LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Address WR and CB

1-(30)Kelvin Benjiman-6"5 240lb WR FSU-redZone threat that can replace crabs/quan down the road

2-(56)Jaylen Watkins 5'11 190 CB Florida-best CB available at this spot, can compete from day1

2-(61) Donte Moncrief 6'2" 220lb Ole miss-4.4 speed, keep in mind Crabs or Anquan thrive in the slot, completes WR spot

3-(77) Piere Desir 6'1200lb CBLindenwood-Big Corner who could potentially play some safety, nickel or dime

3-(94) Kieth McGill 6'3"215lb CB Utah huge CB prospect who can compete for DB roster spot

4-(125) Bryan Stork Center FSU

4comp- Lamin Barrow ILB LSU

5-trade for 2015 4th

6-trade for 2015 5th

7th-injured red shirt candidates
Originally posted by davidboutte:
1-(30)Kelvin Benjiman-6"5 240lb WR FSU-redZone threat that can replace crabs/quan down the road

2-(56)Jaylen Watkins 5'11 190 CB Florida-best CB available at this spot, can compete from day1

2-(61) Donte Moncrief 6'2" 220lb Ole miss-4.4 speed, keep in mind Crabs or Anquan thrive in the slot, completes WR spot

3-(77) Piere Desir 6'1200lb CBLindenwood-Big Corner who could potentially play some safety, nickel or dime

3-(94) Kieth McGill 6'3"215lb CB Utah huge CB prospect who can compete for DB roster spot

5-trade for 2015 4th

6-trade for 2015 5th

I like the Moncrief pick alot, but I don't like the Benjamin pick so much.
Benjamin is very slow, not the best hands, and a little bit of a project at WR. In my opinion, he is a slower Jonathan Baldwin, so why would we lower the talent at that backup spot (Benjamin wouldn't start in front of Patton).
We also need Patton to develop, he showed a lot of promise last year which is something Harbs won't let go to waste.

I think our more glaring hole is in that nickel package you talk about, I think we could bring in somebody like Roby or Fuller in that first pick and strengthen our secondary. To me, our secondary is the weakest part of team (depth and experience included).

Also really like the Barrow and McGill option, dudes are a BEAST. Would fill in for Bowman's spot occasionally, and McGill has got that size Fangiao loves
Don't need two big receivers. We need one who can stretch the field like Moncrief and one who can work the slot and is quick like a Cooks, Beckham, Herron type.
Completely disagree on Benjimen! A 3rd WR will moly play 25-35% of our snaps but we've had 2years in a row end in the red zone. Our red zone offense is our weakest link. We settle for way to many FG's. At 6'6" 240 he reminds me nothing of Baldwin. He ran a 4.6 which at that size is adequate. He's faster then Crabtree or Aquanaut and he'd be the biggest WR in the league. He's bigger then many TE's. He's already caught one TD to secure a championship and we could give him another opportunity. Then kids arrow is pointing up. He got better as the year progressed. while not a finished product, crab, quan, Davis and Benjamin wailed give defenses nightmares
What if we don't resign Crabtree?
The only 2 slot guys I like are Beckham and Cooks. Lee scares me. All 3 I project to be gone at 30. Patton is better then the rest IMO
  • cools
  • Veteran
My mock similar, love the SEC and ACC!

1- WR Beckham, LSU *may have to give up a pick to move up to the 20th area, but i think he's worth it
2- CB J.Watkins, Florida * can play any DB position, great skills, size, speed and attitude
2b- *traded to move up for Beckham
3- S/CB T.Brooks, Florida St. * another guy who can play any DB spot
3- WR M.Bryant, Clemson, * Deep threat, red zone target
3- OC T.Swanson, Arkansas * backup to Kilgore, and may end up with job down the road
4- Undecided
5- Undecided
7- CB A.Colvin, Okla * red shirt till 2015
7- T.Millard, Okla *red shirt till 2015
7- *traded to move up for Colvin
7- WR/ST S.Patton, Florida *cause two Pattons are better then one, and he a very good speacial teamer, returning and in coverage
I agree on the concept, but I would alter this way:

Kyle Fuller CB. Probably have to trade up a little. I think he is the steal of the draft. Great instincts and athleticism and has slot cover experience.

Donte Moncrief WR Will have to get him here. He will take Boldin's spot eventually. It will serve him well to work behind Boldin and Crabtree his rookie year. Big, strong and fast. Will learn to play
with an edge with a little tutoring from Boldin.

Keith McGill CB More along the lines of Culliver. Good upside.

Dri Archer PR/KR/ Scat Back. I know this is a long shot. Just got a feeling he can at least be an effective returner. Even though he is little, he is tough and has natural skills. In time, he might
evolve into a guy, defenses have to account for when he comes in on offense.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM ]
My Mock up baby I would love for it to play out like this!!!

1. Wr - Odell Beckham Jr. 5'11" 200 - 4.38 - LSU
2. C - Marcus Martin - 6'3" 320 - USC
2. CB - Stanley Jean-Baptiste - 6'3 215 4.52 - Nebraska
3. DE - Kareem Martin - 6'6" 275 4.75 - UNC
3 - Traded to move up some to secure Odell Beckham in the first.
4. - WR/RB - De'Anthony Thomas - 5'9" 175 - 4.35 Oregon Pro Day reminds me of Retired 49er Dexter Carter.
5. - DT/NG - Anthony Johnson - 6'2½" 310 - LSU - He may not fall this far but I hope he does.
7th - RB - Isaiah Crowell - 5'11" 224 Alabama State - EX UGA Bulldawg was a phenom coming out of high school in Ga.
7th - QB - Stephen Morris - 6'1⅞" 213 - Miami (FL)
I would take that 5th rd pick and get a returner like Dri Archer or CB Aaron Colvin.

I would pass on a 3rd CB and get a safety instead.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
What if we don't resign Crabtree?

I'm on the side of the folks who say we probably won't. He'll be very expensive, considering his holdout in his rookie year. Now if we do resign him, not only will I be happy, but I'll be surprised as well.

As for how we draft, I think we're drafting at least 2 wrs in this years draft to address that question. Now, I don't think we should use a high round pick for his replacement, I think a mid round draft pick would be more appropriate, after all, there is still a chance he might resign with us. As for the first WR we draft, I think we really need that vertical deep threat WR. As much as I like Mike Evans, I think he's gone before the 10th pick and I think the best we can do without mortgaging our entire draft is moving up to 15th position in the first round.

5-trade for 2015 4th

6-trade for 2015 5th

Man do I like this draft..yeah boy!
I am torn on Benjiman in the 1st. Watching him i see drops and not a lot of NFL type routes being run. Then again, a guy like MOss just ran straight up the field his whole career so it can work. ALso our biggest need is redzone TD scoring. Bejiman SHOULD be able to line up wide and Kaep throw the ball as high as possible.

You can teach a WR to catch the ball better and run better routes, you cant teach size. So i would be OK taking him #30 if available. His upside could be huge!
I think it's a pretty good draft.

I think Stork can play both G positions as well as C so that would be a smart move.

Adding Watkins, Desir and McGill would completely bolster that position. But 3 may be over-kill based on having Cully, Brock and Morris.

Not completely sold on Benjamin BUT we need 2 WR in this draft. And it'd be a good move since we've all heard how deep in WR quality this draft is.
I've been saying every year for the past 3 years that the 9ers need to just bite the bullet and draft 3 WRs in one draft. You never know which ones are going to work and with all the picks we always have I'd rather give our team options. I want this WR problem solved and even though it seems extreme, I think over drafting the position is the best way to do it. And this year is a great year to do that.

So with that in mind, here's a mock draft I did using the fanspeak mock draft generator. I'm not sure how realistic it is, but I ended up all of my 3 favorite WRs as well as a CB and a SS I think could really help our secondary. And I threw in a KR upgrade as well.

WR MIKE EVANS
TEXAS A&M
CB STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA
WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE
S AHMAD DIXON
BAYLOR
WR DONTE MONCRIEF
OLE MISS
DT ANTHONY JOHNSON
LSU