LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Post FA Mock

Now that we're pretty much done with any significant additions in FA, let's have at it.

1) DE Ra'Shede Hageman - Minnesota

2A) WR Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt

2B) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson

3A) CB Stanley Jean Baptiste - Nebraska

3B) WR Robert Herron - Wyoming

4A) OG Cyril Richardson - Baylor

4B) ILB Max Bullough - Michigan State

5) QB Logan Thomas - Virginia Tech

7A) FB/HB Trey Millard - Oklahoma

7B) OT Cameron Fleming - Stanford

7C) RB Isaiah Crowell - Alabama State
Not bad.
I hope Mathews falls to us in round 2. I would grab him and Moncrief in round 2 if we could.
Not sold on OT Fleming in round 7. Just don't see a roster spot for him and I hate watching other teams snatch up our picks before we can put them on the PS. rather take G Spencer Long for the pup list.

Would be very happy if the draft worked out like this.
we're not taking a DL in round one. we're going to probably trade up for a CB and then take a WR in round 2 since that position group is so stacked.
I'm not saying it will never happen, but I see a ton of mocks (not just here) going NT or DE in the 1st round.

Our current DL depth chart has five roster locks on a 53 man roster that rarely carries more than six DL, seven at most.

Justin Smith
Ray McDonald
Ian Williams
Glenn Dorsey
Tank Carradine

Then we have three guys competing for the last couple of spots
Quinton Dial
TJE
Demarcus Dobbs

In the end I think the top of the DL depth chart is solid and we don't need to burn an early pick . . . . unless an absolute no-brainer blue chip player slips to within range.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm not saying it will never happen, but I see a ton of mocks (not just here) going NT or DE in the 1st round.

Our current DL depth chart has five roster locks on a 53 man roster that rarely carries more than six DL, seven at most.

Justin Smith
Ray McDonald
Ian Williams
Glenn Dorsey
Tank Carradine

Then we have three guys competing for the last couple of spots
Quinton Dial
TJE
Demarcus Dobbs

In the end I think the top of the DL depth chart is solid and we don't need to burn an early pick . . . . unless an absolute no-brainer blue chip player slips to within range.

Is Hageman and absolute no brainer blue chip player? Is there one in the draft that you would pick if they fell to our spot?
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
Now that we're pretty much done with any significant additions in FA, let's have at it.

1) DE Ra'Shede Hageman - Minnesota

2A) WR Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt

2B) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson

3A) CB Stanley Jean Baptiste - Nebraska

3B) WR Robert Herron - Wyoming

4A) OG Cyril Richardson - Baylor

4B) ILB Max Bullough - Michigan State

5) QB Logan Thomas - Virginia Tech

7A) FB/HB Trey Millard - Oklahoma

7B) OT Cameron Fleming - Stanford

7C) RB Isaiah Crowell - Alabama State

I don't know if we would pick these exact players or not at the draft, but it certainly covers our need list with some reasonable players.
I like it...for those who think Baalke wouldn't pull the trigger on a DL, think again. He could very well go BPA, and if he and Harbaugh believe that's Hageman or Tuitt, bingo. While Carradine will get his shot to show his stuff, the future of Dorsey, Williams, TJE and Dobbs is uncertain. Some may be re-signed, some not. At any rate, taking one of a handful of real stud DL isn't a bad thing to do at all...it fits the kind of thing Baalke likes to do...draft for the present AND the future.
Share 49ersWebzone