There are 156 users in the forums

2014 Mock Draft DTG_9er

OTC, would you mind to name us some slot receiver prospects?
Love the 1st rd pick in Fuller.

I have Mathews at #27 on my current BB, so to get him in rd 2 =

Big fan of Joyner where you have him, so

I have Richburg at #42, so

Not a big fan of McGill.. especially since we got Fuller.. but the value is not bad.

I have Dion Bailey at #60... so 4th rd?

Jalen Saunders is another guy I like, and can immediately add speed and STs...

The rest is

Your mock is

Originally posted by communist:
OTC, would you mind to name us some slot receiver prospects?

Sure, here you go. Here's 8 slot receiver prospects (note: this doesn't include every possible slot receiver):

* Marqise Lee, USC .. 6-0 192 4.52
* Odell Beckham Jr, LSU .. 5-11 193 4.43
* Robert Herron, Wyoming .. 5-9 193 4.48
* Jeremy Gallon, Michigan .. 5-8 185 4.49
* Isaiah Burse, Fresno State .. 5-10 188 4.58
* Brandin Cooks, Oregon State .. 5-10 189 4.33
* Bruce Ellington, South Carolina .. 5-9 197 4.45
* Austin Franklin, New Mexico St .. 5-11 189 4.56
* Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest .. 5-9 192 4.46

I will reveal my major potential 49er targets at a later time.
I like it, even the extra DBs. Colvin is a redshirt. Fuller could be a starter. Joyner and Bailey would be backups this year. I wouldnt mind bringing Jerry Rice's blood back in either. Love it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Sure, here you go. Here's 8 slot receiver prospects (note: this doesn't include every possible slot receiver):

Thx.

Would you regard Janis, Copeland, Reese or Norwood as slot receivers as well? These guys were the fastest in the 3cone-drill.
Copeland and Janis were also fast at the 20yd-shuttle.
--->both disciplines should show the ability to turn your hips as quick as possible, don't they?
I don't mind accuracy by volume! We can strengthen two major need areas. I am a big Dri Archer fan and would like to have seen him in 4th and I hink we could use some depth on d-line. I like the individual athletes you choose. For sur e

Thx.

Would you regard Janis, Copeland, Reese or Norwood as slot receivers as well? These guys were the fastest in the 3cone-drill.
Copeland and Janis were also fast at the 20yd-shuttle.
--->both disciplines should show the ability to turn your hips as quick as possible, don't they?

Despite the good times, I'm not sure Janis' best fit is in the slot. Reese is a weaker option at receiver/the slot in general. Ridiculous speed, but so many holes in his game.

Norwood is an underrated option. He could fit the mold of an inside/outside guy, but he will need time to develop both technically and physically. He could stand to add some upper body strength.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46006/349/peshek-top-4-wr-metrics

After reading this, and really looking at the numbers, I'm kinda off the Mathews bandwagon. I wouldn't hate getting him with a 3rd...but I really don't want to spend more than that.
I hope we trade up on pick (61), to make sure we get Joyner. We should have done the same for T. Matthew last year, especially if we were planning to get Reid..
With all due respect to you, my friend, I am not sure how realistic this one is. Seems a little hit-and-miss in my honest opinion. I think the team will look more for a true speed element in the receiving game. Barring a major trade up to deplete our amount of picks, I do foresee the team taking at least 2 WRs and 2 DBs.

The 49ers have shown interest in everything except your typical, run-of-the-mill possession receivers. Matthews is quite a solid one, prospect wise, but I don't think that's what we're looking for. The 49ers have shown a lot of interest in slot receiver types as well as the tall red zone threats like Benjamin and Mike Evans. Primarily slot guys though.

There are actually a couple players in particular not being talked about much that I think are major targets we could go after in the middle rounds.

The front office doesn't always draft someone because they visit them or show interest in them during the process. They didn't have any prior interest in Aldon, Kaep, AJ, or Reid. They visit players as a smokescreen and rely heavily on film and years of scouting. If they like Matthews, they won't make a visit or invite him for a workout. I am not saying you are wrong, but who they show interest in doesn't really mean much given their history.

Originally posted by Jakemall:

After reading this, and really looking at the numbers, I'm kinda off the Mathews bandwagon. I wouldn't hate getting him with a 3rd...but I really don't want to spend more than that.

Nothing will deter me from the Matthews bandwagon. You can use stats to manipulate a story, but his last two years have put up great numbers in the best conference in college football.

2012; 94 Rec; 1323 yards; 8 TDs
2013: 112 Rec; 1477 yards; 7 TDs

A general conclusion that the best reciever in the best conference should be considered one of the best reciever prospects. He had little support in a mediocre offense and still beat double teams. No one can deny that he did it against tough competition, but he has been labeled as one of the hardest workers coming out of college. Combine his performance with his work ethic and you have something special there.

Also, just watch how he conducts himself with the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jwPbpj1TSk

Where is Matthews???
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Love the 1st rd pick in Fuller.

I have Mathews at #27 on my current BB, so to get him in rd 2 =

Big fan of Joyner where you have him, so

I have Richburg at #42, so

Not a big fan of McGill.. especially since we got Fuller.. but the value is not bad.

I have Dion Bailey at #60... so 4th rd?

Jalen Saunders is another guy I like, and can immediately add speed and STs...

The rest is

Your mock is

Thanks Mac! I'm switching my vice to popcorn! The only carb I allow myself these days! But coffee is still good as well!

Joyner worried somewhat but I don't think height should disqualify a guy who may be a real gamebeaker...just ask all the sub 6 footers out there...I'll start with Brees...no matter how tall he says he is! Six feet my aunt Sally! Would have loved to get a guy like Cooks or Beckham but just don't see that happening. If the niners decide to trade their entire draft for Watkins...

Where is Matthews???

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46136/349/out-of-the-box sorry wrong one.

I like these guys but don't see them happening unless the niners fall in love and jockey for position. Cooks, Lee, and Beckham will likely be gone before #30 and I like Saunders and Reese as much of any others--though they are much lighter and thus less likely to hold their own against the Shermans of the world.

Look forward to your target list!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 20, 2014 at 4:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone