.

On Breeland, I agree it's hopeful he'll fall but I have him falling because of the depth of this cornerback class.

Also think Murphy will fall because he's a tweener. Too small for a DE but not quick enough to be an OLB on most teams.. I think he could be a good situational pass rusher for us and eventually take over for Brooks

Thinking about it, I actually agree with you on Ventrone, overlooked him.
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Apr 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM ]

Thanks for that, wasn't really sure

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

2 things tho..

I have him as more of a FB/TE hybrid who can contribute on special teams so I think he would add value
Originally posted by Cooper22:
I don't think Kap will take anything less than that and I don't think he should considering what other qb's are getting these days. If Baalke doesn't want to pay that then we're going to lose him.

On Breeland, I agree it's hopeful he'll fall but I have him falling because of the depth of this cornerback class.

Also think Murphy will fall because he's a tweener. Too small for a DE but not quick enough to be an OLB on most teams.. I think he could be a good situational pass rusher for us and eventually take over for Brooks

Thinking about it, I actually agree with you on Ventrone, overlooked him.

See we disagree. I think Kap would be smart to take a short term deal, around $16.25M a year, and then cash in again in a few years, with a big extension. Plus his agents are looking at $17-$18 million a year. I don't believe Baalke wants to lose him, or will cave, he hasn't with anyone. $135M is a lot, and would make him I believe the highest paid QB. Which I don't believe Kap deserves yet. He has 1 1/2 seasons played, and has made many mental mistakes, that need to be corrected before he considered an elite QB. I believe he will be one, but he is nowhere near a Peyton, Brady, Brees. I would even say, and it pains me, but Russell Wilson is better right now. Guys like Cutler and Romo don't deserve the money they got, but that doesn't mean Baalke will automatically cave and give him the world. Same for a Joe Flacco deal, just doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

2 things tho..

I have him as more of a FB/TE hybrid who can contribute on special teams so I think he would add value

I like this decision. I love Hoskins, so it is a solid choice. Like said I only disagree with Kap, and we agree with Ventrone.

Thanks for that, wasn't really sure

Yeah I think Bowman would be a PUP candidate, he can stay on there 6 weeks, then when he is ready to practice, they have 3 weeks to activate or keep him sidelined. Long would be an NFI since it was a college injury.
One of the first OPs with the guts to suggest trading up. Good job. My quibble would be an OLB with the third pick. Some would maybe switch your 3a with 4a. I'd go with WR Martavis Bryant.
Share 49ersWebzone