There are 190 users in the forums

BPA, No trades, all needs addressed Mock!

CB KYLE FULLER VIRGINIA TECH- without trading up or down we a guy who can compete for a starting job from day 1 opposite Brock.
WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI- big, strong and fast, future starter if Crabtree walks or when Anquan 2 years are up
DT KELCY QUARLES SOUTH CAROLINA- BPA at this spot, I personally think Tank Carradine will be a star and we will start to see that this year, DL set
C WESTON RICHBURG COLORADO STATE- again BPA at a spot we can use some competition
WR PAUL RICHARDSON COLORADO- speedy guy who can compete in the slot
RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE- with the comp pick the best back in the draft is still available
CB ANTONE EXUM VIRIGNIA TECH- Va Tech again for the secondary. This guy is a better player then any safety prospect remaining, can play any DB spot
RB DRI ARCHER KENT STATE- in case you hadn't realized yet, L James won't be around long after this draft, this kid is lightning, if on the board here, no brainer
G CHRIS BURNETTE GEORGIA- practice squad guy, I'd like us to resign Iupati bc he's top 5 at his position, Crabtree not top 5
FB TREY MILLARD OKLAHOMA- Swiss Army knife type
TE ASA WATSON NORTH CAROLINA STATE- Vernon won't be around forever, Vance is only other 53 man roster worthy

I would have liked to address ILB, gaurd earlier, and may have over drafted on offense but thats the way my board fell. I didn't speculate on trades. I personally believe we stand pat in rounds 1 and 2, and move up in the 3rd with our 4th and 5th round picks. I think we walk away with 6 future starters out of this draft. Next year we can address SS, Gaurd, backup QB, ILB,
This draft absolutely stacks our roster with interesting competition all over...

RB- Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, Hyde, Archer
WR- Crabtree, Bolden, Moncrief, Patton, Richardson
Don't many have Hyde going in the first or early second round now?
Nice mock, but I disagree about Iupati being top 5, he is a terrible pass blocker. If it is a choice between him and Crabtree, you have to go with the skill position guy. It is always easier to replace a guard than to find a receiver the quality of Crabtree. We already saw last year which player means more to the offense.
Hyde and Archer probably both go sooner. But if we did this draft it wouldn't be that bad. A lot of needs are addressed here. Not trading has some value too as you can fill a lot of needs. But I'm of the opinion that trading up may be good this year for the best available CB. But if we do stay put at all picks we can fill a lot of needs and depth too. So it may not be a terrible option.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Nice mock, but I disagree about Iupati being top 5, he is a terrible pass blocker. If it is a choice between him and Crabtree, you have to go with the skill position guy. It is always easier to replace a guard than to find a receiver the quality of Crabtree. We already saw last year which player means more to the offense.

It's the opposite. Iupati is a top Guard when healthy. You can find a slow possession WR. We can fill Crabtrees spot. And it would be good for Kaep to lose him in some ways since he stares him down so much. Maybe he will be forced into looking at the whole field for a change instead of staring at Crabtree on every single play. IMO we probably lose both of the above though because we have to sign Aldon and Kaep and both of those will absolutely break the bank. I honestly think we lose both Crab and Iupati.
Don't want to spend a 3rd round pick on a RB who you have listed as 4th string on the depth chart. We could get an ILB or another CB/S or some other position.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Very nice mock.
I like it.
I really like it.

Although I'd bet that we move out of the pick. I'm hoping we move down but that has nothing to do w/your draft.

personally, I wouldn't go C w/Richburg [good player] IMO, G is what we need, and a very good one at that. I'm hoping for Gabe Jackson 6'4"330 Mississippi State, who can learn our system for a year behind Iupati and then come in and be the beast he is. I feel he'll be a top G for years to come kind f like Larry Allen [not as good but could be close]

Fuller and Montcrief are very good picks and Quarles is pretty tough guy. Getting Exum at that spot would be a great move.

Good mock.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Good players in your mock but Fuller value is shooting up and will not be available at 30

Since Baalke's extended Kilgore to take over at C, why spend a 3rd rd pick on one. Competition's fine, but not with a 3rd rd pick. Looney, Seymour and even Snyder are enough competition. Don't think Richardon is stout enough...6 ft 170 lbs won't cut it. Speed is great, but a guy that slender, good luck in the NFL. I know some have done it, but there's other options to include Bryant, Herron, Robinson, et al. Don't get taking a RB...backfield's already crowded. Baalke drafted Lattimore to compete this year. An ILB is needed now. Despite signing Bethea, now's the time to draft another S...Dahl's the primary b/u. Exum could possibly fill that role, but I know Baalke's looking for CB's with more size & length. I like some of your picks, but I see TB coming out of the early rds with two of the best CB's and WR's...that's the biggest priority.
That would work for me.
  • pfizz
all needs except our biggest: inside cornerback
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

It's the opposite. Iupati is a top Guard when healthy. You can find a slow possession WR. We can fill Crabtrees spot. And it would be good for Kaep to lose him in some ways since he stares him down so much. Maybe he will be forced into looking at the whole field for a change instead of staring at Crabtree on every single play. IMO we probably lose both of the above though because we have to sign Aldon and Kaep and both of those will absolutely break the bank. I honestly think we lose both Crab and Iupati.

We'll have to agree to disagree man, if we keep either the smart move is Crabtree. Guards are a dime a dozen and Iupati severely lacks in pass protection. Crabtree is much more important to the team.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
6 future states is not what we need. We need 2 starting corners now. A 3rd reciever with speed and agility over size first now. States in the future don't get a ring this year
Share 49ersWebzone