There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Short Mock Draft no trades

I used Maddog's rankings cause I trust him more than myself. I personally think Baalke will move around, and I'm all for wheeling around the 2nd-3rd rounds for people that fall unexpectedly. Since we have 6 picks in the top 100, why not take some chances?

# 30 Jordan Matthews WR: Fills a need, and I think he'll be sitting there. Can do a lot worse than pick a guy who was incredibly productive in a tough conference

#56 Tre Mason RB: Curveball!! I know what you're thinking, but we're about to give Kap lots of money. Let's put some ballers behind him. A trio of Mason, Lattimore and Hunter would be very, very nice after this year. If you've seen Mason play, then you know he's the kind of RB Harbaugh loves. A workhorse with natural moves.

#61 Stanley Jean-Baptist CB: I personally don't think we're as bad at CB as some other people. Long CB comes in to compete with the rest.

#77 Deone Buchanon S: We can groom him behind Bethae and get ready to start him in 2015

#94 Weston Richburg C: I have confidence in our new starting center. But what I really want to do is provide more depth and fire snyder

#100 Logan Thomas QB: The way that the Niners gain and move assets, it would not surprise me to see this comp pick end up as Harbaugh's pet project. Imagine what we could gain by having a stud backup. First, injury protection for Colin. Second, we could trade him for picks or third we keep him and trade Kap when his next contract balloons at the end. Either way, if Harbaugh really is a QB whisperer, he should always have a project. 6'6" and 250... sounds like good project material to me.

NOTES: I would love for the team to draft 2 WRs this year but I'm not sure we have the room to fit 2. Also, Baalke is sure to move around, so either way, the draft can't get here soon enough!!!
RB is round 2 is just an awful idea. I like SJB at 61 and Buchanon at 77, we would be insane to wait till 61 to address our biggest need, the secondary though.
Possession receiver is not a need. We have 3 of them already (Patton is not a field stretcher or real quick slot guy). We could do a lot better than a 2nd round prospect whose skill set is a bit redundant in our offense at 30. Sure, he can be a replacement for Boldin or Crabtree, but we can just as easily find a replacement in a future draft or develop a later round pick.

RB is not a need right now and hopefully won't be for awhile with Lattimore, Hunter, and James behind Gore. If there isn't incredible value (Hyde) at 56, I can't see us taking a RB that early. Even if Hyde makes it there, I'm not sure we would take him because we don't need a RB.

#100 seems early for Logan Thomas. Would rather get Dri Archer there if he's still around or maybe a developmental receiver or corner.
Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey are not burners, and yet you guys think that Matthews speed makes him a possession WR? I think he has the skills to play on the outside, and the work ethic to improve in the NFL
And a RB to become our workhorse is a definite need for this team, based on how it operates. Anyone that's 100% confident in Lattimore shouldn't be

Mason EASILY becomes the best RB on our roster if we draft him. On a team with little holes, how is this a bad idea?
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey are not burners, and yet you guys think that Matthews speed makes him a possession WR? I think he has the skills to play on the outside, and the work ethic to improve in the NFL

Thank you, that's what I keep saying
Originally posted by matt49er:
RB is round 2 is just an awful idea. I like SJB at 61 and Buchanon at 77, we would be insane to wait till 61 to address our biggest need, the secondary though.

Agree. You can get good backs lower in the draft
I like Mason, but I think Jeremy Hill in the 3rd or 4th would be better.
Totally disagree with the 1st 2 picks. I like Mathews but not at #30. I like Mason but much lower then #56. You can trade down for those 2 dudes and still get them while still adding a couple more picks.
Originally posted by matt49er:

This.

Matt its another one!
And a RB to become our workhorse is a definite need for this team, based on how it operates. Anyone that's 100% confident in Lattimore shouldn't be

Mason EASILY becomes the best RB on our roster if we draft him. On a team with little holes, how is this a bad idea?

Because the 49ers already have 4 RB's on the roster. With Gore, Hunter, Lattimore and James, I don't know that there's a pressing need at RB. If Lattimore comes in and performs like the 1st round prospect he was, then RB becomes even less of a need.
  • pfizz
draft doesnt address a cornerback for the slot nor a vertical threat. sorry, but matthews is a possession receiver. do not let his 40 time deceive you.

According to Baalke, he once said when he drafted LMJ (or was it Lattimore?) they are not going to be a single back workhorse in the future. He intends to follow many other teams that are going to have a RB by committee. Many teams are doing this now, that is why RB is not as valuable in the FA market. As for Lattimore, I hope for the best, hope that he is Gore 2.0
Tre Mason in the 2nd round would be horrible!
If we take a RB please let it be Jeremy Hill.