There are 228 users in the forums

pre draft visits

Georgia State wide receiver Albert Wilson will visit the 49ers and Buccaneers.. http://t.co/fvM2f2enSI #49ers #NFL

Kid has been under the radar but had a good combine
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Georgia State wide receiver Albert Wilson will visit the 49ers and Buccaneers.. http://t.co/fvM2f2enSI #49ers #NFL

Kid has been under the radar but had a good combine

Smaller, slot type receiver but well built with good athleticism. Just more evidence that the 49ers recognize that they really need a major infusion of speed on offense. Wilson also can return kicks.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM ]
I love his speed, I just wish he had Landry's hands
He's really fast, but does't have great quickness and isn't sudden in and out of his breaks.
Hands are questionable but you can take a flyer in the later rounds imo
Probably an undrafted free agent candidate
meh
#49ers GM Trent Baalke had dinner with Clemson CB Bashaud Breeland after his Pro Day via @NinerFans
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather look for someone else.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
#49ers GM Trent Baalke had dinner with Clemson CB Bashaud Breeland after his Pro Day via @NinerFans

Good eye Phoenix49ers! He made a thread about this kid a while back.

He must have a lot of horsepower in his top gear to run a 4.43 40 with a 1.59 10 yard split.
Probably a stellar performer in the fabled "flying 20."

Baalke was just hitting him up for intel on Watkins, 49ers fitting to trade up, we're all gonna make it bro's!

Or possibly, the 49ers are interested in Breeland because he's a physical, tough cornerback with flaws that can be largely coached up. A very all-round solid cornerback prospect.

Scouts Inc profile of Breeland.

Instincts/Recognition-2-Above-average awareness in zone coverage and shows good eyes keying the quarterback. Average to slightly above-average anticipation in man coverage. Will gamble on occasion and is susceptible to double moves. Makes a quick diagnosis in run support. Confident in his abilities and shows the short term memory to bounce back from mistake.

Cover Skills-2-Flexible and fluid athlete for a taller corner with above-average range. Lacks elite explosiveness out of breaks but makes smooth transition out of breaks. Most effective in press technique and uses length well to disrupt release. Closing burst and recovery speed is average to slightly above-average.

Ball Skills-2-Adequate playmaking instincts. Tracks and plays the ball well with above-average body control length, and range. Natural hands but can do a better job of high pointing the ball at times to maximize length. Flashes ability to create after the catch.

Run Support-2-Aggressive and hard edge setter. Attacks blockers and willing to lay body on the line. Long arms give him above-average range as a tackler. Must learn to breakdown and be more under control in the open field at times.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Isn't there usually a list of players that will be coming in?
Haven't seen video on him Phoenix I'll be sure to check it out
A good FA or 7th round guy. But thats all I see in him. We already have Chuck jacobs waiting in the wings.
Share 49ersWebzone