Originally posted by pd24:
30: Odell Beckham Jr(WR): We have been trying to get that 3rd WR with speed. Becham has plenty of that to go along with some long arms to give him a bigger catch radius. Will play right away and can also return punts and kicks.
56: Stephon Tuitt(DE): A big 6'6'' 300lb guy that can come in and be a part of the rotation. Can never have enough defensive linemen. Since Justin Smith is only here a few more years, might as well let his work ethic rub off on the fresh ne D linemen in Tuitt and Tank.
61: Donte Moncrief(WR): Big, fast and strong. SHould get mixed in some in the passing game and will be here to replace or play along side Crabtree in the next year or two.
77: Dontae Johnson(CB): Tall at 6'2'' and fast with a 4.45 40 time. Can be the big press corner we are looking for.
94: Lamarcus Joyner(CB/S): Just a flat out playmaker. Can step in anp play the nickel CB spot. The guy is all over and is waiting to make a play.
100: Antone Exum(CB): Anther Baalke special. This guy is going to be a stud.
129: Daniel McCullers(DT): A big guy to plug the middle. We have the best D line coach in the business and he can do some work with this 6'7'' 350 pound man. He can get a push and force RB's ways that they don't want to go.
170: Spencer Long(G): A guy to keep on the IR for the year and let him come in frsh for a shot at a starting spot if Iupati leaves
242: Trey Millard(H-Back/FB/TE): A D Walk replacement
243: Colt Lyerla(TE): Big fast TE with some problems
245: Logan Thomas(QB): If he can't play QB, try him at TE.
Like the bolded picks you have. I hope Joyner falls that far but I don't think he will. Also we might need to address the ILB concern..
We might need to spend a 3/4th on a ILB like Barrow from LSU
Also I used to think we could nab Tuitt with our second pick, but I don't think that is very realistic anymore. What draft ranking did you use?
I just posted this exact stuff on another thread
For example, Tuitt plays DT/DE IMO the rankings for DT/DE this year are The only guys I have going in front of Tuitt this year are
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Tim Jernigan
3. Kony Ealy
4. Ra'Shede Hageman
5. Aaron Donald
6. Louis Nix
The earliest we are drafting in the second is pick #56
1. Clowney is probably going within the first 5 picks (I have him going to the Raiders or Falcons) #5/6
2. Jernigan is going to the Giants (they just lost Tuck Joseph) #12
3. Steelers could pick up a D-lineman here, although they will probably go with a corner but their second pick is still before ours and they need to help on that D-line I see them taking Aaron Donald here #15
4. Cowboys are going to take a D-lineman here, losing Ware and Hatcher leaves it exposed and they are going to bring in Ra'Shede Hageman here #16 (or they get him second round still before ours)
5. The Pack. Our playoff game against them last season showed why they need help on the D-line. Not to mention a pass rusher. I see them taking Ealy either with this pick or they could in their second round. #21
6. Last on this board is Louis Nix, I see the Chargers taking him with pick #25
You might disagree with what players I have getting drafted by their respected teams, But I'm only on the 25th pick, barely over halfway to our #56 and I already have 6 D-lineman going off the board.
Not to mention we haven't even gotten to teams behind that I see the Hawks (in the first round) Pats, Bengals, Eagles, Bears, and Jags taking a D-lineman in the second round.