LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

First attempt at a mock

I think Moncrief will have to be picked with our first or traded up for in the second...and I am okay with that.
Originally posted by Reckless:
1 -- Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Dennard and Gilbert will be gone. Best available and fits perfectly
Sounds like you wanted to go after a CB in round 1. To be honest, I don't like this approach very much.
However, I'd rather go for Verrett but Fuller is ok.

2 -- Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Good size, good hands, solid speed. After this year no guarantee Boldin will return
Like another poster has already said, Landry seems to be Boldin-clone, relatively slow but sure-handed and always helpful. I like him but given our pressing need for a fast WR who can step in immediately, I don't like it very much.
I also think that it is a little bit too high for him.
But would not hate it either.

2 -- Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
Im high on him. He fills a need. He had an up and down season and with NFL training he could become a well balanced C.
Besides that we will start Kilgore at Center, I'd rather go for Marcus Martin from USC who also played at Guard. And I would try to get either of them in round 3.

3 -- Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
Fans are so quick to assume Bowman will come back fine. Bowmans identity is speed. With the injury its not set it in stone he'll return to form. Borland is a thumper and tackles well. Good insurance policy.
I wouldn't label Borland as fast. And if you really want to go after a LB, I would prefer an OLB.

3 -- E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri
I couldn't watch a football show or ESPN without seeing this guy make plays. Corner is a huge need and this guy is a play maker
Ok but would rather try to get Philip Gaines or Walt Aikens in round 4.

4 -- Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford
An above average coverage safety. Good value imo. The more secondary we have the better. The INTs arent there but his instincts are above average
ok.

5 -- T.J. Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Huge ND fan. He was very under rated in the college football landscape. He really has a special ability to get open. And he has the ability to get open right off his first move that would be beneficial to Kaep
fills a need.

6 -- Will Clarke, 3-4 DE, West Virginia
Good value. Adds depth and i think is a perfect spell on either side
would be a huge steal here.
Would like to see us move up for the best corner in the draft D. Dennard then move up again for M. Lee then go J. Landry-K. McGill-C. Borland-E. Stinson then go O-line for depth and safety prospect
Share 49ersWebzone