There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Glory's ULTIMATE post combine 2014 draft (just through 5 rounds)

Ok Guys & Gals, I've hit the jackpot. I've created the perfect draft for us! All of these guys meets Baalke's length criteria lolz and they are athletic specimens with plenty of upside! Most of the descriptions came straight from the nfl combine site haha. And I based the selection off of AB's post combine big board.

1. (30) WR Odell Beckham Jr., LSU, 5'11, 194 lbs, 32.9 inch arms, 10.0 inch hands, 4.43 speed, explosive player with an almost 40 inch vertical, top performer in the 30 & 60 yd shuttle drill. This dude will be our future slot guy, we'll put him in motion and have him drive the Seattle linebackers and Kam Chancellor crazy.

2. (40) WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt, (traded 56th & 94th to move up and select this stud), 6'3, 215 lbs, 33.3 inch arms, 10.45 inch hands, 4.46 speed, 21 reps bench, has all the intangibles, versatile receiver, will make an impact right away. Will easily replace Crabs or Boldin when their time comes.

2. (61) SS Deon Buchannon, Washington State, 6'1, 210 lbs, 32.45 inch arms, 9.9 inch hands, 4.49 speed, top performer at combine in 40, bench, vertical and broad. Dashon Goldson 2.0. Big and aggressive hitter. He'll learn under Bethea, will eventually team up with Reid to create one of the best safety tandems in the league.

3. (77) CB Rashaad Reynolds, Oregon State, 5'10, 190 lbs, 31.75 inch arms, 9.9 inch hands, 4.51 speed, good vertical and broad jump, 20 reps bench. He'll be our nickel back, to cover the slot. Extremely fluid play maker with top tier football IQ. He'll be the steal of the draft.

3. (comp) CB/SS Antone Exum, Virginia Tech, 6'1, 215 lbs, 4.59 speed, this dude is a physical specimen, the Anquan Boldin of the secondary, very fluid athlete, can play CB or safety, his versatility will come in handy

4. (125) DT Deandre Coleman, Cal, 6'5, 315 lbs, 34.5 inch arms, 10.3 inch hands, meet the immovable run stuffing object - can be be our anchor with ease. easily holds ground against double teams.

5. (158) TE Crockett Gilmore, Colorado State, 6'6, 260 lbs, 33.75 inch arms, 10.4 inch hands, top performer in vertical and broad jump = explosive! loves to block and catch in a crowd. Soft hands and a natural pass catcher. He'll be a huge red zone threat for us!
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Mar 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM ]
Sign me up. Would love to trade up in the 1st for a premium WR or CB, but this draft would be huge. You've loaded up on talent at WR and DB and put us in a situation where Crab's impending free agency isn't nearly as scary.
Not perfect, but damn good. Nice mock.
Kilgore is a complete "?".

Justin Smith is talking about retirement.

Iupati is going to be a free agent.

Dorsey will be a free agent too.

Line wins games.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Kilgore is a complete "?".

Justin Smith is talking about retirement.

Iupati is going to be a free agent.

Dorsey will be a free agent too.

Line wins games.

Cosign.

Get Stephon Tuitt!
I like getting 2 WR maybe not w/first 2 picks BUT I feel we should get 2 WR within 1-3 rounds.

I like the players you selected. Reynolds and Exum would be sweet.
I wouldn't mind that draft at all, but those seem to be high picks in all of the rounds and we are at the bottom!

I really think mine is pretty good range of what will be around, minus trades of course. Mocks kill me due to the time we put into them, to have the domino effect and trades make it wayyyy off!!

1. DB= D. Dennard (trade with Cincy)
2. WR= Donte Moncrief (Here is your size and speed)
2. DB= Stanley Jean Baptiste (Here is size)
3. DE= Dominique Easley (Here is.. line win games)
3. C= Travis Swanson (Here is Kilgore???)
4. ILB= Shane Skov (Here is Bowman's help)
5. S= Ahmad Dixon (Here is depth)
7. FB/TE= Tre Millard (Here is Delanie Walker 2.0)
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
I wouldn't mind that draft at all, but those seem to be high picks in all of the rounds and we are at the bottom!

I really think mine is pretty good range of what will be around, minus trades of course. Mocks kill me due to the time we put into them, to have the domino effect and trades make it wayyyy off!!

Travis Samsonite (or Marcus Martin for that matter) would be amazing picks at the end of the 3rd round, and I hope it happens. They both would have a decent shot of beating out Kilgore IMO.
With the immediate need at safety gone I would probably pass on a safety in round 2 not that I don't like the pick but I would go after a CB like Stanley Jean-Baptiste or Jaylen Watkins there. You can get good safties for depth later like Loston or Bailey.

Not sold on Coleman in the 4th round. We already have 3 players who can play NT. We have Dial from last years draft coming in who was drafted at 318lbs and can play the nose if we need a run stuffer. Would prefer some O-line depth like Marcus Martin at Center. We have no true back up center. he could provide depth at center and also at guard.

Love it. We need to draft 2 stud WRs, love both u have picked. If you're gonna pay Kap, get him some horses on the outside
1. CB Kyle Fuller
2. WR Donte Moncrief
2. SS Deon Buchannon
3. WR Martavis Bryant
3. CB Keith McGill
4. WR Dri Archer
5. FB JC Copeland
6. Traded with 1st to get Fuller
7. QB David Fales

No DL or OL. We have enough for this year. Get as many darts (DB's & WR's) as possible. 1 or 2 will hit the bulls eye. Then we can concentrate on bolstering the line of scrimmage next year.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Mar 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Ok Guys & Gals, I've hit the jackpot. I've created the perfect draft for us! All of these guys meets Baalke's length criteria lolz and they are athletic specimens with plenty of upside! Most of the descriptions came straight from the nfl combine site haha. And I based the selection off of AB's post combine big board.

1. (30) WR Odell Beckham Jr., LSU, 5'11, 194 lbs, 32.9 inch arms, 10.0 inch hands, 4.43 speed, explosive player with an almost 40 inch vertical, top performer in the 30 & 60 yd shuttle drill. This dude will be our future slot guy, we'll put him in motion and have him drive the Seattle linebackers and Kam Chancellor crazy.

2. (40) WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt, (traded 56th & 94th to move up and select this stud), 6'3, 215 lbs, 33.3 inch arms, 10.45 inch hands, 4.46 speed, 21 reps bench, has all the intangibles, versatile receiver, will make an impact right away. Will easily replace Crabs or Boldin when their time comes.

2. (61) SS Deon Buchannon, Washington State, 6'1, 210 lbs, 32.45 inch arms, 9.9 inch hands, 4.49 speed, top performer at combine in 40, bench, vertical and broad. Dashon Goldson 2.0. Big and aggressive hitter. He'll learn under Bethea, will eventually team up with Reid to create one of the best safety tandems in the league.

3. (77) CB Rashaad Reynolds, Oregon State, 5'10, 190 lbs, 31.75 inch arms, 9.9 inch hands, 4.51 speed, good vertical and broad jump, 20 reps bench. He'll be our nickel back, to cover the slot. Extremely fluid play maker with top tier football IQ. He'll be the steal of the draft.

3. (comp) CB/SS Antone Exum, Virginia Tech, 6'1, 215 lbs, 4.59 speed, this dude is a physical specimen, the Anquan Boldin of the secondary, very fluid athlete, can play CB or safety, his versatility will come in handy

4. (125) DT Deandre Coleman, Cal, 6'5, 315 lbs, 34.5 inch arms, 10.3 inch hands, meet the immovable run stuffing object - can be be our anchor with ease. easily holds ground against double teams.

5. (158) TE Crockett Gilmore, Colorado State, 6'6, 260 lbs, 33.75 inch arms, 10.4 inch hands, top performer in vertical and broad jump = explosive! loves to block and catch in a crowd. Soft hands and a natural pass catcher. He'll be a huge red zone threat for us!

Don't see it that way-not when there are holes/question marks at the CB position. Can't see the niners spending its first two picks on wr who won't see the field much, if at all. Neither will beat out crabs or boldin, plus those two have Kaeps trust.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
1. CB Kyle Fuller
2. WR Donte Moncrief
2. SS Deon Buchannon
3. WR Martavis Bryant
3. CB Keith McGill
4. WR Dri Archer
5. FB JC Copeland
7. QB David Fales

No DL or OL. We have enough for this year. Get as many darts (DB's & WR's) as possible. 1 or 2 will hit the bulls eye. Then we can concentrate on bolstering the line of scrimmage next year.

Not saying I like the wr pick of Moncrief, but yours is one of the more sensible well rounded drafts. I do agree about the shotgun approach, but would not go draft 3 wr, that is too much. I have a hunch, because this is supposed to be a deep draft, Baalke will trade a third or 4th for a pick that is one round higher in the next draft to continue having multiple picks in at least one of the top three rounds. Hell, maybe one of the second rounders go for either a first or 2nd and third next year with a perrenial loser like.....(fill in the blank with your choice.)
Originally posted by fortyniner52:

Uh-if you trade with Cincy-one of those picks will have to be forked over. I would also replace Martavious with Easley or Swanson.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
1. CB Kyle Fuller
2. WR Donte Moncrief
2. SS Deon Buchannon
3. WR Martavis Bryant
3. CB Keith McGill
4. WR Dri Archer
5. FB JC Copeland
7. QB David Fales

Not saying I like the wr pick of Moncrief, but yours is one of the more sensible well rounded drafts. I do agree about the shotgun approach, but would not go draft 3 wr, that is too much. I have a hunch, because this is supposed to be a deep draft, Baalke will trade a third or 4th for a pick that is one round higher in the next draft to continue having multiple picks in at least one of the top three rounds. Hell, maybe one of the second rounders go for either a first or 2nd and third next year with a perrenial loser like.....(fill in the blank with your choice.)

I think you may be right on us acquiring upgraded picks for next year. I do believe we need to pick at least 2 WR's though. My selection of Dri Archer is more of a special teams returner selection, although, he may be able to be used in various passing schemes out of the backfield or in bubble screens, fly sweeps,etc.