There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Short Mock Draft no trades

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
And a RB to become our workhorse is a definite need for this team, based on how it operates. Anyone that's 100% confident in Lattimore shouldn't be

Mason EASILY becomes the best RB on our roster if we draft him. On a team with little holes, how is this a bad idea?

The truth is we don't desperately need a workhorse RB. Both Hunter and James average over 4 1/2 yds per carry. They can easily handle 10 carries each. That's 20 carries between them. Gore can handle as many as we need him to and there is a good chance Lattimore can add to that as well. We can wait till next year and Gore retires to get another RB.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
The truth is we don't desperately need a workhorse RB. Both Hunter and James average over 4 1/2 yds per carry. They can easily handle 10 carries each. That's 20 carries between them. Gore can handle as many as we need him to and there is a good chance Lattimore can add to that as well. We can wait till next year and Gore retires to get another RB.

valid point, and really I just wanted to throw in a curveball with so many picks.

Although--- I just really like mason... kinda like I liked doug martin 2 years ago... what would a 1500 yard back look like on this offense? I don't think that back exists on our roster anymore. Mason's gonna be a stud
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Mar 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

valid point, and really I just wanted to throw in a curveball with so many picks.

Although--- I just really like mason... kinda like I liked doug martin 2 years ago... what would a 1500 yard back look like on this offense? I don't think that back exists on our roster anymore. Mason's gonna be a stud

If Lattimore plays as well as he is capable of playing we may see some of that from him this year. If not we will see the 49ers go after a back in next years draft. There is a possibility the 49ers trade Hunter (last year of his contract) and draft a RB this year but he would be standing in line for carries behind Gore, James and Lattimore and might not even suit up. Even if he is a good runner he probably has to develop pass protection and blitz pick up abilities that would keep him on the bench a lot.
We need a Ty Hilton type reciever period. That's it for reciever nothing else would help us this Year At wr.
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM ]