LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

2014 MORE vital than 2013?

With six picks within first 100 in a draft described as the best in 20 years, I would argue this draft is vital to the sustained success of the niners.
I thought 2013 was huge but argue this draft is more vital and will determine the success of the team moving forward.

Ballke needs to have a great, not average, draft. To enable signing deals with core players there needs to be young cheap talent to insert as starters.
I think a minimum of 3 starter calibur talent must be added at positions:
CB
WR

Starters at WR's and CB's are a must. There is nothing behind Bolding and Crabtree the projects as 1's or 2's with Patton a solid 3.
Brock and Reid are two young above average players but there is a urgent need for starter calibur CB's to replace Wright, Cox, and probably Culliver now.
I definitely think CB & WR are vital.
we fixed the trenches the last few years, this year we get to have a "sexy" draft. WRs, DBs and maybe another badass MLB to play til Bowman comes back and groom for the future
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we fixed the trenches the last few years, this year we get to have a "sexy" draft. WRs, DBs and maybe another badass MLB to play til Bowman comes back and groom for the future

With so many picks the 49ers can afford to go after a top DL or OL in the 1st 3 rounds but you are right. The CB and WR positions are key. We need young talent at those positions we can count on for years to come. We have to have a good draft especially at those positions. It will be interesting to see how the 49ers draft this year, more so than any draft in over a decade.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
To stay competitive every draft is vital. But I know where you coming from.
Share 49ersWebzone