LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

49ers surprise by picking...

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
LaMarcus Joyner, Florida State

love that guy, but where on earth does he fit? not cat-like enough to cover great slot receivers; not big enough to withstand the nfl punishment he's going to be a part of. geez, if he were only 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier--he'd be the perfect linebacker. whatever...he's going to prove everyone wrong and be good nfl player.
Originally posted by xcfan:
...louis nix.

i keep thinking baalke will move up a bit and grab nix. no reason; it just keeps popping into my head. not a big need, but i'd be happy.

who do you think baalke might surprise and pick?

that's not a surprise

love that guy, but where on earth does he fit? not cat-like enough to cover great slot receivers; not big enough to withstand the nfl punishment he's going to be a part of. geez, if he were only 5 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier--he'd be the perfect linebacker. whatever...he's going to prove everyone wrong and be good nfl player.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but he's one helluva football player. You draft him and find a spot for him later.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but he's one helluva football player. You draft him and find a spot for him later.

Dude is a legit slot cb on top of that a great leader. You can play him anywhere, don't let size fool you, if you can play you can play regardless size.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran

no sarcasm. he's a stud.
Clowney
The only really surprise pick would be a RB. If they picked Carlos Hyde at #30, that would be a surprise.
Trent Murphy
Trent Murphy
Originally posted by KaeptinKrunch:
Trent Murphy

Wow we posted that at the same time lol. Please don't let that be a sign, I'm just answering the question, I'd be pissed if we used our first on him

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Wow we posted that at the same time lol. Please don't let that be a sign, I'm just answering the question, I'd be pissed if we used our first on him

yeah, he's not good enough.
Pierre Desir in the 1st round
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

you know, that could happen, since it's such a late pick and there are some who have him going in the second. if baalke rates him top-40, he could do it.

you know, that could happen, since it's such a late pick and there are some who have him going in the second. if baalke rates him top-40, he could do it.

Baakle is probably drooling all over Desir's arm length...
Its nice to know we are preparing for he worst now. No surprises for us
Share 49ersWebzone