LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Cooper's Trade Heavy Mock Draft 2014

Why the flying frick would we take an OLB again? Not a fan of Murphy either. You actually expect our roster to carry 5 OLB's but only 3 ILB with Bowman being out at least half of the season? Like the first 2 picks tho.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 4, 2014 at 4:39 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Here
http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=sf
now redo
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Free Agency:
Signings and Extensions
Anquan Boldin, WR- 2 years, $12 million
Daniel Kilgore, C- 3 years, $4.85 million
Phil Dawson, K- 2 years, $6.13 million
Kassim Osgood, WR/ST- 1 year, $955,000
Michael Wilhoite, LB- tendered, $570,000
Demarcus Dobbs, DL- tendered
Colin Kaepernick, QB- 7 years, $135 million (incentive-based)
Antoine Bethea, SS- 4 years, $21 million
Eric Wright, CB- 1 year
Jonathan Martin, OT- 2 years
Chris Cook, CB- 1 year, $730,000
Perrish Cox, CB- 1 year

DRAFT:

Trade own 1st round pick and Titans 3rd round pick for a pick in the mid-late teens

1a. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU

Trade Chiefs 2nd round pick, own 3rd round pick, and Saints 5th round pick for late 1st round pick

1b. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

Trade own 2nd round pick for an early 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick

3a. Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford

3b. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida

4a. Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson

Trade Lamichael James for a 4th round pick

4. Ahmad Dixon, S, Baylor

Traded own 6th rounder for Blaine Gabbert

7a. Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska

7b. Tom Savage, QB, Pitt

7c. Gator Hoskins, FB/TE Marshall

Undrafted Free Agents:

Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska
Jabari Price, CB, North Carolina
Erik Lora, WR, Eastern Illinois

2014 Opening Depth Chart:

QB: Kaepernick, Gabbert

HB: Gore, Lattimore, Hunter

FB: Miller, Hoskins

WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Beckham, Patton, Osgood

TE: Davis, McDonald, Carrier

LT: Staley

LG: Iupati, Looney

C: Kilgore

RG: Boone, Snyder

RT: Davis, Martin

LE: McDonald, Jerod-Eddie

NT: Dorsey, Williams, Dial

RE: Smith, Carradine, Dobbs

LOLB: Brooks, Murphy

MLB: Willis, Wilhoite, Moody

ROLB: Smith, Lemonier, Skuta

CB: Brock, Culliver, Verrett, Cox, Morris, Breeland

FS: Reid, Spillman

SS: Bethea, Ventrone, Dixon

K: Dawson

P: Lee

LS: McDermott

IR: Easley
PUP: Bowman

ITALICS = INACTIVE
BOLD = NEW PLAYER

Practice Squad:

· QB: Tom Savage

· HB: Jewel Hampton

· WR: Erik Lora (UDFA)

· OL: Spencer Long

· DL: Mike Purcell

· DL: Lawrence Okoye

· LB: Dede Lattimore

· DB: Daxton Swanson

I like some of the raft-picks,But what I don,t get is Some people need to THINK about the future,the future at Wide reciever,The draft is deep in WRs and we need to draft @ wrsNOT 1 ,2 ....Crabtree will not be able to hold the 9ers hostage next yearin negotiations and BOLDIN signed a 2-year contract,if we can get Any combination of 2 of these guys we will be set for the future:Moncreif,Herron,Beckham,Bryant,Cooks,Benjaminn,Landry,Paul(Colorado Kid),Dri Archer,Matthews,Alan Hurns....these are the ones that come to mind it would be a TERRIBLE same Not to greg @ wideouts when the grabbing is GOOD.
All that trading and you only ended up with one WR...and even then, not a premier receiver, IMHO. Save the trades, unless Baalke needs to trade up slightly to land Fuller.

Grab Matthews in 2nd...only the most consistent WR coming out and all-time leading SEC receiver.

Take top DL on the board or Robert Herron (might be early, but dude's a baller).

We need an ILB a lot more than an OLB. Take Skov.

Breeland is supposedly one of Baalke's guys.

The rest, meh. I think Baalke has other QB's in mind vs Savage.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Here
http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=sf
now redo

I mean if you actually look at my trades that actually re affirms the trades I made so I don't get your point.
Originally posted by kronik:
Why the flying frick would we take an OLB again? Not a fan of Murphy either. You actually expect our roster to carry 5 OLB's but only 3 ILB with Bowman being out at least half of the season? Like the first 2 picks tho.

Brooks is 30 years old, Skuta can slide inside if need be (2 of the 3 ILB's would have to get hurt), can never have too many pass rushers (see Seattle).
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I don't think Kap will take anything less than that and I don't think he should considering what other qb's are getting these days. If Baalke doesn't want to pay that then we're going to lose him.

On Breeland, I agree it's hopeful he'll fall but I have him falling because of the depth of this cornerback class.

Also think Murphy will fall because he's a tweener. Too small for a DE but not quick enough to be an OLB on most teams.. I think he could be a good situational pass rusher for us and eventually take over for Brooks

Thinking about it, I actually agree with you on Ventrone, overlooked him.

See we disagree. I think Kap would be smart to take a short term deal, around $16.25M a year, and then cash in again in a few years, with a big extension. Plus his agents are looking at $17-$18 million a year. I don't believe Baalke wants to lose him, or will cave, he hasn't with anyone. $135M is a lot, and would make him I believe the highest paid QB. Which I don't believe Kap deserves yet. He has 1 1/2 seasons played, and has made many mental mistakes, that need to be corrected before he considered an elite QB. I believe he will be one, but he is nowhere near a Peyton, Brady, Brees. I would even say, and it pains me, but Russell Wilson is better right now. Guys like Cutler and Romo don't deserve the money they got, but that doesn't mean Baalke will automatically cave and give him the world. Same for a Joe Flacco deal, just doesn't make sense.

Yeah I'd love for that to happen. A short deal that won't kill the cap.. I just think Kap realizes that if he doesn't get his money this year, he'll get it next year from us or another team. Hard to pass up for anyone.
Who returns kicks?

And if Sproles could only get a 5th, there is no way James would get a 4tf
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This might work "Trade own 2nd round pick for an early 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick"

However....

If you get lucky enough to find the team(s) that are willing to do the two below, let me know... I want to sell them some ideas

"Trade own 1st round pick and Titans 3rd round pick for a pick in the mid-late teens"

"Trade Chiefs 2nd round pick, own 3rd round pick, and Saints 5th round pick for late 1st round pick"

But, ya never know... teams could get desperate for more picks (especially if they have hardly any)....
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Who returns kicks?

And if Sproles could only get a 5th, there is no way James would get a 4tf

Odell Beckham is one of the best kick returners in the country

Originally posted by LVJay:
This might work "Trade own 2nd round pick for an early 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick"

However....

If you get lucky enough to find the team(s) that are willing to do the two below, let me know... I want to sell them some ideas

"Trade own 1st round pick and Titans 3rd round pick for a pick in the mid-late teens"

"Trade Chiefs 2nd round pick, own 3rd round pick, and Saints 5th round pick for late 1st round pick"

But, ya never know... teams could get desperate for more picks (especially if they have hardly any)....

I don't get why everyone just sees the trades and automaticay thinks they're not possible. We trade a late 1st and late 3rd for pick number 18 last year. This year, the Titans 3rd round pick is in the top half of the round.

And the other trade up, we'd be giving up more value than receiving, especially in a deep draft
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I don't get why everyone just sees the trades and automaticay thinks they're not possible. We trade a late 1st and late 3rd for pick number 18 last year. This year, the Titans 3rd round pick is in the top half of the round.

And the other trade up, we'd be giving up more value than receiving, especially in a deep draft

I just wanted to mess with you for a little bit

I'm sure Baalke could work it out... it really all depends on which team(s) would ponder the offer(s) and if the deal is right (would they benefit more from the extra pick(s) or stay with their own 1st rd pick)...

""Trade Chiefs 2nd round pick, own 3rd round pick, and Saints 5th round pick for late 1st round pick"

Maybe Denver or Patriots would be interested .... I don't think Dallas has a lot of picks, they might be wanting to deal.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
One of the first OPs with the guts to suggest trading up. Good job. My quibble would be an OLB with the third pick. Some would maybe switch your 3a with 4a. I'd go with WR Martavis Bryant.

Bingo.
Mock writers can have all the "guts" to propose trades they want...it doesn't necessarily relate to what Baalke will actually do. He's shown a penchant for making smart trades...to either move up a few spots to get a player he & Harbaugh want or to move back to gain picks. Last year he traded up to #18 to get Eric Reid...who rewarded Baalke/Harbaugh's faith in him with stellar play. Doing something similar to get Beckham doesn't seem to have the same team value. And, he was the only WR projected. I think Baalke could achieve similar results by either standing pat or trading out of the #30 position to get another 2nd rounder. Trading up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds is considerably less costly than doing business in the 1st rd and with the depth in this draft would seem to be more prudent and just as bountiful.
I like your picks but some may be too high to go for. No team will give up a 4th for James. I'd take Skov over Murphy. Skov is about the same size as Kiko Alonso. He may not be as good right now but he has a nose for the ball. I keep thinking if a top D-Lineman falls to us the team will go after him. If 4 quarterbacks go in the first and maybe if another sneaks in at the top of the second round the 49ers will have plenty to choose from where they are.
Share 49ersWebzone