LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Who are the best deep threat options at wide receiver?

It's clear to me that we have two major needs to fill in this draft and that is a legitimate deep threat to stretch the field and a solid #1 CB preferably with some size to line up against some of the bigger receivers in the endzone.

My favorite option would be Mike Evans and if he slipped to 15 I'd hope we would trade up for him or CB Justin Gilbert.
I want us to come out of this draft with a future pro bowl CB and WR.
My question to you guys is what are our options in free agency?
Who would you be willing to move up for in the first round for and how far up would we have to go to get him?
Who are our 2nd day options?
3d day fliers?
Are there any Tight Ends that we could target with more speed and better hands than Vance?
Obviously Watkins is the best WR and will most likely go top 10 and out of our trade range. The only wide out i see worth trading up for in the first round is Mike Evans. He is not the fastest but hes the outside threat we need for the red zone and someone Kaepernick could throw open. He's a lot like Vincent Jackson and would be our best jump ball guy that could learn from Boldin. I know we have Crabs and Boldin back for the full year but Evans would be a great insurance policy if we were unable to resign Crabtree.

Donte Moncrief seems like the best option as far as a speed and size combo that could be had in the 2nd round.
I also like Jordan Matthews a lot but feel he isnt enough of a deep threat but the receiver i want the most after Watkins and Evans.
Martavias Bryant has a nice combination of size and seep and should be a 3-4th round pick from what Ive read. Does anyone here feel like he could be the answer?
Dri Archer is someone I want us to draft for special teams alonea
-Martavious Bryant
-Odell Beckham Jr.
-Brandin Cooks
-Jared Abbrederis
-Moncrief
-Watkins

That'll get you started
I want COOKS!!
i dont think kaepernick is precise and accurate enough to capatalize on the speed of a smaller receiver and would benefit from having someone with a bigger catch radius, can win the jump balls, the fade and back shoulder throws, and that would be esir tothrow open
Anyone who has seen my posts recently knows that I'm a big proponent of drafting. Moncrief. I really think that is the way to go.
Would love to have Mike Evans in the first, Donte Moncrief and Jean-Baptiste in the second.
I want Moncrief and Bryant
I vote move up for Evans if he gets to 15. Otherwise the next 2 best height speed combination guys are Moncrief and Martavias Bryant whom I hope will be available in the 3d. Jordan Matthews is my 3d favorite wide out in this draft behind Evans and Watkins but he doesnt have enough deep speed to take the top off of a defense, does he?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
-Martavious Bryant
-Odell Beckham Jr.
-Brandin Cooks
-Jared Abbrederis
-Moncrief
-Watkins

That'll get you started

+ Robert Herron

Mike Evans!

Natural ball skills. Physical, big, athletic and he has the ability to high point the football and catch it fluidity. He may not burn you, but he can certainly jump over you.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I want Moncrief and Bryant

I agree 100%
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I want COOKS!!

Ditto.
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I want COOKS!!

Ditto.

IDK any other WR that has accomplished more with less than Cooks = WANT
  • pfizz