There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whad'ya want 'em to do?

The draft board is starting to shape up for me. Most of the prospects have been thoroughly vetted, and I have a pretty good idea whom I like and whom I don't. So what do you want the Niners to do?

Trade up for someone specific?
Take the best CB on the board?
Trade down?

I want 'em to trade down. I hope they pick up an extra 1st rounder in 2015. Trade the 30th for a 1st in 2015 and a late 2nd / early 3rd. There are very few prospects I think will be available whom I view as significantly superior to the players who should be around in the late 2nd or early 3rd. Justin Gilbert & Brandin Cooks are 2 of those guys, but I think they'll both be long gone before 30.

I like guys like Roby, Fuller & Verrett, but neither one is exactly a flawless prospect. And are they a ton better than guys like Jaylen Watkins, Lamarcus Joyner, Marcus Roberson, EJ Gaines & so on? (I don't like Dennard by the way)
I really like Matthews, but is he that much better of a prospect than Moncrief?

I only like spending a 1st on a guy if I feel really, really good about him. And I don't feel great about any of the players I think will be available at 30. That's why I want 'em to trade down.

What say you?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trade up if someone is lerking in the early to mid 20's. I don't not want to trade down. We have enough picks already.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:
Trade up if someone is lerking in the early to mid 20's. I don't not want to trade down. We have enough picks already.

Trading back from 30 into the top of the 2nd can net us more chips to move up with other picks making it easier to target certain players we covet or we could acquire some 2015 picks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Trading back from 30 into the top of the 2nd can net us more chips to move up with other picks making it easier to target certain players we covet or we could acquire some 2015 picks.

If no one is there at #30, then I could go for a trade down to the early 2nd. But, only if we can't trade up.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 31, 2014 at 2:37 PM ]
I love players like Tuitt & Verrett, but both of these players might drop due to injuries.

I like Fuller, but how is he going to do in press coverage? He plays like 10 yards off the WR like every single play. He's a stay back & react guy. It's not a bad thing, but it is a question I'm not sure I'd prefer to have w/ a guy taken 30th overall.

One guy I would consider taking at 30 is Louis Nix. He's about as safe a pick as anybody in this draft.
I like the idea of stashing a pick or two for next year. We have serious riches for this year, let's invest a couple of them into next year, say a 2nd for a 1st next year and a 4th for a 3rd next year.

Then sort us a receiver and some DB's!
Trade up
Just because we have been known for our strong OL and LBs I want to ensure we stay dominant at those positions with BPA or devopment picks. Yes we need dB's and a wr. Overall if we can have three or four draft picks(including Lattimore and Tank) crack our starting roster and contribute we will have done very well.
I'd trade up for Justin Gilbert in a heart beat!
Wouldn't mind trading up a bit for Calvin Pryor or OBjr

I'm open to trading back and going purely BPA and then trading up in the late 2nd early 3rd with our 4-7th rounders!
Trade up…a move into the top 10 is very possible. I'm thinking Watkins, Gilbert or Evans
Originally posted by irishluder:
I'd trade up for Justin Gilbert in a heart beat!

You realze it'd probably take the 30 & both 2nd rounders to move up for Gilbert right? (not that I'm opposed to the idea)

Gilbert VS 3 guys like Fuller, Marcus Martin and Donte Moncrief. Which would help the team more?
With a little moving around, we should net Fuller, Verrett and Moncrief with the first 3 picks. With some aggressiveness, we might be able to get Gilbert, Fuller or Verrett and Moncrief.
Draft Tuitt at 30 and trade up early in the 2nd for Verrett or vice versa. Grab Moncrief with the other 2nd round pick.
Trade up for Dennard
I like trading back.

I like stashing 1-3 guys on PUP for next year for them to learn the playbooks and get healthy.. Long, Millard, Easley, Colvin?

I Like getting future picks. If we can get another 1st or and for next year, that's be great.

Since only a small amount will make the roster get the best and stash the rest.