There are 176 users in the forums

Bigwads 2014 Mock 1.0

Nice work bigwads on your draft!
Yeah, part of me thinks Baalke would jump on Tuitt or a guy he can see replacing Ray Mac. He has 11 picks to work with...maybe one or two will be red-shirted like he did w/Carradine and Marquardt. The WR's and CB's are priority...so mocks advocating trading up (giving up 3 picks in the process) just don't compute. I think if Baalke comes out of the draft w/2 ea WR's and CB's, a S, DL, LB and possibly an OL, he'll call it good. He has lots of options, which is good. I think he has to get the CB's and WR's...if he can sneak a good DL & LB in somewhere, more power to him.
Many on the thread support the OP's draft of waiting for #100 to draft offense. First, Baalke's drafts have always been balanced, offense vs. defense. Second, the Niners' offense is (way) behind the defense in production. Near last in passing. Not until #100? Two offensive overall? Loading up on defense, when no more than 11 can play at a time, isn't my idea of a good time.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Apr 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream the pants if Fuller fell to us at #30.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Many on the thread support the OP's draft of waiting for #100 to draft offense. First, Baalke's drafts have always been balanced, offense vs. defense. Second, the Niners' offense is (way) behind the defense in production. Near last in passing. Not until #100? Two offensive overall? Loading up on defense, when no more than 11 can play at a time, isn't my idea of a good time.

Although, my mock disagrees with you, I think your take is very legitimate and sound.

I too can see baalke going big on offense in this draft with two higher picks on wr's and perhaps even a rb.

With the pro offense rule changes and Kap turning into the focus of the offense (which needs to happen) having three stellar wr's is very tempting.
Share 49ersWebzone