LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

2 Needs and 11 picks, who do they trade up for CB, WR, etc?

2 Needs and 11 picks, who do they trade up for CB, WR, etc?

Originally posted by bdiddy1724:
The draft isn't all about this year. With all the free agents next year we need to think ahead. Aldon, kap, crab, gore, iupati, culliver, hunter, Dorsey all free agents after the season. Pretty good chance they are all not back next season. So with that said is it worth trading up for 1 player when you can stay put still get a good wr and
[b]maybe draft iupati replacement in the second round?

this wouldn't shock me, especially if an elite prospect fell to the 2nd round
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Mar 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM ]
Really think they need to draft a press corner. I think this a chance to get a better at a position of need. There's too many 1st round CBs to not reach for one. Reid and Roby could become the foundation of the post-Brown, Goldson, Whitner, Rogers secondary. And if Brock, Cully, and Wright continue to progress than that's all the better. I fill more confidant in the FO's ability to scout a DB after Reid so this is there chance to pick up a valuable press man corner. The position is so important in this system
Really good post.

You forgot Wilhoite in the resigning's.

If we trade up, I'm thinking #15-22 range. I'm hoping a "Reid" quality type player.

We really NEED a WR, actually 2 WR.

I'm seriously thinking we may trade back because it's a deep draft in our positions of "big" needs. I could see us trading back 10 picks - depending on what we get in the horse-trading. I'd like Montcrief, Buchannon and the list goes on.

I love how Trent/JH are continually building the team.

Getting Gabbert, Martin for 7, 6th round picks is excellent.
Originally posted by bdiddy1724:
The draft isn't all about this year. With all the free agents next year we need to think ahead. Aldon, kap, crab, gore, iupati, culliver, hunter, Dorsey all free agents after the season. Pretty good chance they are all not back next season. So with that said is it worth trading up for 1 player when you can stay put still get a good wr and maybe draft iupati replacement in the second round?

In my opinion that is why I feel we need to look into the now
So how many picks to we have left?
Moncrief and Gilbert FTW!
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I still like Marquise Lee. This years Keenan Allen. People forgot him because he didn't run a 4.3 and he was nicked up last year.
you hit ti on the HeAD ;NICKED UP,No like Lee because He is injury prone.
I still like Marquise Lee. This years Keenan Allen. People forgot him because he didn't run a 4.3 and he was nicked up last year.

I would hope they trade up for both and get:

1st Justin Gilbert
2nd O'dell Beckham

cool

I would hope they trade up for both and get:

1st Justin Gilbert
2nd O'dell Beckham

cool
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
If Dennard falls to 19 trade up and pick him there if we can (we already pulled off one trade with Miami ). Then find a way to get Moncrief in round two and I would be thrilled.

Dennard and Moncrief would be sweet.

as Macho Man used to say,OOH YEAH !
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
CB is the biggest need by far although the WZers always want a WR. We signed Boldin. We have Crabtree and Davis. We have enough weapons. Anything more is a big luxury but not needed. We have a big hole to fill at CB. We absolutely need to get a good one in this draft.

Thats because we WZers have VISION for the future.....Not just for the NOW moment ....I would be disappointed IF the 9ers did not draft 2 WRS for the future:any of these combination of the 2 will do just fine:Beckham,Matthews,Moncreif,Bryant,Cooks,Landry,Benjammin.....LOOK these are replacement for when and if crabtree leaves.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I see more major needs than two, although the two you listed are the most glaring.

The team has no idea what it has at center and running back. Does the team have enough confidence that Lattimore will be more than a rotational back, and that the young interior lineman can take over for Goodwin, who is expected to not be back.

Is Carradine a player the team sees as a future starter, since Cowboy and McDonald are about finished? Is the team truly set at NT, or simply rotating bodies?

And, when will Bowman come back? If he misses 2014, the hole there is big. Will he come back the same player? Finally, is Iupati going to be with the team beyond this year?

The turnover in this league is gigantic, so the team has to hit on picks.
Agreed. Have many more needs in order:
#1 CB/Dynamic Returner
#2 S
#3 WR/Dynamic Returner (2) @ X & Y spots.
#4 ILB
#5 C
#6 DE
#7 QB
#8 FB
#9 OG
#10 OT
#11 RB
#12 NT
#13 TE
#14 OLB
#15 PK
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM ]
I think we need CB, Safety, WR probably in that order. Then we need Center, DT, Guard, QB as well. So we have a lot of needs but we have a lot of picks to accomplish these tasks.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
I would say 3 needs in terms of starters or guys with significant playing time.

CB, WR, C

We need depth and possibly a future starter at

S, DE, LB

We need depth and competition at

QB, TE

this about sums up our needs imo...really hoping we jump up for a top corner and get a quality o or d lineman/wr in the second and third. always need depth on the lines to keep our amazing front 7 fresh and i believe our oline dropped off a bit at times last year. and hoping we also land a wr/cb/rb that can return well in the later rounds
[ Edited by Eastcoastniner on Mar 12, 2014 at 1:35 PM ]
If we got Evans or Watkins I would probably ejaculate
I could see us trading up for Watkins or Evans.Maybe even Seferian-Jenkins.
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Mar 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone