LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 170 users in the forums

Who are the best deep threat options at wide receiver?

Originally posted by tohara3:
I want Moncrief and Bryant
Me 2 this would be deadly speed and height, a deadly combination Balke are you listening to the Zoners?
You want speed and quickness-then cook. Size and someone to develope then Martavius.

The wr free agent signings have been slow, a lot of people are going defense in free agency, alot of CB and Safetys are finding new homes and I think this will afect the draft. Perhaps a lot of teams will go wr in the draft. I think the niners go corner, one of the top two corners could drop into a range that Baalke might be willing to move up to. Especially if there is a run on wr. All you need is a willing partner who over thinks things and makes a mistake like Dallas.

The reason I am thinking the niners take corner first, is that a cb will play more and is needed more. There is no guarentees about Culliver and you can always use 3 good CB. Where as wr, we are set as far as starters go. Yes, Crabtree will be gone after this year, his replacement will be Patton if he turns out okay. The forth wr will not get on the field much, so they will be learning.

If things fall right, the niners have enough fire power to possibly get either Denard or Gilbert and I daresay cook and Martavius. Slim, but if the cards fall right....
Marquise Lee still getting overlooked.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

Well a lot of teams sure don't want to tip their hand. I think there is going to be a run on wr because the fa market for the wr position has been slowly, many like the patriot will gunning for a wr if not D
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

He's really not man. He's pretty clearly the 3rd rated WR in the draft to me, and I see no scenario where he drops out of the top 25, much less the 1st round. He may not be getting as much hype as Watkins, Evans or even Cooks, but he's not overlooked.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lee will go in the top 20.
Martavious Bryant, Odell Beckham or Brandin Cooks
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I want Moncrief and Bryant
Me 2 this would be deadly speed and height, a deadly combination Balke are you listening to the Zoners?

I'm in!
Would love to develop someone like Martavious, but have we proven that we can develop WRs? Not so sure we can take that chance given our track record.
Baalke and Harbaugh really like Evans...and why not. 6-5, 230 and ran a 4.47. You get a guy who can keep the chains moving, be a RZ target and with enough speed to outrun the secondary. But, he'd be costly...in terms of picks to give up to get to him. Moncrief's also got great size 6-3 @ 225 and ran a 4.40...dude's got terrific athleticism, too. I also like Matthews...not as big as Moncrief, 6-3 @ 205, but could add some muscle. He was very productive at Vandy, establishing himself as the all-time SEC receiving leader. The fact he's got arguably the best work ethic of any receiver coming out is impressive. Methinks being Jerry Rice's cousin's got a lot to do with it.

Then, you've got some smaller guys like Cooks, Herron etc. Sure hoping we can sign Edelman and there's our slot guy plus a whole lot more that he brings to the field. Lots of options and lots of picks, so it'll be fun to watch Baalke do his thing and get Harbaugh some more speed/explosiveness on offense.

Paul Richardson
Benjamin and Bryant! Our version of Jeffrey and Marshall
Share 49ersWebzone