3.Marcus Martin
3.Devin Street
4.De'Anthony Thomas
5.Dezmen Southward
7.Dustin Vaughn
7.Quincy Enunwa
7.J.C. Copeland
UDFA:Mike Pennel,Kam Jackson,Khairi Fort,Tracy Moore,Larry Webster

I feel like I filled all the needs and added some depth and value to the roster.I would have gone into more depth about the i.e. height,weight,qualities etc. but I didn't have the time today.
i would love fuller and tuitt but wont happen without a trade up.
Originally posted by 49Skunks:
i would love fuller and tuitt but wont happen without a trade up.
Fuller will last due to the depth at corner.Tuitt will fall because of his broken foot.
This isn't very realistic...

It's a good draft, but these guys won't be here
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You should post the positions they play.
I hope we can get Tuitt at the end of round 2. That would be great. I don't agree with drafting 3 WR's. I would stop with 2.
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
Fuller will last due to the depth at corner.Tuitt will fall because of his broken foot.

The only reason Tuitt isn't a first round lock is his foot which is not that serious of an injury. He's now being mocked from the mid-late first round (Ravens) to the early-mid 2nd. He will not magically fall again all the way to 56. Fuller probably won't be there at 30 and Martin will probably be gone by the late 3rd round.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I hope we can get Tuitt at the end of round 2. That would be great. I don't agree with drafting 3 WR's. I would stop with 2.

The way we develop wide receivers, we might need to draft 6 to get one who can contribute.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

The way we develop wide receivers, we might need to draft 6 to get one who can contribute.

OUCH
No issue w/CB's, although I think Desir fits more of what Baalke loves, which is size and length. As for the WR's, somehow Lattimer and Street don't really resonate. Guys like Matthews, Adams, Moncrief do. This is the draft Baalke has to find replacements for Crabtree and Boldin. Thomas would arguably be a KR. I'd take Herron over Thomas because he's 20 lbs heavier and as fast or faster.
IF Tuitt fell that be huge.

I'd go w/2 WR not 3.

I like Jallen BUT I think we can do better aat #2.
Originally posted by Murphys1:

We have been drafting in the later round and you don't get the top notch WR...Sometime you'll get lucky and hit on a Alshon Jeffery and TY Hilton...
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
The only reason Tuitt isn't a first round lock is his foot which is not that serious of an injury. He's now being mocked from the mid-late first round (Ravens) to the early-mid 2nd. He will not magically fall again all the way to 56. Fuller probably won't be there at 30 and Martin will probably be gone by the late 3rd round.

Tuitt is a first round lock

For example, Tuitt plays DT/DE
IMO the rankings for DT/DE this year are
The only guys I have going in front of Tuitt this year are
1. Jadaveon Clowney
2. Tim Jernigan
3. Kony Ealy
4. Ra'Shede Hageman
5. Aaron Donald
6. Louis Nix

The earliest we are drafting in the second is pick #56

1. Clowney is probably going within the first 5 picks (I have him going to the Raiders or Falcons) #5/6
2. Jernigan is going to the Giants (they just lost Tuck Joseph) #12
3. Steelers could pick up a D-lineman here, although they will probably go with a corner but their second pick is still before ours and they need to help on that D-line
I see them taking Aaron Donald here #15
4. Cowboys are going to take a D-lineman here, losing Ware and Hatcher leaves it exposed and they are going to bring in Ra'Shede Hageman here #16 (or they get him second round still before ours)
5. The Pack. Our playoff game against them last season showed why they need help on the D-line. Not to mention a pass rusher. I see them taking Ealy either with this pick or they could in their second round. #21
6. Last on this board is Louis Nix, I see the Chargers taking him with pick #25

You might disagree with what players I have getting drafted by their respected teams,
But I'm only on the 25th pick, barely over halfway to our #56 and I already have 6 D-lineman going off the board.

Not to mention we haven't even gotten to teams behind that
I see the Hawks (in the first round)
Pats, Bengals, Eagles, Bears, and Jags taking a D-lineman in the second round.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Apr 2, 2014 at 11:59 AM ]
Three defensive players before the first offensive is not what I wish to see. The Niners' offense is playing catch-up to its defense regarding quality and production. The offense needs higher picks than the 3rd IMO. Although Latimer is an interesting player.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
This isn't very realistic...

It's a good draft, but these guys won't be here

Would you care to tell me why