There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Offseason with Draft and NFL Comparisons

Cut:Carlos Rogers $6.6 million in savings (if cut after June 1).
Adam Snyder $1 million in savings
Craig Dahl $685,000 in savings
Jon Baldwin $645,000 in savings
Demarcus Dobbs $1.4 million
David Reed $730,000 in savings

Sign:Michael Whilhoite 1year $500k
Kassim Osgood 1 year $900k
Perish Cox 1 year $600k
Phil Dawson 1 year $2.25 million
Colin Kaepernick 6 years $96 million extention starting 2015
TJ Ward 4 years $24 million

FA Departures: Donte Whitner, Tarell Brown, Mario Manningham, Jonathon Goodwin, Anthony Dixon, Eric Wright

Trade pick 30 for picks 39+102 from Jacksonville
Trade picks 56+94+102 for pick 34 from Washington
Trade picks 77+125 for pick 67 from Oakland

2(34). Kyle Fuller CB Most effective in off-man coverage, which the 49ers play a lot of. Posted an elite burn percentage of 16% in man coverage during his entire 2013 season. Aggressive athlete against both the pass and the run game, often ends up around the ball. Awareness and play recognition is impressive. Great foot energy during backpedal that allows quick pivot and burst towards the ball. Fluid hips and good change of direction ability. He is natural in lateral movements. He will be our #2 corner in this upcoming season. NFL Comparison: Prince Amukamara
2(39). Stephon Tuitt DT Carries his weight very well, sneaky athleticism in the open field. An agile and smooth athlete for a 6'6", 300-plus-pound rusher. Disciplined player with sufficient play-recognition ability. Quick hands that aid an effective swim move. Keeps space to take advantage of blockers who lunge into contact and don't maintain balance. Has developed skillful, effective finesse moves as a pass-rusher. Tough to move from the point of attack due to sheer size if hedoesn't take himself out of plays. Keeps his head up and generally finds the football well. Impressive length to get his hands on ball-carriers between the tackles, gets in on a lot of stops. Makes plays down the line of scrimmage as a run defender, productive in pursuit. Highly productive for two seasons in terms of sacks and tackles for loss. Far from maxed out as a prospect, has a high ceiling. Him and Carradine will be dominant as a DE tandem for years.
NFL Comparison: Richard Seymour
2(61). Deone Bucannon SS Physically intimidating safety with great size and strength. Receivers are conscious of him when running across the middle of the field. Comfortable in coverage when assigned to slot receivers and tight ends. He is big enough to force receivers to adjust their routes and disrupt the timing of the offense.Quick play-recognition skills. His ability to diagnose whether the play was a run or a pass contributed to his massive tackle totals. Very hard hitter in space, and he keeps his hands active when assisting on tackles; both lead to forced fumbles.While in man coverage, he shows the ability to throttle down quickly and efficiently and then close on the receiver. Shows advanced technique in man coverage, with quick feet. His lateral agility is aided by clean movement techniques. He has great ball skills. He will add much needed depth at safety and maybe develop to be a starter in a few years. NFL Comparison: James Ihedigbo
3(67). Donte Moncrief WR Gives a strong effort as a blocker and displays the technique to continue to excel in this area in the pros. Has experience running the full route tree at Ole Miss. Does a nice job tracking the ball over his shoulder on deep routes.Speed is pretty good, as he's a smooth runner and accelerates to top speed quickly, which makes him dangerous enough that defensive backs have to respect his ability to get over the top of the defense. Has experience lining up out wide and in the slot. Quick enough to occasionally make a defender miss after the catch and fast enough to break off chunks of yardage if he's given a running lane. Runs hard after the catch and is strong enough to break an occasional tackle attempt. Best case scenario is he will develop to be our #1 receiver in the future. NFL Comparison: Josh Gordon
4(comp). Aaron Colvin CB Excels in off-man coverage, posting a burn percentage of less than 30%. The off-man coverage allows him to recognize he play easier than when he's directly over the receiver. Shows good anticipation and short-area burst on underneath routes. Sitting on underneath routes can be risky as it leaves the defender open to getting burned deep, but his anticipation very often leads to the right read. Has good spacing technique that can trick a quarterback to think that the receiver is more open than they actually are. Colvin knows his own recovery ability, then gets into a position to defense the pass. Improved as a tackler during senior season, rarely needing help to finish tackles. Above average foot speed and clean backpedal. Will be redshirted and compete for a role in 2015.
NFL Comparison: Leon Hall
5(158). Tyler Larsen C

6(189). Andrew Jackson ILB Thick build with large legs. Powerful linebacker in all aspects of his game. Quick feet to change directions or elude blockers laterally. Comes downhill in run fits with exceptional acceleration. Can shoot gaps in run blitzes to make plays in the backfield. Closes down space on lead blocks and has power to take them on. Drops pads to leverage blockers and maximize power. Keeps eyes up while engaged, locates the ball consistently. Mirrors backs defending zone runs between the tackles effectively. Strong upper body to shed blocks with adequate length. Instinctively picks his way through congestion in the box. Powerful tackler who can deliver the blow with high impact. Initiates contact in pass coverage, gets physical with tight ends and backs. Adequate job following the eyes of quarterbacks to get into passing lanes. Times blitzes well with instincts to anticipate the snap. Builds up a head of steam as a blitzer and can overwhelm pass blockers. Had effective performances against BCS teams on Western Kentucky's schedule. NFL Comparison: Brandon Spikes

7(219). Spencer Long OG

7(220). Tre Millard FB/RB/TE

7(222). Nickoe Whitley SS

53 man roster:
QB: Kaepernick, Bethel-Thompson
RB: Gore, Hunter, Lattimore, James
FB: Miller
WR: Crabtree, Boldin, Moncrief, Patton, Osgood
TE: Davis, McDonald, Carrier
OT: Staley, Davis, Bykowski
OG: Iupati, Boone, Looney
C: Kilgore, Larsen
NT: Dorsey, Williams
DT: J. Smith, McDonald, Carradine, Tuitt, TJE
OLB: A. Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta
ILB: Willis, Whilhoite, Jackson, Moody
CB: Brock, Fuller, Culliver, Cox, Morris
FS: Reid, Spillman, Ventrone
SS: Ward, Bucannon
ST: Lee, Dawson, McDermitt
2 more spots for maybe a CB and WR

IR/PUP: Bowman, Colvin, Long, Millard, Whitley
[ Edited by sLarsen7 on Mar 9, 2014 at 8:41 PM ]
Insane if it happened. Too good to be true probably. First 4 picks = A ++++
Sunofaabiatch! Pretty much stole my mock (minus TJ Ward signing for 5 mill a year, that's quite far fetched I'd say). Mock will go up tomorrow or tuesday as I'm putting the finishing touches on it.

Good job man!
Originally posted by kronik:
Insane if it happened. Too good to be true probably. First 4 picks = A ++++

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Sunofaabiatch! Pretty much stole my mock (minus TJ Ward signing for 5 mill a year, that's quite far fetched I'd say). Mock will go up tomorrow or tuesday as I'm putting the finishing touches on it.

Good job man!

Thanks! Even if the Niners can't get TJ I wouldn't mind having Bucannon competing with a vet that we bring in for a starting job.
I like Fuller and love Tuitt and Moncrief. I'd be down with this.
I think Tuitt might drop a bit farther and we could get him cheaper. You could see him drop anywhere from 45 to 56 mid to late 2nd round.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I think Tuitt might drop a bit farther and we could get him cheaper. You could see him drop anywhere from 45 to 56 mid to late 2nd round.

Steal.
I love this one.

Great job.
I like it, but why draft Bucannon if you are signing Ward?
I'm a fan of the draft, not a fan of cutting Snyder, we need a swing OL, and Snyder is the best on our team.

I don't think Tuitt falls far, his injury is no where near as bad as Tank's was, so I think he is still a 1st round pick, early 2nd at worst.

Overall, I can live with it, would love the picks. Not sure Ward would sign for only $5M a year though.
Also kudos to keeping Osgood and Ventrone on the team. Need to keep our key ST players on board.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I like it, but why draft Bucannon if you are signing Ward?

We need depth at safety, where we are very thin. Bucannon adds that depth. Also Reid has some concussion issues so getting a quality backup wont hurt the team.
I cannot stand this draft and off season.

1. Snyder is a bargain at 1 million and can back up all 5 OL spots, you can carry one less OL on roster because of him.
2. You have CK7 signing a 16 million dollar a year extensions starting 2015??? If Baalke can pull that off he should be GM of the year.
3. You failed to realize that draft picks in the bottom of the first round are golden, why? see Aldon Smith, yhou can get a 5th year for 1st round picks. With so many picks, I would rather TRADE UP with both seconds and have two low first round picks.
4. You have the Niners using their first pick on an area that the player probably wll have zero impact in 2014?? SS, CB, WR is the need.
Justin Smith, Tank Carradine, McDonald, Dorsey, This guy will rarely see the field.
5. No back up qb drafted.??
Nice creative mock. I like Tuitt in he second, he may be here. Where is Dial?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'm a fan of the draft, not a fan of cutting Snyder, we need a swing OL, and Snyder is the best on our team.

I don't think Tuitt falls far, his injury is no where near as bad as Tank's was, so I think he is still a 1st round pick, early 2nd at worst.

Overall, I can live with it, would love the picks. Not sure Ward would sign for only $5M a year though.

Snyder frankly just isn't very good. The Cardinals got rid of him for a reason. Sure he is versatile but Id rather have some young guns playing instead so they can gain experience and improve and be just as good if not better. I don't believe the loss of Snyder will affect the team at all.

I believe Tuitt's injury will make him fall to the 2nd round and I fully believe he will be there at pick 7 in the 2nd round.

I've heard that Whitner is being more sought out for than Ward due to his leadership and improvement in coverage. Ward for $5 million a year may be tough so I edited my post and made it 4 years $24 million ($6 million a year, which isn't a stretch)