a definite now..??

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well it's a definite:

Justin Gilbert
Darqueze Dennard
Kyle Fuller
Jason Verrett

Anyone of these CB's will do.....I just want one!!!!.....two would be frickin amazing and could give a sh!t if Culliver is suspended for the year.

Verrett and Fuller and call it a draft.

If not those two then give me Verrett and Breeland, or Fuller and Joyner, or Fuller and Desir, or Verrett and Desir, or Fuller and Watkins, or Verrett, Watkins and Colvin(IR). BOOM.

as for Verrett..is he more then just nickel back that I see him as..can he handle NFL Wrs outside..i see him as covering the slot and being very great at it..
Man Chris Culliver is an idiot for real this kid has loads of talent LOOOOADS but he can't stay out trouble!!!!
I like a lot of the thoughts in this thread. Certainly the notion of us going WR early is now out the window.

Fact of the matter is someone is going to slip. I hope our plan is fluid and we can capitalize on that slipping talent, be it tuitt, Dennard or Gilbert. May be trading up or holding at 30 but it's got to be fluid this year and not a sealed envelope from the gun.
trade up??
Well it's a definite:

Justin Gilbert
Darqueze Dennard
Kyle Fuller
Jason Verrett

Anyone of these CB's will do.....I just want one!!!!.....two would be frickin amazing and could give a sh!t if Culliver is suspended for the year.

Damn Gilbert would be sweet
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well it's a definite:

Justin Gilbert
Darqueze Dennard
Kyle Fuller
Jason Verrett

Verrett and Fuller and call it a draft.

If not those two then give me Verrett and Breeland, or Fuller and Joyner, or Fuller and Desir, or Verrett and Desir, or Fuller and Watkins, or Verrett, Watkins and Colvin(IR). BOOM.

A scenario with Fuller and Verrett seems very realistic IMO....cause anything is possible in the draft!!!

Scenario #1 - 49ers stand firm with the 30th pick and take Kyle Fuller, somehow Verrett slides due to his height (somewhat very unlikely), 9ers trade up to the top of the 2nd round and take Verrett!!!!

Scenario #2 - 49ers trade up to the 20th pick and take Kyle Fuller (dudes stock is rising like crazy), 49ers then trade back into the 1st round and take Jason Verrett!!!!

So many possibilities Baalke can strengthen or revamp the secondary with this draft, it's just crazy....will we (fans) see a 1981 secondary reborn??!!!!!!

I've seen so many bag on Chris Cook (myself included), he reminds me kind of like Dwight Hicks who didn't seem to have a chance to start on a team till the 9ers picked him up. Of course expectations weren't as high as Cooks was, but a change of scenery did him some good and hopefully it will for Cook too.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Varrett is too small to play on the outside. He's better suited to cover the slot. Fuller is the one they should be targeting.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 29, 2014 at 12:59 AM ]
CB it is. The Webzone WR dream is over. I could see us go like this.

1) CB
2A) CB
2B) Safety, D Line, WR, O Line or CB again.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1) CB
2A) CB

SanDeigo, I think they'll still go CB, WR, CB.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1) CB
2A) CB

SanDeigo, I think they'll still go CB, WR, CB.

Maybe. But like you I think they go CB 2 out of the first 3 picks. 2 times we will pick CB in the top 64 picks IMO.

Gilbert is projected to go to Detroit at #10 and Dennard at 15 to Pitt by most pundits. So the niners are gonna need to give up a lot to get one of the two. Question is do you take a chance and give up that many picks on one player? Carlos Rogers was a top 10 pick and he was a decent player but nothing special. Like most, I too think we will need to definately draft two CBs now. Also Verret and Fuller are expected to go before the niners pick. I say pick Varret, although small, he is tenacious and doesn't let the wr get his hands on the ball easily, alway fighting to rip it out and always on the opponents hip-his biggest issue will be durability. The second DB I think should be picked in possibly the 3rd is EJ Gaines, a lot of people like the wr Evans and he is projected to go to the rams, Gaines pretty much shut him down when they met.

Tuitt is gonna have to learn the system and battle for starting time-also Fangio prefers experience guys over rookies and unless they have no choice like reid, Tuittis not going to get much chances to make an impact.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
im ok with that but I really think they will trade up for Gilbert..and say he slid to umm 14 it would cost us our 1st titans 3rd and say our 5th..bc didn't it only cost us our 1st and a top 10 3rd RD pick ( unsure whos pick it was ) last year to move up from 31 to 18..? give me Gilbert who will start opposite Brock day 1 and we take another CB in the 3rd..

49ers basically ripped off the Cowboys, realistically that move up should have cost the 49ers their 1st and a late 2nd round. If you want to move up to 15, it'll cost the 49ers exactly that.

it was real so idk what you mean realistically..the cowboys have a chart saying what every pick is worth so idk how they would just let us rip them off..but ok..

When they made that move, a lot of people were surprised, Jones won't admit it, but the people they wanted were taken and so they wanted out of their cause their was no one they wanted to take with that pick. They panicked. yes they have thier own chart. But they did give it up cheaper than most would.
Deleted-double post
[ Edited by WildBill on Mar 29, 2014 at 3:12 AM ]
Last year we got the cowboys pick a 18 for a first and third, but if you look at the most common value chart, it should have been a second rounder. You want to get up hight to get dennard or gilbert itll take 1 and both twos to guarentee getting them.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Last year we got the cowboys pick a 18 for a first and third, but if you look at the most common value chart, it should have been a second rounder. You want to get up hight to get dennard or gilbert itll take 1 and both twos to guarentee getting them.

That won't happen. Too much.
Share 49ersWebzone