LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Brandon Coleman

First off, let me start out by saying I hope he isn't the 1st WR we pick.
Actually, I'm hoping we go CB>WR>CB>WR

This guy is somebody I want us to look at for that second WR pick-up

So, starting with size
6'6 220lbs 34' arms
4.56 40 ,although he seems faster than that (I've watched him burn CB and secondary defenses all season long)
Has incredible hands and ran a pretty good cone drill for his size

I hope we draft an explosive WR with our second pick, the other one I want a red zone threat, I love Dawson but I am tired of his field goals...
Then i saw this on his combine report
Has playmaking ability -- averaged nearly 22 yards per catch and scored on one out of every five catches over three seasons
^That has to be one of the highest YAC's in the NCAA, also one out of every five catches is a TD for three seasons? Thats crazy.

Brandon Coleman, my vote for our 4th/5th overall pick
I agree 100%
I was looking at him also (measurables and youtube highlights... that's about the depth of my scouting).

How is his run blocking?
Originally posted by azninersfan:
I was looking at him also (measurables and youtube highlights... that's about the depth of my scouting).

How is his run blocking?

From what i remember watching it was solid, probably good enough to consider him a TE

http://standingosports.com/main/2013/11/12/scouting-report-rutgers-wr-brandon-coleman/
"A very solid blocker in a run-oriented offense will help keep him on the field as a potential number two receiver right out of the gate."

Could you imagine lining him up opposite VD in a goal line situation?
This guy could prove to be our red zone/2nd TE vertical threat paired with Davis option

If he pans out, that combo could be VERY deadly
I like him. Like the way he catches with his hands as well. A little bit raw but a nice prospect to develop
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
From what i remember watching it was solid, probably good enough to consider him a TE

http://standingosports.com/main/2013/11/12/scouting-report-rutgers-wr-brandon-coleman/
"A very solid blocker in a run-oriented offense will help keep him on the field as a potential number two receiver right out of the gate."

Could you imagine lining him up opposite VD in a goal line situation?
This guy could prove to be our red zone/2nd TE vertical threat paired with Davis option

If he pans out, that combo could be VERY deadly

I asked for exactly that reason. He could be a great mismatch to have, especially with Vernon on the field. With Vernon, Coleman and McDonald, we could line up in triple TE or 3 wideouts. Might make for interesting substitution issues for the defense. On second thought, getting him might make Roman get even cuter with his play calling and drive us nuts.
I have been looking at him for awhile.

He's been a real performer for Rutgers.

What rounds do you guys see him going -3-5?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I have been looking at him for awhile.

He's been a real performer for Rutgers.

What rounds do you guys see him going -3-5?

I troll a lot of the Hawk boards and they love him over there, they want him with their first pick lol
http://seahawksdraftblog.com/brandon-coleman-to-declare-for-the-2014-draft

Hopefully he falls down to mid 3rd early 4th, I wouldn't mind picking him up with our comp pick or an early 4th rounder

The reason he is going so late in my opinion is because of the QB change his sophmore year
I'm sorry but Nova is not a very accurate passer and Coleman was used as a vertical threat,
Things don't turn out very well for a WR like Coleman in a vertical scheme with a QB whos accuracy drops to around 20-30% when throwing over 15 yards
Seriously watch how bad Nova is in this game, how Coleman managed to still get 6rec 226yds and 2td is beyond me

That catch at 1:03 is awesome
You can also see his speed at 2:12, he is faster than his 40 at the combine of 4.56
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM ]
Thanks Quest4six.
he was once considered one of the top receivers in this draft and now he has become irrelevant...idk why, he is a beast! would be a steal in the 4th

Share 49ersWebzone