LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

NC's Full Mock w/trades 3/26/14

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I like Fuller and it probably is realistic trading up a bit for him if that is Baalkes guy and he wants to secure him. I like Archer and think it's a must that we draft him.

Allen Robinson is good, but he's not what we need at receiver right now. He's too similar to Crabtree and is more of a possession receiver. Now you can argue that down the line, he'll be Boldin or Crabs replacement, but we need to draft for a need RIGHT NOW as opposed to addressing a possible replacement in the future. We need to look at receivers that can stretch the field and/or are quick shifty fast guys that can work the slot. Cooks, Beckham, and Moncrief are my top three guys to best compliment this offense one way or another. I'm not the biggest fan of Bryant, but wouldn't be mad if we got him as long as it was in the third or later. I kind of see him as a very poor mans randy moss or a Justin Hunter type of receiver. Don't think he's the most polished and complete receiver.

Have you know I was really considering those three WR's in the first two rounds. I scratched off Moncrief (who I originally picked) and went with Robinson because I don't like the way he sometimes body traps the ball. Other than that I love the guy.

Gotcha. I do like Robinson, just don't prefer him to as a compliment to our offense.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Didn't think about it until you said it but I definitely agree that if Baalke is going to take 2 CB's in the first two rounds it will be a nickle CB and a long CB, so Verrett and Desir or Fuller and whoever. With our current CB's I don't think they take 2 similar CB's with high picks.
Kyle Fuller + Jaylen Watkins
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i know nothing about college football but i drink the bathwater of NC so if he thinks its good, I am ok with it. it does take care of our needs . i like the idea of dumping james with the idea of getting that good replacement NC drafted. part of me would like to see us draft a inside linebacker but that can be done with a cheap under the radar free agent vet after june first
I would be happy with this man! Well done!
Originally posted by DeUh:
Nice work and nicely written. I really like Fuller, Bryant, Archer and Long where you picked them !

A few notes
I like Robinson but I´m more intrigued with Davante Adams or Jordan Matthews as depth and future Crabtree / Boldin replacements at the start of the 2nd but that is personal preference.
I dont think we will be able to have 3 QB´s on the 53 man roster and Blaine Gabberts $2,011,587 is fully guaranteed this year. They way Baalke is watching our dead money I think they thought very carefully about the addition of Gabbert and will not cut him for a rookie QB
I´m very low on Ahmad Dixon and would not trust him at all as our last line of defense. Would prefer Shamiel Gary or Daytawion Lowe here.

You're low on Dixon, who many consider a top 5 Safety in this class, but would rather pick two guys considered 7TH-UDFA instead? And you'd pick them in the 5th like he has Dixon?
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Have you know I was really considering those three WR's in the first two rounds. I scratched off Moncrief (who I originally picked) and went with Robinson because I don't like the way he sometimes body traps the ball. Other than that I love the guy.

Moncreif can be taught to catch correctly, but you can`t teach SPEED...Robinson Noway,He does not have the SPEED we need to stretch the field ,We already have Crabs and Boldin...not a BIG fan of Robinson..rather have Mocreif,Beckham,Matthews,or Cooks.
Robinson and Moncrief are both very young and would inject not only youth but upside because they are still growing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, replace with Moncrief and it looks good.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Nice work and nicely written. I really like Fuller, Bryant, Archer and Long where you picked them !

A few notes
I like Robinson but I´m more intrigued with Davante Adams or Jordan Matthews as depth and future Crabtree / Boldin replacements at the start of the 2nd but that is personal preference.
I dont think we will be able to have 3 QB´s on the 53 man roster and Blaine Gabberts $2,011,587 is fully guaranteed this year. They way Baalke is watching our dead money I think they thought very carefully about the addition of Gabbert and will not cut him for a rookie QB
I´m very low on Ahmad Dixon and would not trust him at all as our last line of defense. Would prefer Shamiel Gary or Daytawion Lowe here.

You're low on Dixon, who many consider a top 5 Safety in this class, but would rather pick two guys considered 7TH-UDFA instead? And you'd pick them in the 5th like he has Dixon?

I currently have both with a 6th / 7th round grade and our 5th is almost a 6th. I have watched every Oklahoma State game last season because of Justin Gilbert and they caught my eyes many many times. They are still raw but have everything you are looking for in a safety. Dixon on the other side has extreme poor instincts in my opinion, looks for the highlight reel hit instead of making a hard sure tackle and has very poor cover skills. With Bethea signed I would take one of them over Dixon 24/7.

Shamiel Gary 7 Daytawion Lowe 8

Ahmad Dixon 6

[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM ]
There is not a pick I do not like. Love the philosophy of your picks. I too, think Dri Archer could be a big surprise.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:50 PM ]

I like this draft a lot. If the FO is sold on Fuller, I wouldn't be surprised by a trade up, but I would imagine they'd watch Denard, Verrett, and Fuller, and trade up after the first two are taken to get the last one, unless they have fixated on one of them as "our guy." Out of the three, Fuller is the only one I would trust to play outside and nickle.

I prefer Moncrief as my favorite attainable WR, but I wouldn't be upset with Robinson, Matthews, or Moncrief where you picked (again, if the 49ers feel the same, they could wait on all three and only trade up if two of them are taken), since you intend to get Bryant and Archer to take care of speed.

I don't see us adding an OL that could make the team, and we would need to draft EARLY to get a DL that could push anyone off of the roster (ESPECIALLY if we only keep 6 DL), so I don't mind loading the skill positions. I don't like DIxon's read and react much, but I don't know how much of that is coaching. Anyone you pick at that point is going to have some questions
Don't like the jump after Fuller at all.
The jump after Robinson is also useless imho.
Bryant is an athlete only.
Where is our slot receiver?
Not a single DE or OLB though I'm ok with the latter one.

It's simply a draft for immediate needs.

Sorry, personally I don't like it.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
double post.
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 26, 2014 at 3:00 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Don't like the jump after Fuller at all.
The jump after Robinson is also useless imho.
Bryant is an athlete only.
Where is our slot receiver?
Not a single DE or OLB though I'm ok with the latter one.

It's simply a draft for immediate needs.

Sorry, personally I don't like it.

Could you explain those 3 points ?
Nice mock
Share 49ersWebzone