There are 237 users in the forums

Oh F*** it

from the thread title though this was going to be the annual bring back TO thread.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithc28:
How much would it cost to get Clowney? Our first 3 picks maybe?

This is what I want.

It would take the 49ers' entire draft & their entire draft next year & probably more than that. Or they'd have to trade Colin Kaepernick to get a pick that high. It'd be essentially impossible to move up from 30 to the top 3.

But I agree; the image of Clowney & Aldon on the field at the same time would give QBs nightmares. That said, Clowney & JJ Watt would give similar nightmares, and the Texans would be really stupid to leave a potential HOF pass rusher on the board.

...again (see Julius Peppers).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by smithc28:
How much would it cost to get Clowney? Our first 3 picks maybe?

This is what I want.

It would take the 49ers' entire draft & their entire draft next year & probably more than that. Or they'd have to trade Colin Kaepernick to get a pick that high. It'd be essentially impossible to move up from 30 to the top 3.

But I agree; the image of Clowney & Aldon on the field at the same time would give QBs nightmares. That said, Clowney & JJ Watt would give similar nightmares, and the Texans would be really stupid to leave a potential HOF pass rusher on the board.

...again (see Julius Peppers).

Hall of fame. Hahahaaha. He had 3 sacks last year. 3...... Always with his hands on his hips, always tired and always injured and always taking plays off. He's no guarantee for the Hall of fame.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Hall of fame. Hahahaaha. He had 3 sacks last year. 3...... Always with his hands on his hips, always tired and always injured and always taking plays off. He's no guarantee for the Hall of fame.

Who guaranteed Clowney to be in the hall of fame?

Potential: possible, as opposed to actual: the potential uses of nuclear energy. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/potential?s=t

I'm assuming you didn't watch Clowney this year & just looked at his stats sheet. He was "sick" (hung over) his first game of the season when people started talking about his conditioning. He knew he was gonna be a top 5 pick, so he spent the year partying. But even in that first game he absolutely dominated the people blocking him, and the QB ran away whenever Clowney got anywhere in the vicinity of him.

A 266 pound guy who can run a 4.53 40 yard dash is in plenty good shape. Ziggy Anzah had 4.5 sacks his entire (albeit short) college career, and he still went 5th overall. And the Dolphins wish they had him right about now.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Mar 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM ]
How much would it cost to get Clowney ? TOOMUCKINFUTCH
Share 49ersWebzone