There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

how far does jarvis landry's 4.77 forty at the combine drop him in the draft?

mayock still ranks him in top5 and guys like boldin have overcome a poor forty at the combine
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
april 9th is judgment day for landry. if he runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6 at the pro day, he could go in the late 2nd rd. if he runs 4.7 again, then late 3rd to early 4th rd. i think he'll run a 4.63 at his pro day. that's my guess. he's savvy and crafty--that's his saving grace, considering his size is only average. but, similar to jerry rice, his effort level in all phases of the game will have to be very high in order to overcome his lack of suddenness and a fast top gear. to me, he will be shut down by most nfl corners if he plays outside. he just can't eat up space in big chunks. but, he'll end up thriving in the slot, with his hands and precision while moving. like a better version of edelman.
I think he goes in the 3rd round.
2nd round... He has the best hands in the draft. If he was a 4.5 guy, he'd be in discussion for the 1st round.
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 1, 2014 at 6:24 AM ]
Late second at best. Probably a third rounder
We'll see after the pro day. He reportedly pulled something at the combine and the poor time/vertical resulted from that. We'll have to see if that was the reason after his Pro Day.
Originally posted by xcfan:
april 9th is judgment day for landry. if he runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6 at the pro day, he could go in the late 2nd rd. if he runs 4.7 again, then late 3rd to early 4th rd. i think he'll run a 4.63 at his pro day. that's my guess. he's savvy and crafty--that's his saving grace, considering his size is only average. but, similar to jerry rice, his effort level in all phases of the game will have to be very high in order to overcome his lack of suddenness and a fast top gear. to me, he will be shut down by most nfl corners if he plays outside. he just can't eat up space in big chunks. but, he'll end up thriving in the slot, with his hands and precision while moving. like a better version of edelman.

looking at his and beckham's hilites, it semed landry was the slot guy and beckham lined up outside---i actually like landry's play more, though he isnt a burner
I feel like Landry will drop down to the 3rd.
I sure hope he pulled something at the combine, because 4.77 is SLOW as molasses. Especially for a guy his size.

LOl at the april fools thing. It shows that you posted what the last person posted.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 1, 2014 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I sure hope he pulled something at the combine, because 4.77 is SLOW as molasses. Especially for a guy his size.

LOl at the april fools thing. It shows that you posted what the last person posted.

I noticed that, too.. It's probably just for you, I think (or hopefully! that would make for some confusing conversations), it probably shows as normal to everyone else.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I noticed that, too.. It's probably just for you, I think (or hopefully! that would make for some confusing conversations), it probably shows as normal to everyone else.

Yeah LOL
Jarvis Landry as followup replacement for Boldin. I think that would be sweet. Draft him Baalke!
  • buck
  • Veteran
]
[ Edited by buck on Apr 1, 2014 at 10:01 AM ]
I like him but he's not what the Niners need right about now. This team is in dire need of team speed. But if he falls to the 4th round...maybe.
He's a good player, I'm not going to be disappointed if we draft him.