LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

pd24's after FA Mock

not sexy but solid...very solid!

Originally posted by DeHubb:
has everyone wrote him off Dominique easley? ive seen most mocks lately without him...

i think he has been labeled with the big bust potential.
I think 3 CBs in the first 3 rounds is overkill. I would take out Joyner and put in Easley.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by pd24:
1st round:

30: Odell Beckham Jr(WR): We have been trying to get that 3rd WR with speed. Becham has plenty of that to go along with some long arms to give him a bigger catch radius. Will play right away and can also return punts and kicks.

2nd round:

56: Stephon Tuitt(DE): A big 6'6'' 300lb guy that can come in and be a part of the rotation. Can never have enough defensive linemen. Since Justin Smith is only here a few more years, might as well let his work ethic rub off on the fresh ne D linemen in Tuitt and Tank.

61: Donte Moncrief(WR): Big, fast and strong. SHould get mixed in some in the passing game and will be here to replace or play along side Crabtree in the next year or two.

3rd round:

77: Dontae Johnson(CB): Tall at 6'2'' and fast with a 4.45 40 time. Can be the big press corner we are looking for.

94: Lamarcus Joyner(CB/S): Just a flat out playmaker. Can step in anp play the nickel CB spot. The guy is all over and is waiting to make a play.

100: Antone Exum(CB): Anther Baalke special. This guy is going to be a stud.

4th round:

129: Daniel McCullers(DT): A big guy to plug the middle. We have the best D line coach in the business and he can do some work with this 6'7'' 350 pound man. He can get a push and force RB's ways that they don't want to go.

5th round:

170: Spencer Long(G): A guy to keep on the IR for the year and let him come in frsh for a shot at a starting spot if Iupati leaves

6th round:

Traded

7th round:

242: Trey Millard(H-Back/FB/TE): A D Walk replacement

243: Colt Lyerla(TE): Big fast TE with some problems

245: Logan Thomas(QB): If he can't play QB, try him at TE.

Like the bolded picks you have. I hope Joyner falls that far but I don't think he will. Also we might need to address the ILB concern..
We might need to spend a 3/4th on a ILB like Barrow from LSU

Also I used to think we could nab Tuitt with our second pick, but I don't think that is very realistic anymore. What draft ranking did you use?
I just posted this exact stuff on another thread

For example, Tuitt plays DT/DE IMO the rankings for DT/DE this year are The only guys I have going in front of Tuitt this year are
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Tim Jernigan
3. Kony Ealy
4. Ra'Shede Hageman
5. Aaron Donald
6. Louis Nix

The earliest we are drafting in the second is pick #56
1. Clowney is probably going within the first 5 picks (I have him going to the Raiders or Falcons) #5/6
2. Jernigan is going to the Giants (they just lost Tuck Joseph) #12
3. Steelers could pick up a D-lineman here, although they will probably go with a corner but their second pick is still before ours and they need to help on that D-line I see them taking Aaron Donald here #15
4. Cowboys are going to take a D-lineman here, losing Ware and Hatcher leaves it exposed and they are going to bring in Ra'Shede Hageman here #16 (or they get him second round still before ours)
5. The Pack. Our playoff game against them last season showed why they need help on the D-line. Not to mention a pass rusher. I see them taking Ealy either with this pick or they could in their second round. #21
6. Last on this board is Louis Nix, I see the Chargers taking him with pick #25

You might disagree with what players I have getting drafted by their respected teams, But I'm only on the 25th pick, barely over halfway to our #56 and I already have 6 D-lineman going off the board.
Not to mention we haven't even gotten to teams behind that I see the Hawks (in the first round) Pats, Bengals, Eagles, Bears, and Jags taking a D-lineman in the second round.

Jernigan, Donald, and Nix are not 3-4 ends. Too short with short arms. They can't staked up the double team and get tall to see the play. Nix could more but is way to slow to hold the edge. He's a perfect nose. Donald and Jernigan are perfect 3 techs.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I think 3 CBs in the first 3 rounds is overkill. I would take out Joyner and put in Easley.

All 3 of the CB's in this draft could play Safety and Exum and Johnson have a bit of playing time at the CB and safety spot. That is why I didn't draft a safety for the future because one of those guys can fill that need does the line. People also project as a CB/Safety prospect, I would prefer him to play nickel but he might be a player you want on the field at all times.
lmfao at the blindness of the zone when it comes to DM and second round. from what's out there he's mid 3rd rounder.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
lmfao at the blindness of the zone when it comes to DM and second round. from what's out there he's mid 3rd rounder.

Too much size, speed, and production for him to go in round 3. He will be gone in the 2nd somewhere.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Jernigan, Donald, and Nix are not 3-4 ends. Too short with short arms. They can't staked up the double team and get tall to see the play. Nix could more but is way to slow to hold the edge. He's a perfect nose. Donald and Jernigan are perfect 3 techs.

I think you need to re-read our discussions and posts.
The question wasn't about what position or scheme those guys would fit in
Its about who would take them before Tuitt
I like Tuitt at 30 and Moncrief at 56. However I never liked Joyner at all anywhere so him at 61 is an I hope not.
Originally posted by DeHubb:
has everyone wrote him off Dominique easley? ive seen most mocks lately without him...

I love Dominique Easley, but the more I vet him the more I get the feeling he might not be a great fit at the 5 technique. He seems more like a 3.

I'm focusing more on Stephon Tuitt & Kareem Martin.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by KID9R:

I think you need to re-read our discussions and posts.
The question wasn't about what position or scheme those guys would fit in
Its about who would take them before Tuitt

yes I'm sorry, I mistook "DT/DE" as a 34 DE.

Right now we can't afford to not go CB with one of our first 2 picks, if Culliver is suspended, think about our depth at the position. I like Tuitt, but why draft a guy who will be somewhere between #3 and #5 at his position next year when we need impact players at CB and WR.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Right now we can't afford to not go CB with one of our first 2 picks, if Culliver is suspended, think about our depth at the position. I like Tuitt, but why draft a guy who will be somewhere between #3 and #5 at his position next year when we need impact players at CB and WR.

A fresh disruptive D line and OLB core would be the best wat to hide and help a young secondary. IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone