LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Who's your "I told you so." Draft Crush from years past?

Ain't gonna lie, I wanted Taylor Mays and was juiced when we picked him.

I wanted Jordy Nelson. Also wanted Vernon Davis, but who didn't after he blew up the combine.
I remember being pissed when we got Kentwan Balmer and Kwame Harris. My anger was justified.
Brandon Marshall & TY Hilton
Originally posted by Raul98:
Coby Fleener he already knew Harbaugh's offense him and Davis would have made a awesome tandem. If we took Fleener we let Walker go and don't have to draft a TE in 2013 in Mcdonald who is so far a bust and we could have used the pick on some one else.

McDonald is a bust? Not sure some will agree.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I remember being pissed when we got Kentwan Balmer and Kwame Harris. My anger was justified.

Just reading those names made throw up my Coffee a little.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
My draft crush from 09' proudly became a reality: Michael Crabtree.

Dont know what i was thinking draft crush from 2011: Christian Ponder.
Larry Allen
I may be showing my age, but damn I wanted Russell White when he blew up at Cal...

Whiff
Jordy Nelson, BIG time.

I also wanted Janoris Jenkins, Fleener, and Randle ahead of AJJ in 2012. But, I also hated Alshon Jeffery and loved Stephen hill that year, so WTF do I know?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Coby Fleener he already knew Harbaugh's offense him and Davis would have made a awesome tandem. If we took Fleener we let Walker go and don't have to draft a TE in 2013 in Mcdonald who is so far a bust and we could have used the pick on some one else.

McDonald is a bust? Not sure some will agree.

Hes not officially a bust i still see room for him to grow and become a better player. He might be better next season. But as of the moment hes a incomplete player. Fleener i think would have made more of a immediate impact since he knew the offense already. Him and Davis in my opinion would be more dangerous. And oh ya it would have meant WE NEVER GOT AJ JENKINS.

2007 draft Patrick Willis. I remember so many people wanting Adam Carriker.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Last year I was hoping we would draft Tyrann Mathieu

Years ago I was pissed we traded two 1st round picks to move up and draft JJ Stokes. My friends who were Raider fans told me what a great pick it was and I told them it sucked. Two 1st round picks for a possession receiver. We already had TO and Jerry Rice. Jerry was losing a step and could convert to a possession receiver and add years to his career with us. Why draft another. What a waste. Definately an I told you so.

Considering Stokes was drafted in 1995 and Owens was drafted in 1996, this story couldn't have happened like you remember.
Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Ryan Kerrigan, Janoris Jenkins, Robert Quinn, Richard Sherman, James Laurinaitis, Calais Campbell
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Vince Wilfork, that's all I gotta say.

Yep, that one hurt.
Was hoping we'd take Keenan Allen last year.
Share 49ersWebzone