LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

drafting a replacement for crabs

Crabtree is a great receiver who has great hands and route running skills, he will ask for a lot lot of money which we may or may not be willing to give him. The niners window to win the sb is a few years. I think this draft we need to go big and grab Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans is the guy i think we might move up to get.
Originally posted by regulator530:
Crabtree is a great receiver who has great hands and route running skills, he will ask for a lot lot of money which we may or may not be willing to give him. The niners window to win the sb is a few years. I think this draft we need to go big and grab Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans is the guy i think we might move up to get.

I didn't know Crabtree left?
(tag sarcasm)

We take care of our own, that is proven this offseason.
Crabs is a staple in our offense, he won't leave.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM ]
Evans is my number 1 WR in the draft. I would be stoked if we traded up to get him.

I sill think Crabtree will be re-signed though.
I really HOPE we can resing Crabbs BUT it'd be very smart to prepare for the worst.

Also, he has an injury history and was VERY difficult to sign coming out of the draft - not good signs.
Every year teams overpay for 9er players given their overall success. Goldson, Walker, Soap, and Whitner are prime examples. Crabtree wants to get paid and will as long as he stays healthy. I highly doubt he takes less to stay here after his rookie fiasco. Mathews, Moncrief, Robinson, and Landry are some guys that could help replace Crabs in a year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This is my favorite GIF ever. I keep staring at it expecting Christian Bale to break first.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Evans is my number 1 WR in the draft. I would be stoked if we traded up to get him.

I sill think Crabtree will be re-signed though.

he's my #4/5
Donte Moncrief.. let him be the #4 receiver this year. Next year if you lose Crabs he steps in, but in 2 years when we do lose Boldin he def will step in.
Originally posted by wailers15:
he's my #4/5

Not including Watkins since I think he'll go top 5 mine are Evans, Cooks, Lee, Beckham, Moncrief. Robinson, Landry, Adams, Matthews, Herron, Benjamin after that.

No. Crabs is Kaeps guy like Cutler with Marshall. Theres somthing there even though it may have cost us a SB and rival NFC game Im happy to see Kaep having "Pure" trust in him
If the organization pays Kap, they better pay Crabtree. The best combo we've had since Garcia to TO
Originally posted by Since07:
No. Crabs is Kaeps guy like Cutler with Marshall. Theres somthing there even though it may have cost us a SB and rival NFC game Im happy to see Kaep having "Pure" trust in him

Boldin did a good job of being that guy. I think if we can have him around to develop Patton and the WR we draft we will be in good shape. By that time Kaep will probably be better at spreading the ball around as well. I hope we get someone over 6'1" that can actually play or a true speedster
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by regulator530:

I didn't know Crabtree left?
(tag sarcasm)

We take care of our own, that is proven this offseason.
Crabs is a staple in our offense, he won't leave.

There is a salary cap. We can only take care of so many people. Last year Walker and Gold son were too expensive. This year so far it's Whitner. Next year???

My guess Iupati goes.
Aldon stays if he behaves.
Crabtree is a question mark. Depends on how well Patton develops. If Boldin is still productive. And how good are the rookies that they draft.
We need someone different. Boldin is like Crabs, Patton is a question mark, but could be seen as a Crab and Boldin type guy. So I think we need someone different.
Share 49ersWebzone