49ers surprise by picking...

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Andra:
Jimmie Ward FS /slot CB that would surprise me

Just wanted to pat myself on the back

It's better to be lucky than good
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/4/28/5650590/jimmie-ward-2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report

We got a very good player.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/4/28/5650590/jimmie-ward-2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report

We got a very good player.

I agree his versatility is similar to the Tyrann Mathieu
Some Niner fans and media are already crying because 1) Baalke didn't trade up; 2) apparently they didn't pick whoever it was they wanted. Get over it. Jimmie Ward is a dandy football player...a ballhawk who can hit. He can play both S positions and arguably slot CB. He was the 3rd rated S in Walter Football's draft prospect list...ahead of Bucannon, who was picked before him. I'm sure Baalke tried to trade up, but for whatever reason couldn't get a deal he liked. In that case, it's better to stand pat than to make a deal you're not happy with. I was somewhat surprised how early some players were picked...didn't really expect Fuller to go at #14...ditto Bucannon in the 1st rd. But, hey, the teams that took those guys obviously thought they were worth taking at those spots. Baalke has 10 more picks to play with...I'd expect him to trade up in the 2nd and 3rd rds, to get some players he and Harbaugh like.

Good s**t
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Good s**t

Thanks dude , just luck but I still danced around the house like I was some kind genius