There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The DB Mock Draft

Given the depth of this year's draft and the fact that we have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, there's a good argument for staying put and taking 7 guys. But doing so would mean we may not adequately address our most pressing needs - defensive backfield, receiver, and returner. So, I'm trading the 7 picks for 4 quality players (and keeping our 5th and the 4 7th rounders).

Pick 30 (620 points) + Pick 94 (124 points) to Chiefs for Pick 23 (760 points) – 49ers select Kyle Fuller

Pick 56 (340 points) + Pick 77 (205 points) to Oakland for Pick 36 (540 points) – 49ers select Jason Verrett

Pick 61 (292 points) + Pick 129 (43 points) to San Diego for Pick 57 (330 points) – 49ers select Allen Robinson

Pick 100 (3rd Round Comp) – 49ers select Dri Archer

Pick 170 – 49ers select Brian Stork

4 7th rounders - I have absolutely no idea.

Originally posted by midrdan:

Given the depth of this year's draft and the fact that we have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, there's a good argument for staying put and taking 7 guys. But doing so would mean we may not adequately address our most pressing needs - defensive backfield, receiver, and returner. So, I'm trading the 7 picks for 4 quality players (and keeping our 5th and the 4 7th rounders).

Pick 30 (620 points) + Pick 94 (124 points) to Chiefs for Pick 23 (760 points) – 49ers select Kyle Fuller

Pick 56 (340 points) + Pick 77 (205 points) to Oakland for Pick 36 (540 points) – 49ers select Jason Verrett

Pick 61 (292 points) + Pick 129 (43 points) to San Diego for Pick 57 (330 points) – 49ers select Allen Robinson

Pick 100 (3rd Round Comp) – 49ers select Dri Archer

Pick 170 – 49ers select Brian Stork

4 7th rounders - I have absolutely no idea.

Verrett will be gone in the first round

I do like you have Allen Robinson on here, I'm thinking he is faster than his combine 40
I've been a big fan of his
I really like your idea of trading up in the 1st but I don't think its realistic on the Chiefs end. I know they don't have a 2nd but if we really want to move up to get a cb that we really want and not just hope or take whoever falls, then I think the chiefs are gonna want the 77 pick. Its a premium but you gotta give more value in multiple picks if you want to move up to get a premier player. I'd still do it (our 30 and 77 for their 23 and love to get Fuller.

Would then stay put with our 2 2nd rounders and take BPA (there is gonna be some really good wr's sitting there in the second).

But you are correct that Trent is very likely to move up and around.
Last year we moved up 13 spots in the 1st round for a 3rd rd pick.

We moved back 6 spots in the 2nd rd and gained a 3rd round pick.

We moved up in the 2nd round 5 spots for a 6th round pick.

Baalke always pays less to move up and gets more to move back. He made Jerry Jones his little biatch. If he moves up he will do better than you projected. Especially in a deep draft when there are so many great players available if you stay put.
would be awesome 2 get 2 quality starter like CBs and a good WR. In this draft I'm just not sure what the heck I want to do, I know we need at least one WR and probably 2 CBs, the draft is so deep though just not sure I want to trade away a bunch of picks.
As mad as I was at Culliver, he will likely be on the team next year, and start. Brock is another starter. We have two starters, we are not desperate to pick up two immediate starters at CB, We don't have to do anything drastic.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Apr 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM ]