There are 208 users in the forums

Kiper mocks Mack to Texans at #1,

Kiper mocked Kahlil Mack from Buffalo to the Texans at #1. It's an interesting pick. He's a quick twitch power rusher with 4.4 speed and actually performed in his last season unlike Clowney. Clowney is the specimen but historically that amounts to nothing. Mack has the tools and the will. I like the pick. What do you guys think?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
his and everyones mock will change about 4,596,528,412 times before draft day.
Originally posted by Amir:

this. McShay and Kiper always try to go for the mocks just to get traction. then when they release the final mocks, they all end up looking the same.

would that said, Mack is a beast of a pass rusher and is known to put in the work, unlike Clowney. but Clowney just has that freakish athletic ability and size. i'd honestly go Mack over Clowney if i was picking just because I'd be worried about Clowney's work ethic.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
this. McShay and Kiper always try to go for the mocks just to get traction. then when they release the final mocks, they all end up looking the same.

would that said, Mack is a beast of a pass rusher and is known to put in the work, unlike Clowney. but Clowney just has that freakish athletic ability and size. i'd honestly go Mack over Clowney if i was picking just because I'd be worried about Clowney's work ethic.

Mack is freak too though. I mean 4.4 speed in 6'3 250 frame. He's rocked up too. Clowney lacked the work ethic to learn how actually play his position in college. Mack knows multiple moves and he has the technique to work a tackle throughout the game. With that said Clowney is a freak. I think our 99 is better though and he wasn't a #1 pick.
Originally posted by Amir:

I know. I just thought the idea of Mack going ahead of Clowney was interesting.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Kiper mocked Kahlil Mack from Buffalo to the Texans at #1. It's an interesting pick. He's a quick twitch power rusher with 4.4 speed and actually performed in his last season unlike Clowney. Clowney is the specimen but historically that amounts to nothing. Mack has the tools and the will. I like the pick. What do you guys think?

Mack was never tripled team or game planned for like Clowney. Great player but isnt on the same level as Clowney.
Clowney is way overrated. Bout time ESPN gets off his jock.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Clowney is way overrated. Bout time ESPN gets off his jock.

clowney is zonda driven by an old chinese lady.
Clowney is way overrated.

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 15, 2014 at 1:49 AM ]
Kiper mocked Kahlil Mack from Buffalo to the Texans at #1. It's an interesting pick. He's a quick twitch power rusher with 4.4 speed

He ran a 4.65 at the combine. He doesn't have 4.4 speed. You're thinking of Donte Moncrief.

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Clowney is way overrated.

HELLLOOOOOOO
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Plus when you do 100 different mocks and change them up every time you can say after their pick "I at one point had ___ going with ____." So if he has the Texans picking Bridgewater in one, Manziel in another, Bortles in another, Clowney in another, Barr, Mack, etc he can say after their pick I at one point had the Texans taking ___ (whoever they pick) so he justifies himself as being right.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 15, 2014 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Kiper mocked Kahlil Mack from Buffalo to the Texans at #1. It's an interesting pick. He's a quick twitch power rusher with 4.4 speed

He ran a 4.65 at the combine. He doesn't have 4.4 speed. You're thinking of Donte Moncrief.

Wrong. He ran a 4.44 at his proday.

Pro day times are completely unreliable. They're hand-timed, whereas the combine is done electronically. And there are other factors like running outside VS inside, especially fast surfaces, etc.

The combine makes everything uniform, so they're the only times worth citing in order to compare one guy's time to another guy's. A guy doesn't get 2 tenths faster in a matter of a few weeks.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 15, 2014 at 10:21 PM ]

Wrong - he ran an unofficial 4.54 at his pro day. One scout times him at 4.45 but the consensus was 4.53-4.55. Anthony Barr ran in the 4.4's at UCLA's pro day and was timed at 4.44 so that is probably who you are thinking of. You should really only compare combine times because pro day times are sometimes suspiciously fast and people immediately publish articles based on one scout's time even when it's not accurate. The 4.54 for Mack was expected based on his combine time so I still consider him slower than Clowney. Barr showed that he is faster than his combine time which a lot of people thought anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone