There are 129 users in the forums

Phoenix 49ers 2014 Mock Draft V6.0(UPDATED POST-CULLIVER POTATO JAILHOUSE VERSION)

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The reason I went with Barrow, I see him doing a better job of dropping back into coverage as well as diagnosing plays and reacting appropriately.

Barrow is very experienced at dropping back into coverage which IMO is one of the biggest losses with Bowman being. With Barrow you're talking about a guy with a 4.6 40 who has some ability to recover if he gets beat, he's a solid cover guy, one of the better ILB's in coverage in this draft. To me that is the biggest factor for any ILB, if they can't cover well, then it doesn't matter how hard they can hit or anything else.

This is why I agree with you! I would love to have Skov on the team because he is really my kind of LB when it comes to aggressive play, but he also misses some plays by being overly aggressive. Barrow is a much better replacement of Bowman. The niners really have a unique set of MLBs--speed, tackling, coverage skills, toughness, intelligence...everything but injury-proof!
Originally posted by strickac:
Why a FS so early? We have Bethea and Reid locked up for a long time.

LOL, do you even know Bethea's age and his contract guarantee? He's basically a stop gap if you look at the guaranteed money per year portion of the contract.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,006
Kyle Fuller + Jaylen Watkins
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,006
By the way as I stated multiple times I´m a real fan of a Fuller + Watkins combination.

But how about still drafting Verrett in the 1st and Aaron Colvin as Cullivers replacement ? I think that would be also
Originally posted by DeUh:
By the way as I stated multiple times I´m a real fan of a Fuller + Watkins combination.

But how about still drafting Verrett in the 1st and Aaron Colvin as Cullivers replacement ? I think that would be also

Colvin won't be playing at all this season, so you still need extra depth for 2014.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,006
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DeUh:
By the way as I stated multiple times I´m a real fan of a Fuller + Watkins combination.

But how about still drafting Verrett in the 1st and Aaron Colvin as Cullivers replacement ? I think that would be also

Colvin won't be playing at all this season, so you still need extra depth for 2014.

I´m aware of that. But Brock, Wright, Verret, Cox, Morris this season sounds ok to me. Sign a veteran CB for depth and competition too.
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 29, 2014 at 11:48 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,499
I am a guy that is pretty low on Moncrief. .. is he good probably.... will he help our team win it this year? NO! We have crabs and boldin. Let's worry about next year... next year. We need starters in first few rounds. Moncrief probably won't beat out patton. Jus saying. Cooks, archer, those are the only tup a of reciever that will help this year.
Originally posted by fan49:
I am a guy that is pretty low on Moncrief. .. is he good probably.... will he help our team win it this year? NO! We have crabs and boldin. Let's worry about next year... next year. We need starters in first few rounds. Moncrief probably won't beat out patton. Jus saying. Cooks, archer, those are the only tup a of reciever that will help this year.
Interesting. You assume that Cook and Archer can help us more than Moncrief???
Compared with the former two Moncrief is a full package.
Originally posted by fan49:
I am a guy that is pretty low on Moncrief. .. is he good probably.... will he help our team win it this year? NO! We have crabs and boldin. Let's worry about next year... next year. We need starters in first few rounds. Moncrief probably won't beat out patton. Jus saying. Cooks, archer, those are the only tup a of reciever that will help this year.

If you think Moncreif isn't going to help us because we have crabs and Boldin then something is wrong...
Either you don't know crabs and Boldin or you haven't researched Moncreif...

Also, I HIGHLY doubt Archer will even play enough this coming season to make a difference.
Don't forget about Patton.
Originally posted by communist:
Interesting. You assume that Cook and Archer can help us more than Moncrief???
Compared with the former two Moncrief is a full package.

I think Cooks would help us more than Moncrief. He's a slot receiver which we need (although Boldin can play in the slot too) and he's much quicker and faster than Moncrief. A lot of people on here are willing to trade up a little for Cooks but you won't find many people willing to draft Moncrief before our first round pick.
You know my feelings about Bruce Ellington. Not including him I'm taking as a personal offense.
Originally posted by genus49:
You know my feelings about Bruce Ellington. Not including him I'm taking as a personal offense.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Check the sports misc mock real quick. I'm going back and forth on who to draft next.
[ Edited by genus49 on Mar 31, 2014 at 3:35 PM ]
we both have Kyle Fuller as our first pick in the our current mocks lol. as well as a Florida St player in the 2nd round.
Share 49erswebzone