LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

Post Culliver arrest mock

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Three defensive players before the first offensive is not what I wish to see. The Niners' offense is playing catch-up to its defense regarding quality and production. The offense needs higher picks than the 3rd IMO. Although Latimer is an interesting player.

I think due to the depth in this draft we can do that because we can get someone like dri archer or De'Anthony Thomas in the fourth or fifth.Latimer should have stayed at school for one more year and could have been a first rounder.If we're getting him in the third.If you're getting players like this in mid to late rounds then we can wait.
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM ]
Let me rephrase, I don't think Tuitt and Watkins will be there
but

Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
Would you care to tell me why

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Tuitt is a first round lock

For example, Tuitt plays DT/DE
IMO the rankings for DT/DE this year are
The only guys I have going in front of Tuitt this year are
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Tim Jernigan
3. Kony Ealy
4. Ra'Shede Hageman
5. Aaron Donald
6. Louis Nix

The earliest we are drafting in the second is pick #56

1. Clowney is probably going within the first 5 picks (I have him going to the Raiders or Falcons) #5/6
2. Jernigan is going to the Giants (they just lost Tuck Joseph) #12
3. Steelers could pick up a D-lineman here, although they will probably go with a corner but their second pick is still before ours and they need to help on that D-line
I see them taking Aaron Donald here #15
4. Cowboys are going to take a D-lineman here, losing Ware and Hatcher leaves it exposed and they are going to bring in Ra'Shede Hageman here #16 (or they get him second round still before ours)
5. The Pack. Our playoff game against them last season showed why they need help on the D-line. Not to mention a pass rusher. I see them taking Ealy either with this pick or they could in their second round. #21
6. Last on this board is Louis Nix, I see the Chargers taking him with pick #25

You might disagree with what players I have getting drafted by their respected teams,
But I'm only on the 25th pick, barely over halfway to our #56 and I already have 6 D-lineman going off the board.

Not to mention we haven't even gotten to teams behind that
I see the Hawks (in the first round)
Pats, Bengals, Eagles, Bears, and Jags taking a D-lineman in the second round.
No trades

1.Kyle fuller
2.Stephon Tuitt
2.Jaylen Watkins
3.Cody Latimer
3.Marcus Martin
3.Devin Street
4.De'Anthony Thomas
5.Dezmen Southward
7.Dustin Vaughn
7.Quincy Enunwa
7.J.C. Copeland
UDFA:Mike Pennel,Kam Jackson,Khairi Fort,Tracy Moore,Larry Webster

I feel like I filled all the needs and added some depth and value to the roster.I would have gone into more depth about the i.e. height,weight,qualities etc. but I didn't have the time today.

No way Tuitt lasts till the beginning of the second. But fuller and him would be an awesome grab.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Three defensive players before the first offensive is not what I wish to see. The Niners' offense is playing catch-up to its defense regarding quality and production. The offense needs higher picks than the 3rd IMO. Although Latimer is an interesting player.

I think due to the depth in this draft we can do that because we can get someone like dri archer or De'Anthony Thomas in the fourth or fifth.Latimer should have stayed at school for one more year and could have been a first rounder.If we're getting him in the third.If you're getting players like this in mid to late rounds then we can wait.
Okay, my counter is that Baalke picks a balanced draft. Here's the balance shown over the five years. In only one year was there an unbalance--and that was just two more on one squad (the A. Davis/M. Iupati draft). Notice that the only year out of balance at the top is the freakishly bad AJ Jenkins draft two years ago.

6 D

5 O

FS

DE

TE

DE

WR

RB

DE

LB

QB

OL