LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

LMJeff's FIRST Mock

It's a good draft in terms of getting what we need...
I just don't think Joyner/Matthews/ or Watkins will be there at those picks.

I don't see Matthews making it past the second round. Lots of teams are drafting DB this year, and I doubt Watkins will go that low.
Joyner would be awesome as well, but there is no way we get him with our 2nd round pick.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:

I don't see Matthews making it past the second round. Lots of teams are drafting DB this year, and I doubt Watkins will go that low.
Joyner would be awesome as well, but there is no way we get him with our 2nd round pick.

I don't see Matthews making it past the 2nd round, either, which is why i have us taking him with our second 2nd round selection (#61). With Joyner, you might be right that he may not be available by then, but his stock did take a hit after his combine and with the trend moving towards bigger DBs, he may just be there when we pick. Jaylen Watkins is a toss up. before the combine, he was considered a late 4th round value, but after outperforming Roberson and Purifoy in the offseason, he has made his way up. I still think he'll be there for us with our second 3rd round selection.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

I don't see Matthews making it past the 2nd round, either, which is why i have us taking him with our second 2nd round selection (#61). With Joyner, you might be right that he may not be available by then, but his stock did take a hit after his combine and with the trend moving towards bigger DBs, he may just be there when we pick. Jaylen Watkins is a toss up. before the combine, he was considered a late 4th round value, but after outperforming Roberson and Purifoy in the offseason, he has made his way up. I still think he'll be there for us with our second 3rd round selection.

I kind of agree with Quest, I'm not sure Fuller, Mathews, Joyner, or Watkins will fall that far.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I kind of agree with Quest, I'm not sure Fuller, Mathews, Joyner, or Watkins will fall that far.

You think Fuller will get selected earlier in the 1st?

Where do you feel they will be selected?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Thanks for the mock.
You think Fuller will get selected earlier in the 1st?

Where do you feel they will be selected?

He seems to be the guy getting a lot of hype now and climbing mock drafts all over the place. Obviously mock drafts don't dictate sh*t but still...

Doing a mock on another forum and steelers owner took him with Dennard still on the board.
Originally posted by genus49:
He seems to be the guy getting a lot of hype now and climbing mock drafts all over the place. Obviously mock drafts don't dictate sh*t but still...

Doing a mock on another forum and steelers owner took him with Dennard still on the board.

if Dennard was still on the board at 30, i'd be jumping for joy

if Dennard was still on the board at 30, i'd be jumping for joy

I tried to move up to get him...nobody bit. Ended up taking Roby who I'm not a huge fan of but I'd be hopeful if he was the pick the coaches would work to put his athletic ability to good use.
I'll take it.

I should have specified.
I think Matthews will go early second round if not first, I have him going to the Rams in round 2... If he is there at the end of the second round that would be great.

If Dennard fall to 16 we move up.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Hell yea
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Dennard's near the top of the list of players I think might be busts. I'm not nearly as impressed with him as most people.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Dennard's near the top of the list of players I think might be busts. I'm not nearly as impressed with him as most people.

Care to explain why?
You kind of lost me with the last 3rd round pick on, Would prefer Barrow at ILB.

I don't see room on the roster for 2 OL's in this draft.

The 7th rd picks are mostly a waste and won't make the team and will probably get nabbed up by other teams before we could stash them on the practice squad.

Up to the point of the last 3rd rd pick I love the mock and hope we get that lucky.
Share 49ersWebzone