There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ideal Mock: EDITED for "realistic picks"

insane draft!! man i'd love that. maybe throw a qb in there
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its either or as far as CB Fuller and DE Tuitt. I just cannot see how both these guys will be there at #30 and #56. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE IT IF THEY WERE!!!!

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
By far my favorite mock so far. Unbelievable. I would love it if it would pan out like that. Hopefully both Fuller and Tuitt fall that far.

I think Fuller will fall that far
I agree, I don't think Tuitt will be there when our 2nd round pick comes...
But I do believe that if he falls out of the first round, Baalke will trade up for him

Personally I'd throw a 1st round pick next year for Tuitt if he does, but we will see... Thats why I'm an armchair GM and Baalke gets paid the big bucks

I like Tuitt a lot also but I would be shocked if we traded next years 1st round pick to trade up & get him in the 2nd round. First I doubt that would be the correct value in terms of the chart or draft points (whatever the eff it's called) second, TB really values draft picks, DE isn't a need this year and we're not going to mortgage the future for one.
  • pfizz
while i like the draft another thing stood out to me: entire draft doesnt address the need for a inside cornerback.
[ Edited by pfizz on Mar 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM ]
It's a very good draft, but unfortunately I don't think it's realistic.
I've never actually done a full mock draft, this is my first
Criticism welcome!

Also, I used fanspeak as a reference point to see when some of these guys would get drafted
Hopefully we can gem em!

edit: I think Fuller will be here at our 1st pick
For Tuitt, I see him slipping out of the 1st, if he is there come second round I think Baalke will trade up for him (future picks/pick+LMJ) who knows maybe wishful thinking

First up,

Kyle Fuller- CB- Virginia Tech

I like his size, speed, and the way he closes in on the ball. Great run support, reads plays very quickly and has no problem shedding blockers. Needs to work on his tackling a little bit more, form tends to slip up.
Overall I think he would benefit tremendously playing behind Brock and Culliver in a nickel package, has the natural instincts to perform at this level and has a 39 inch vertical to cover any deep ball passes. Out of all the corners we could take late 1st round, I think Fuller would be the best fit for us.

Stephon Tuitt- DE- Notre Dame

Justin Smith will be 35 years old starting next season. Ray Ray isn't getting any older, and if things with Dial and Carradine don't pan out we will be in a world of hurt on our D-line. Tuitt is 6'6 300+lbs and is an amazing athlete for his size. Plays with an unexpected combination of speed and power for his frame, and makes offensive lineman look like ragdolls. I looked on the combine website to see what they didn't like about him, his only gripes that stood out to me were that he could develop pass rush moves (still had 12 sacks) and needed to play with more violence. Put this man in the NFC championship in Seattle and lets see how violent he gets.

Donte Moncrief- WR- Mississippi

Crabtree is a FA next year. Don't forget Crabs is the same WR who held out on us over his rookie contract. I have a feeling he is going to demand a lot of money comes FA if he performs (which i am hoping he does). IMO, if Moncrief can develop (fingers crossed with how we develop WR) I think he would be a great person to fill in for Crabs. Not to mention he is 6'2 220 and runs a 4.40. A lot of fellow posters on here also have a thing for Moncrief, would be a solid pick if we can get him at the right time. A faster, bigger Crabtree with the ability to stretch a field and demand attention from any secondary.

Travis Swanson- C- Arkansas

This pick here may be a little biased on my part, as I have never been a fan of Goodwin. Swanson isn't the guy that I think is going to come in right away and play. I've watched a couple games of his this season and the only thing he needs to work on (size and strength) are things we can coach. Very intelligent and aware blocker with the ability to seal off opposing DT. One of the reasons prefer him to most centers is he is probably the best combo blocking center we'll be able to get. If he can add about 10-15 pounds, he'll be perfect next season.

Craig Lotson- SS- LSU

My favorite safeties are Ronnie Lott, and Dashon Goldson. In no way, shape, or form am I comparing any of these safeties... But I will say one thing they do have in common is they could all deliver a blow. Lotson is a player who opposing WR get alligator arms from, I've seen this guy blow up RBs and WR time and time again. He is that ball-hawking safety that I want on my team. VERY good at providing run support, as well as covering the flats. Could take a year learning from Bethea, his deep ball coverage isn't the greatest, but all the tools are there for him to learn. Probably one of the scrappiest players in this draft.

Brandon Coleman- WR- Rutgers

I might get some backlash on this pick, as I expect it. But I think Coleman has the potential to help increase our red zone %. He is 6'6 about 230lbs and plays like it, at the combine he ran a 4.5 but I have seen him burn opposing secondaries all season long. Great hands, can jump through the roof, and for how large his frame is he has excellent body control. Very good run blocker, I've thought about him switching to a TE in our offense and I think he and Vernon would prove to be a very tough match up for opposing defenses. Can you say mismatch?

Lamin Barrow- ILB-LSU

I really like that the NFL combine and fanspeak project him this late. I think he is one of the most underrated players in this draft and has a high ceiling that should put him ahead of other fellow ILBs in front of him. Also, with Bowman being out, I'm praying nothing happens to Willis.
Anyways, Barrow is an athletic ILB who's only issue are his size and awareness (doesn't read plays as well as some ILB, not horrible but could use some work). Don't know if many of you remember but Bowman had the same knock about his size coming out of the combine. At 6'1 232lbs I think he will do just fine after an off season with an NFL team. The ceiling is high for this player, and taking a couple seasons learning behind Willis and Bowman should shape him into an excellent ILB when the time comes.

Dri Archer- RB/WR- Kent State

I'm sure many of you know who this is. Ran a 4.26 and has the playmaking ability that Harbaugh wants. (http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/6169/harbaugh-explains-need-for-third-wr)
Would cover our kick returns and punt returns and I think could prove to be an effective check-down that Roman should install in our offense. I imagine him as a Sproles type player, I don't think Roman would use him as such... But with the speed and athleticism he brings to the table he allows Roman to expand our offense.
Harbaugh talks about a player who can "attack all areas of the field, be an explosive playmaker", well IMO this is that guy.

Shaquille Richardson- CB-Arizone
An under-rated corner with good size coming out of Arizona. Coming out this late in the draft is almost a death sentence for any corner, but this guys draft stock has been rising over the past couple weeks and it is for good reason. Big physical corner that pushes WR to the outside and has the speed to cover them. Also great help with run support, but if he is going to excel or make our team he is going to need to stay healthy and work on his play recognition. Bites very hard on PA.

Colt Lyerla- TE- Oregon

Yes, yes, he is nuts, has off field issues, is a quitter, and a drug user. But lets be honest, with the ceiling and talent this kid possesses, and his projected round in this draft, it would be STUPID if we didn't give him a chance. Is one of the most agile, fastest, and athletic player in this draft. Against Arizona last year he was used as a running back and did not fail to impress. Has great hands and is very quick for his frame (6'5 250lbs).
I was not impressed with McDonald this year, I think we need somebody similar more towards VD, this is as close as we are going to get. Like I said, the talent this kid has is good enough to put him in the 1-2 round, if we can control his off field issues he will be amazing.

Top to bottom, this is a perfect, although unrealistic draft. It's perfect because it hits on practically every need and is a great infusion of talent. I think we should come out of this draft with 4 to 5 potential starters and this mock does that, but as others have mentioned there is no way we get Tuitt at 56. I do like the idea of taking Tuitt at 30 and drafting the best CB available at 56. There will be some great talent out there in the second that can cover the smaller, quicker receivers, especially the ones we will face in our division. I'm all on board with having a steady flow of DEs that we can consistently rotate (Smith, McDonald, Carradine, Tuitt, and TJE), which will leave Dial to work exclusively at NT and back up at DE only in the case of injury.

I like going after some ILB depth because we don't know what Bowman will look like and will be totally screwed if Willis has any type of injury. I'm also on board with drafting Dri Archer, however, if we bring him aboard, doesn't that make LaMichael James expendable? He seems to only get a few carries every couple of games and his primary role is kick returner. Even though Archer is small, I think he can handle a limited number of carries per season and can be worked in as more of a slot back, similar to how the Saints used Reggie Bush, and of course, take over returner duties. Packaging LaMichael James with our 2nd could also potentially allow us to move in a position to get Tuitt if he makes it out of the first.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Top to bottom, this is a perfect, although unrealistic draft. It's perfect because it hits on practically every need and is a great infusion of talent. I think we should come out of this draft with 4 to 5 potential starters and this mock does that, but as others have mentioned there is no way we get Tuitt at 56. I do like the idea of taking Tuitt at 30 and drafting the best CB available at 56. There will be some great talent out there in the second that can cover the smaller, quicker receivers, especially the ones we will face in our division. I'm all on board with having a steady flow of DEs that we can consistently rotate (Smith, McDonald, Carradine, Tuitt, and TJE), which will leave Dial to work exclusively at NT and back up at DE only in the case of injury.

I like going after some ILB depth because we don't know what Bowman will look like and will be totally screwed if Willis has any type of injury. I'm also on board with drafting Dri Archer, however, if we bring him aboard, doesn't that make LaMichael James expendable? He seems to only get a few carries every couple of games and his primary role is kick returner. Even though Archer is small, I think he can handle a limited number of carries per season and can be worked in as more of a slot back, similar to how the Saints used Reggie Bush, and of course, take over returner duties. Packaging LaMichael James with our 2nd could also potentially allow us to move in a position to get Tuitt if he makes it out of the first.

I'm going to re-do this, partially because some of it is unrealistic
And Culliver is an idiot

Stay tuned
GIving our future 1sts and 2nds for the next 3 years and trading all our 3rds, 4th, 5th and 7ths. Putting it all into the the super bowl this year.

WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON

OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN

CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
MICHIGAN STATE

WR BRANDIN COOKS
OREGON STATE

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

S JIMMIE WARD
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE

QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS

CB PIERRE DESIR
LINDENWOOD
Lol i like the ideas ^

I don't think Baalke is a fan of trading away high future draft picks though
I edited this for more accuracy,
I'm done. This stuff gives me a headache lol
Originally posted by juycho:
GIving our future 1sts and 2nds for the next 3 years and trading all our 3rds, 4th, 5th and 7ths. Putting it all into the the super bowl this year.

WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON

OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN

CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
MICHIGAN STATE

WR BRANDIN COOKS
OREGON STATE

DE STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

S JIMMIE WARD
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES
FLORIDA STATE

QB JIMMY GAROPPOLO
EASTERN ILLINOIS

CB PIERRE DESIR
LINDENWOOD

WTF playing madden way to much i see ....
I edited this for more accuracy,
I'm done. This stuff gives me a headache lol

I liked the first one, I like this one a lot too, good job.
Red zone is not a reciever problem... boldin is a red zone guy. So is Vernon lol. Only reciever we need are fast ones. People don't get it. One that are agile. Double move to burn the big cb's. Big reciever won't help us at all. Get a big one late in the draft if it's really that important. Moncrief I don't see doing any burning on a sherman just sayin. Sherman would light him up at line of scrimmage.
Originally posted by fan49:
Red zone is not a reciever problem... boldin is a red zone guy. So is Vernon lol. Only reciever we need are fast ones. People don't get it. One that are agile. Double move to burn the big cb's. Big reciever won't help us at all. Get a big one late in the draft if it's really that important. Moncrief I don't see doing any burning on a sherman just sayin. Sherman would light him up at line of scrimmage.

You need to watch some Brandon Coleman tape.

As I posted before, keep in mind this guy averaged a TD for every 5 receptions over the span of 3 seasons.
That is an amazing stat.
Lets pray we get this lucky and the 49ers draft works out this way.
Really nice job on this mock