LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

2 Needs and 11 picks, who do they trade up for CB, WR, etc?

2 Needs and 11 picks, who do they trade up for CB, WR, etc?

Needs/
WR
CB
DL
OG
QB
SS
trade one of our 2nds with our first this year and 3d next year to move up for Dennard or Gilbert for cbs or Evans for WR, then in 2nd if we got Gilbert or Denard we draft Moncrief or Jordan Matthews in the 2nd or 3d. If we got Mike Evans we snag either Roby, Fuller, Watkins, Verret, or McGill. And then somewhere down the line id like to see us get Dri Archer, TE Colt Lyeria, in the later rounds.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I still like Marquise Lee. This years Keenan Allen. People forgot him because he didn't run a 4.3 and he was nicked up last year.
you hit ti on the HeAD ;NICKED UP,No like Lee because He is injury prone.

Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I would hope they trade up for both and get:

1st Justin Gilbert
2nd O'dell Beckham

cool
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
If Dennard falls to 19 trade up and pick him there if we can (we already pulled off one trade with Miami ). Then find a way to get Moncrief in round two and I would be thrilled.

Dennard and Moncrief would be sweet.

as Macho Man used to say,OOH YEAH !

SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM! !!
1st Brandin Cooks
2nd- Kyle Fuller/ Jason Verrett/ Stanley Jean Baptiste
Gilbert and moncreif
If Dennard falls to 19 trade up and pick him there if we can (we already pulled off one trade with Miami ). Then find a way to get Moncrief in round two and I would be thrilled.

Dennard and Moncrief would be sweet.

I'm glad you like it. When I get around to doing a mock draft they will probably be my first two picks ( just a preview lol ).

I like Moncrief in round 2 and maybe Landry in round 3 if he is still available or Martavis Bryant. There are good 2nd corners we can get late in round 3 or rounds 4 or 5. I would also love to see a talented SS to develop like a Bailey or Loston we can draft later. Add a return man and we are pretty good to go. The rest is gravy.
I agree. I think SS is more important to address early because the SS pool in thinner than CB and WR. I could see us trading up to 24-21 to pick up a SS. Same as last year. I know we addressed this in free agency it is still issue because we a so thin.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Gilbert and moncreif
FTW!
  • buck
  • Veteran
How much would you be willing to give to trade up for Sammy Watkins or Justin Gilbert.

Tampa Bay only has five picks in the entire draft and Baltimore only has four.

Tampa picks 7th and Baltimore picks 17th.

If Justin Gilbert is still on the board when Baltimore picks, we could get him.

If Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans is on the board when Tampa picks, we could move up but it would mean giving up a lot in this years draft, and a pick, a 2nd most likely, in next years draft.

When I look at what we have been doing in free agency, I get the impression Baalke and company are looking to make a big trade.
Originally posted by buck:
How much would you be willing to give to trade up for Sammy Watkins or Justin Gilbert.

If Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans is on the board when Tampa picks, we could move up but it would mean giving up a lot in this years draft, and a pick, a 2nd most likely, in next years draft.

When I look at what we have been doing in free agency, I get the impression Baalke and company are looking to make a big trade.

You're talking about giving up 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders at MINIMUM to move up that far.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:

You're talking about giving up 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders at MINIMUM to move up that far.

Tampa Bay might be willing to take our first, 2nd, and our third from Tennessee in this draft and a 2nd in 2015.

Their 7th round pick is worth 1,500 points.

They only have 5 picks this year. Three high picks in this draft and a 2nd next year might do the trick.

SF-- 620
SF-- 292
2015 2nd--292
SF (Ten)--205
Total (more or less)--1409

But, you are most likely right.

Last year, we moved up 13 spots from 31 to 18 by bundling pick #31 and pick #74.

Moving up to pick #7 from pick # 30 is 23 spots.

It seems that a second round pick this year and a second round pick next year should be worth 10 spots.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM ]

Key Needs:
#1 CB....... (+/- returner) (long term starter)
#2 WR....... (deep threat +/- returner) (key player for 2014)
#3 DE....... (starters Smith & McDonald are 35 and 30 y/o, need starter for 2015 or 2016)

Other Needs:
#4 S.......... (draft a developmental S to start in 2015 or 2016)
#5 C/G...... (need to develop a starter for 2015)
#6 RB....... (we are run first, and need to replace Gore in 2015)
#7 WR....... (draft another developmental WR)
#8 OLB...... (Brooks is 30 y/o, need to replace him soon)
[ Edited by maxsmart on Mar 14, 2014 at 2:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone