There are 210 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers surprise by picking...

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by xcfan:
Pierre Desir in the 1st round

you know, that could happen, since it's such a late pick and there are some who have him going in the second. if baalke rates him top-40, he could do it.

Pierre Desir in the 1st round

you know, that could happen, since it's such a late pick and there are some who have him going in the second. if baalke rates him top-40, he could do it.

Baakle is probably drooling all over Desir's arm length...

Or maybe the length of something else.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Wow we posted that at the same time lol. Please don't let that be a sign, I'm just answering the question, I'd be pissed if we used our first on him

lol i was thinking late second round. I think it wouldn't hurt with lemonier being unproven and Aldon having his court date soon who knows..
If there is value on the defensive line at the 30th pick I imagine the 49ers will pull the trigger. I don't think they stay at 30, 15-20 would be my guess if they trade up.
Originally posted by KaeptinKrunch:
lol i was thinking late second round. I think it wouldn't hurt with lemonier being unproven and Aldon having his court date soon who knows..

Late second I would be okay with cause that means we got a CB and WR first
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Its nice to know we are preparing for he worst now. No surprises for us

Yessir, I've been wrong every year in the Baalke era. I've come to terms that whoever I really want or think we may target ain't happening
Beckham jr or cooks or gilbert
Originally posted by wailers15:
Beckham jr or cooks or gilbert
Why would that be a surprise for any of these picks? Those are expected to be the choices if they're available...
I see this as my suprise pick too. Either him or Truitt..And I can definitely see it happening if we get Josh Morgan back (as rumored). We could then go CB and WR in 2nd round. w/our 2 picks there, then go crazy in 3rd. w/ ILB, S, C/G..!! go for it Niners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel the niners will not draft a WR in the 1st. They can grab a good one the 1st pick of the 2nd round. I could see the niners going DL or CB in the 1st. So Nix, Tuitt, and Hageman would be solid. Or ofc Dennard, GIlbert if we move up a little bit.
  • DeUh
Looking through the recent mocks i think Allen Robinson WR Penn State would surprise some people.
my call. We trade up and grab eric ebron.

Honestly, I think this would be the best play. You get two dominant tight ends that pull linebackers and threaten the downfield in the middle and have bolding and crabtree….whooo wee...

it would be patriots offense on steroids...

I think Patton will be our #3, and I love that dude. (patton)
Surprise by trading back into the top third of the 2nd round.

That'be a BIG surprise!
love that guy, but where on earth does he fit? not cat-like enough to cover great slot receivers; not big enough to withstand the nfl punishment he's going to be a part of. geez, if he were only 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier--he'd be the perfect linebacker. whatever...he's going to prove everyone wrong and be good nfl player.
not sure if serious. re-watched a part of the fsu-clemson game and he seemed like to be VERY quick and VERY agressive.
Given his agressiveness, I think he would fits best at FS in our system and given his quickness he fits a nickel CB very good.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
not sure if serious. re-watched a part of the fsu-clemson game and he seemed like to be VERY quick and VERY agressive.
Given his agressiveness, I think he would fits best at FS in our system and given his quickness he fits a nickel CB very good.

i said "great slot receivers" -- meaning he's not going to shut down or dominate or get the best of elite nfl slot guys. serviceable in coverage against run-of-the-mill nfl receivers. aside from that, he'll have his nose in all the action. i hope he holds up. playing hard-nosed at under 200 lbs is concerning.

he really is best suited to play safety. if you're fine with a 190 lb safety, you'll be happy with him. he's such a fun player to watch; i hope he succeeds.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Trade our 2nd to Giants for 12th overall (may have to throw in 2015 mid round pick. Take Mike Evans. Big guy downfield threat and end zone target. Everything we need at WR especially against Seattle. In 2 season we may lose Crabtree and Boldin so also a great insurance policy. Patton at 4 spot.