There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaq Richardson-CB-Arizona

Potential late round steal, just had a very good pro day, came in at 6'0", 202, ran a 4.45 and had a 38" vertical. He's a guy who had some character issues, ended up leaving UCLA but has good potential to develop over time. He has nice length, solid in coverage but needs work on his tackling and giving a better effort against the run, breaking free from blocks...etc.

I think he goes in the 5th when it's all said and done. He's got size and very good athleticism.
They did interview him at Shrine....
If the above criticizms are true, the why in the heck would we take him??/, So he can miss a tackle on Russell Wilson or any other Seattle RB and have us all over Baalke for "taking dis inc. player"..??
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
If the above criticizms are true, the why in the heck would we take him??/, So he can miss a tackle on Russell Wilson or any other Seattle RB and have us all over Baalke for "taking dis inc. player"..??

I doubt he's suggesting we take him 30th overall. If you get a guy late who has skills and talent, you can coach up the areas he's weak at. If he doesn't get better in practice, you release him and no damage done (low risk/high reward concept). Let's face it, most guys that get picked late have 1 or more glaring deficiencies, whether it be in talent, size, speed, fundamentals, personal issues or whatever so you already know you're getting a less than stellar prospect. It's just a matter of what those issues are and how good they can potentially become IF they can get those deficiencies corrected. That's essentially what the 6th and particularly the 7th round is all about and if I'm not mistaken, I believe that's where he's suggesting we pick a guy like this.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM ]
I have him at #204 on my BB list in the 6th rd. Really think he can go higher, but damn.. thick bunch of corners that I can't justify dropping lower.
Could be a nice pick late. I would probably prefer we use the pick on Aaron Colvin for the pup list.