LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Peshek: CB Metrics 1.0 & 2.0

• Jd925
  • Veteran
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46190/349/peshek-cb-metrics-10

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46242/351/peshek-cb-metrics-20

According to this guy's metrics Fuller, Dennard, Purifoy, Mitchell, Verrett have the best(lowest) Burn % in that order...Gilbert seems overrated... of those CB's, Dennard, Mitchell, Purifoy played more press coverage than the others. Fuller has a great Burn%, but played 6-10 yds over 50% of the time... Dennard looks like the best press corner, followed by Mitchell & Purifoy although Purifoy gets beaten deep more often.. You would expect it more difficult to have a good deep burn% if you play press all the time with no help.. I like Verrett more than Fuller because he doesn't play off/zone as much.

Analysis seems fairly thorough... I used to just use passes defensed as the main metric, but I like this thorough analysis better.. I'd like to also see yards per target as well and TD's allowed, but this is good.. what do you guys think?
I like Fuller, Denard, and Verret the most. I think Gilbert is overrated but would be worth the pick if he slipped into the 20s.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I like Fuller, Denard, and Verret the most. I think Gilbert is overrated but would be worth the pick if he slipped into the 20s.

Gilbert runs a 4.3, 34 inch arms, 6ft 200pds, and after Verrett he has the smoothest hips. His game tape is underwhelming but he had a huge combine.
Dennard has been my guy for a long time now, if he's not there, go with Gilbert, if he's not there, go with Verrett.

- Racking up maybe the most solid overall resume within the 'trinity' of stats, Jason Verrett capitalized heavily on his ball skills. He broke up one out of every 2.75 targets which makes him the best ballhawk of this group, if not the entire CB class.

Roby allowed a 33% completion rate over 20 yards. The average was about 17%.

Stanley Jean Baptiste was either going to stuff the receiver at the line or get beat downfield for a big completion. His percentage of completions allowed over 20 yards was almost 80%.

If the 49ers could somehow acquire both Fuller AND Verrett, they'd be set forever at CB.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM ]
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing
Yea Im convinced that we are drafting Fuller
Originally posted by Since07:
Yea Im convinced that we are drafting Fuller

Yeppers. I think Fuller is a legit outside starter tho. We may still need a slot corner especially one that can press.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dennard has been my guy for a long time now, if he's not there, go with Gilbert, if he's not there, go with Verrett.

- Racking up maybe the most solid overall resume within the 'trinity' of stats, Jason Verrett capitalized heavily on his ball skills. He broke up one out of every 2.75 targets which makes him the best ballhawk of this group, if not the entire CB class.

Roby allowed a 33% completion rate over 20 yards. The average was about 17%.

Stanley Jean Baptiste was either going to stuff the receiver at the line or get beat downfield for a big completion. His percentage of completions allowed over 20 yards was almost 80%.

If the 49ers could somehow acquire both Fuller AND Verrett, they'd be set forever at CB.

Oh lord. I would never worry about our defensive secondary again.
Originally posted by kronik:
Yeppers. I think Fuller is a legit outside starter tho. We may still need a slot corner especially one that can press.

Thats where Morris comes in Even though slot is supposedly the hardest CB position I want to see Morris next season
Share 49ersWebzone