LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

future HOF players from this draft

• xcfan
  • Veteran
whom do you see from this draft as a future HOF candidate with a decent shot if everything works out?

my #1 guy is OT greg robinson. he's the closest thing i've seen to larry allen since larry. he's young, with lots of room for technical improvement--and that is scary because he already has rare, brute strength. he has the potential to win every play--how many guys can you say that about? he manhandles grown men; just stops them dead in their tracks. with his power, and nfl-polished technique, he will be unbeatable.
if he plays 12 years, he'll be all-pro for 10 of them. HOF.

who you got?
People said Iupati would be the next Larry Allen. He isn't even close.

Larry Allen won't come around again for a long time. God accidentally spilled a gallon of "scary beast" into his DNA.
Jadaveon Clowney

The fastest/strongest DE i can remember

Chris Johnson running 4.24 is impressive, 5'10 190lbs
But IMO Clowney's 4.47 is more impressive to me 6'6 270lbs and your are .2 behind Johnson?
That is insane, if opposing tackles slip AT ALL he'll be around them and sacking the QB before they can even turn around to get a visual
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Interesting to watch in the context of a future HOF discussion thread. Merril Hoge is giving his two cents. Of course Hoge was wrong before but makes you rewatch a few tapes nonetheless.

"Khalil Mack best defensive player coming out of college in the last 15 years."

"Jadeveon Clowney is heartbreak"

I agree w/Hoge on Mack.

HOF - that's a tough one. There's always someone that comes out of nowhere.

I cried when we didn't draft Larry Allen. A really like a guy I think is a "Larry Allen lite" is Gabe Jackson 6'4" 330 Mississippi State. I think this guy will be sensational? HOF??

I'm stuck here. Hopefully it's whoever we draft.
Johnny Football
I don't want to comment and look like a fool 5 years from now when I say someone who will be an absolute bust.

Having said that, I'm going to comment anyways. I think Stephon Tuitt will end up being a very good player. I don't know about hall of fame, but I guess I'll go with him, since that's what the thread is about.
For me, it's Clowney. He's a freak and it will show up in the form of sacks which was enough to get guys like Strahan into the Hall of Fame. If he doesn't like football, he may not become a great defender, but he would probably still be good enough as a one dimensional player to make it especially given how many opportunities for sacks he will have in today's game (how often teams throw and the faster pace of play).

I think Tuitt will be a good enough player to warrant consideration, but like Justin Smith, a lot of his contributions won't show up on stat sheets so they are sometimes overlooked. He stays in his lane, sheds and takes on blockers well, and has enough quickness and strength to get to the quarterback at times even when he's double teamed. In a 3-4, his biggest responsibility would be taking on blockers and freeing up linebackers and I think he did a really good job of that at Notre Dame along with Nix. I would be surprised if he makes it because 4-3 DE's tend to get more recognition than 3-4 DE's (they have an opportunity to make more plays).
Other than Clowney & Robinson:

Brandin Cooks, Ryan Shazier.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 26, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]
Cooks, Fuller, Evans

Share 49ersWebzone