LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

pre draft visits

Love these RBs they keep bringing in for pre-draft visits from schools I've never even heard of LOL.
If I recall correctly, they drafted many last year that were not given invites. Baalke makes it tough to read the tea leaves.
Some notes on guys they are bringing in:

Lawrence will probably be a late-first, early second, and I think the team is simply doing due dilligence. His team suspensions should be a concern for the franchise, and I just don't see it happening.

Breeland is a long, athletic CB. Probably a late second, early third CB.

West is probably a late third, early fourth rounder. Not sure the team wants to pick up an RB that early.

Bryant has second rounder all over him. Simply too tall and fast for teams to skip over.

Colvin probably looking at fifth round on, simply due to the injury. Knocks him down a bit.

Preston Brown is a two-down thumper at ILB. Sixth rounder is about the area he will go. Might sneak into the fifth.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
why on earth are we visiting with seantrel henderson?? the guy's a stone-cold loser
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OldJoe:
If I recall correctly, they drafted many last year that were not given invites. Baalke makes it tough to read the tea leaves.

When you have so many picks you will almost never have a draft of 100% players hosted.

Last season we drafted or signed as UDFAs 6 players of 37 that we hosted, spoke with at a pro-day or had private workouts with. It it was a comparable # the year before, don't recall how 2011's draft went.
If we can trade James before or on draft day I think there is a very strong chance we take mid to late round rb like Storm Johnson or maybe even Trey Millard to be 4th RB/backup FB. Probably going to be looking for a bigger guy who can play ST/short yardage.
Former USC DE Morgan Breslin (Las Lomas High, Walnut Creek) will participate at the #49ers local pro day next week, per source
Former Boise State quarterback Joe Southwick (San Ramon Valley High-Danville) will participate at the #49ers local pro day next week.
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=stanford-football&id=10448&src=desktop

14 Stanford players including Shayne Skov, Trent Murphy
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/4/20/5630806/49ers-met-with-paul-richardson-on-tuesday-per-matt-barrows

49ers host Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz http://t.co/0BYv5XtCYS #NinersNation
Who are those guys?

Per @caplannfl, defensive linemen Stephon Tuitt and Aaron Lynch visited the 49ers on Tuesday http://t.co/8p2BDHgLvq
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Maiocco updated with this:

Quarterbacks
--Jimmy Garoppolo (Eastern Illinois): Coach Jim Harbaugh attended pro day and conducted private workout, March 4.
--Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech): Harbaugh attended pro day, March 19.
--Derek Carr (Fresno State): Harbaugh said he plans to attend private workout.
--David Fales (San Jose State): Harbaugh said he plans to attend private workout.

Running backs
--Storm Johnson (Central Florida): Private visit, scheduled for April 14 (Bleacher Report).

Wide receivers
--Mike Evans (Texas A&M): Met with 49ers at his pro day, March 5.
--Kain Colter (Northwestern): Spoke at length to 49ers at pro day, March 4.
--Kelvin Benjamin (Florida State): GM Trent Baalke attended pro day, March 19.
--Albert Wilson (Georgia State): Private visit, scheduled for April 14.
--Odell Beckham (LSU): Met with 49ers prior to pro day, April 9.

Offensive line
--OT Matt Patchan (Boston College): Private visit, scheduled for April 14 (Tampa Bay Times).

Defensive line
--Taylor Hart (Oregon): Met with 49ers at his pro day, March 13.
--Timmy Jernigan (Florida State): Baalke attended pro day, March 19.
--Dominique Easley (Florida): Baalke attended pro day, March 17.

Cornerbacks
--Kyle Fuller (Virginia Tech): Harbaugh attended pro day, March 19.
--Bashaud Breeland (Clemson): Baalke had dinner with him after pro day, March 6 (Draft Insider).
--Marcus Roberson (Florida): Baalke attended pro day, March 17.
--Loucheiz Purifoy (Florida): Baalke attended pro day, March 17.
--Jaylen Watkins (Florida): Baalke attended pro day, March 17.
--Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Nebraska): Interview at NFL Scouting Combine (BSN).

Safeties
--Calvin Pryor (Louisville): Formal interview with Harbaugh and secondary coach Ed Donatell at NFL Scouting Combine.
--Marqueston Huff (Wyoming): Formal interview at Combine (BSN).

Kicker
--Jarod Brown (Old Dominion): 49ers worked him out at pro day, March 19 (Baltimore Sun).

The problem I have with the inclusion of these players that simply have "Baalke in attendance" makes me say then why isn't Sammy Watkins on the list because "Baalke was at the pro day".

He basically has all 3 major Florida defensive players listed for that reason. So why not include Watkins, especially given that we actually spoke to another top 5-10 WR in Mike Evans.

I guess it has worked out in some fashion because Easley said we're one of the teams he spoke to.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
49ers host Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz http://t.co/0BYv5XtCYS #NinersNation

One of the more underrated players coming out, yet he's garnering a ton of attention from teams. IMO, he probably the 3rd best TE in this group behind Ebron and SJE. If draft him over Amaro without hesitation.
Share 49ersWebzone