LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

NC's Full Mock w/trades 3/26/14

read somewhere that some teams have concerns re kyle fuller because he had some injury issues with a lot of muscle pulls at va tech
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
read somewhere that some teams have concerns re kyle fuller because he had some injury issues with a lot of muscle pulls at va tech

Na, it was just a one time thing. He's fine.
Originally posted by communist:
Don't like the jump after Fuller at all.
The jump after Robinson is also useless imho.
Bryant is an athlete only.
Where is our slot receiver?
Not a single DE or OLB though I'm ok with the latter one.

It's simply a draft for immediate needs.

Sorry, personally I don't like it.
Ageed
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE

DE CHRIS SMITH
ARKANSAS

C WESTON RICHBURG
COLORADO STATE

QB LOGAN THOMAS
VIRGINIA TECH

DT BRENT URBAN
Or consider this.
We can get way better value by taking BPA in the 1st and trading up in the 2nd and 3rd for our guys. Our first 2nd rounder would be the best place to trade up because the talent starts to drop after 40.
WR BRANDIN COOKS
OREGON STATE

WR JORDAN MATTHEWS
VANDERBILT

S DION BAILEY
USC

DE TRENT MURPHY
STANFORD

CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

RB DRI ARCHER
KENT STATE

QB BRETT SMITH
WYOMING

[ Edited by juycho on Mar 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM ]
I wouldn't be mad with that draft...

The only pick I dislike is the Bryant pick. He looks great on paper, but he's raw. I think he's going to struggle in the pros.

Aaron Murray is interesting though. He's getting mocked in the middle rounds, but if he were healthy I think he'd be on the fringe of the 1st, similar to Carr and Garopollo. He has a strong arm, great pocket awareness, mobility, accuracy, and experience against top competition. I'm not a scout, but to me, he looks like he has 1st round talent. However, I have a strong feeling we go after Fales based on value.
[ Edited by strickac on Mar 27, 2014 at 7:40 AM ]
Originally posted by juycho:
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE

DE CHRIS SMITH
ARKANSAS

C WESTON RICHBURG
COLORADO STATE

QB LOGAN THOMAS
VIRGINIA TECH

DT BRENT URBAN

No RB,its crowded as is,Jewel Hampton is an excellent RB and he may not even make the 53 man team,why would you go draft a RB? head scratcher,and where are these DE and DT play?WE ARE LOADED already,we already nare going to probably cut DOBBS ,there is no where to put him...come on guys think what the team already has, DE,DT,RB OLB ARE NOT AREAS OF WEAKNESS.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
The only pick I dislike is the Bryant pick. He looks great on paper, but he's raw. I think he's going to struggle in the pros.

Yes he is raw and I think he has boom or bust potential but he is definitely a football player and not just an athlete which i read a few times on here. I currently have him with a 4th round grade but I dont think he will last that long. Players like Moncrief, Matthews, Adams, Robinson or Latimer are far more polished. It is not even close. But he his not just fast. He is fast, quick and can actually catch the ball. And wins 50/50 balls more times than not.
Crabtree and Bryant on the outside with Boldin in the slot there is no way Seattle or any other defense plays us the way they did last year.

Martavis Bryant vs Georgia Tech 2013

Donte Moncrief vs. Georgia Tech 2013

Or consider this.
We can get way better value by taking BPA in the 1st and trading up in the 2nd and 3rd for our guys. Our first 2nd rounder would be the best place to trade up because the talent starts to drop after 40.
WR BRANDIN COOKS
OREGON STATE

WR JORDAN MATTHEWS
VANDERBILT

S DION BAILEY
USC

DE TRENT MURPHY
STANFORD

CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

RB DRI ARCHER
KENT STATE

QB BRETT SMITH
WYOMING

once again where is he (DT)gonna play?whose spot is he gonna take? What the team needs is help on the OL..like a Center and a Guard in case Iupuati walks.
I have done alot of research on this 2014 draft and what the 49ers needs are and i think this draft addresses all there needs that i have listed below and this would round out the 49ers roster very nicely and all these guys are expected to be within striking distance for when the 49ers pick anyway. See below and let me know what you think. Thanks.

PICK 30-Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State Big Bodied Wr the 49ers need and covet. Instant Redzone upgrade also

PICK 56-Keith McGill, CB, Utah Long tall CB with good 4.4 speed and long arms would fit in well with our D and could become a elite CB

PICK 61-Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S, Florida State Perfect for the nickel CB role and plays man coverage very well and has good speed and an absolute stud blitzing off the edge

PICK 77-Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State Tall Rangy LB with speed to burn ran in the 4.4 range and can play sideline to sideline. Needs to add weight to frame but could be a steal and causes havoc when blitzing

PICK 100- Dri Archer, RB/WR, Kent State- Small WR but has blazing speed 4.2 range and is a legitmate deep threat and a kick/punt returner phenom

PICK 129-Caraun Reid-DT Princeton Blew up the senior bowl and can collapse the pocket and has the size and strength to hold up against the run and rush the qb when needed absolute steal here will be a stud in NFL play at ivy leagu school at Princeton and got no recognition there b/c of the comp they play but dominated senior bowl

PICK 170-Bryan Stork, C, Florida State Need depth at Center and Stork was one of the best in the nation before he got hurt- With Kilgore unproven we need depth and this guy can fill in at gurad also if needed and an upgrade over Adam Snyder

PICK 201-Trade W Chargers- Logan Thomas-QB VT- Project QB but has all the measureables 6'6 huge arm good speed 4.6 range needs to be more accurate and his foot work needs to be polished and Harbaugh can fix both of these issues could be a steal and solid backup to Colin

PICK 242-Colt Lyerla-Te Oregon- Ton of potential 6'4 240lbs great speed 4.4 range great hands can stretch the field and will block when needed but needs to get stronger in weight room. also has off field issues and alot of them- arrested for possesion of drugs left team week 3 2013 needs to be with a strong locker room and coah who can keep him in line and bring out his potential and mazimize it. Caould be a major steal if he gets his act together.

Originally posted by DeUh:
Could you explain those 3 points ?
Unless we are REALLY in love with Fuller or any other CB, I don't want us to jump after him or another CB in this CB-deep draft in a high round (=high trade value). We are good at drafting CBs low.

Bryant showed the same things as did Stephen Hill though Hill was a starter on a run-heavy offense whereas Bryant was just a vertical option on a team with a future all-pro WR. He is big and he is athletic but today he is WAY too raw.
If he is available in the 4th round or with our comp pick, I would try it.

slot receiver:
we need a slot receiver. Archer could do it but imho he would get torched by the LBs.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for juycho.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE

ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD

RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE

DE CHRIS SMITH
ARKANSAS

C WESTON RICHBURG
COLORADO STATE

QB LOGAN THOMAS
VIRGINIA TECH

DT BRENT URBAN

No RB,its crowded as is,Jewel Hampton is an excellent RB and he may not even make the 53 man team,why would you go draft a RB? head scratcher,and where are these DE and DT play?WE ARE LOADED already,we already nare going to probably cut DOBBS ,there is no where to put him...come on guys think what the team already has, DE,DT,RB OLB ARE NOT AREAS OF WEAKNESS.
Hyde was a flyer. It probably should be a WR or SS.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Could you explain those 3 points ?
Unless we are REALLY in love with Fuller or any other CB, I don't want us to jump after him or another CB in this CB-deep draft in a high round (=high trade value). We are good at drafting CBs low.

Bryant showed the same things as did Stephen Hill though Hill was a starter on a run-heavy offense whereas Bryant was just a vertical option on a team with a future all-pro WR. He is big and he is athletic but today he is WAY too raw.
If he is available in the 4th round or with our comp pick, I would try it.

slot receiver:
we need a slot receiver. Archer could do it but imho he would get torched by the LBs.

Thanks.
Originally posted by strickac:
I wouldn't be mad with that draft...

Aaron Murray is interesting though. He's getting mocked in the middle rounds, but if he were healthy I think he'd be on the fringe of the 1st, similar to Carr and Garopollo. He has a strong arm, great pocket awareness, mobility, accuracy, and experience against top competition. I'm not a scout, but to me, he looks like he has 1st round talent. However, I have a strong feeling we go after Fales based on value.

yes Bryant is raw.....raw as sushi, but just as tasty
Fuller looks badass
Share 49ersWebzone