LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

PAST COMBINE / PRE FREE AGENCY MOCK

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
Really nice, i like it. Nice job. Will Clarke is a nice sleeper. Dri Archer a lil high tho. I would rather have Deanthony Thomas over Dri but I like them both

I like me some Black Mamba The reason i took Archer is that i think he could be the better slot reciever.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I like it except for the short-armed CB, Reynolds. Don't see Baalke drafting him. Other options off the top are Desir, Aikens, possibly McGill or Jean-Baptiste. Otherwise, good job, man.

Reynolds is 5´10 with 31 5 / 8 arms. Culliver is 6`0 with 31 1 / 4 arms.

Thanks !
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
It's really very good. I'd probably rather a different CB in the 3rd... but overall, me likes.

Same here...there will probably be a number of really good CBs available at that spot with more skills, speed and overall upside than Reynolds. Other than that, great mock!

Thanks

Yes this draft is very deep at CB too. But with Brock, Culliver and Fuller i think we should be set on the outside. So i was looking for our future nickel corner. And i really like Reynolds in that role. Aside from his coverage skills i pointed out above he was the leader in Oregons backfield, went back and forth with Cooks in training, is smart, very competitive, a hard worker and plays physical in run support.

Also he put up some very good numbers at the combine for the nickel position.
10 yrds: 1.50
Vertical: 37.5"
Broad: 10´3"
3Cone: 6.72
S.Shuttle: 4.00
20 reps at the bench with 31 5 / 8 arms

Just for example two other CB who i also like in the slot but will go much higher.

Roby
10 yrds: 1.47
Vertical: 32"
Broad: 10´4"
3Cone: N/A
S.Shuttle: 4.04

Verrett
10 yrds: 1.47
Vertical: 39"
Broad: 10´8"
3Cone: 6.67
S.Shuttle: 4.00

Of course they are overall better players at this point but i think you get my point

Yup, figured you had him pegged as a nickel CB and that makes sense. Just more of a preference thing but if a guy like Phillips Gaines is still around, he'd definitely be my choice (speed and quickness to play inside and out), or even a guy like Jaylen Watkins who has a lot of versatility (played inside, outside and safety).
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Yup, figured you had him pegged as a nickel CB and that makes sense. Just more of a preference thing but if a guy like Phillips Gaines is still around, he'd definitely be my choice (speed and quickness to play inside and out), or even a guy like Jaylen Watkins who has a lot of versatility (played inside, outside and safety).

I would be one happy 49ers fan if we land Jaylen Watkins ! Just have a little more confident in Reynolds at this point.

Haven´t really made up my mind about Gaines at the moment. I need to watch more full tapes to make a real statement.
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
1. Roby/Fuller cornerback
2. Moncreif Donte wide Reciever
2. Deon Buchanon s to compete with C.J. Spillman for SS
I would be one happy 49ers fan if we land Jaylen Watkins !

Jaylen Watkins would be a perfect later-round pick for the Niners! He has experience at both CB and safety, and the Niners need both.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
I would be one happy 49ers fan if we land Jaylen Watkins !

Jaylen Watkins would be a perfect later-round pick for the Niners! He has experience at both CB and safety, and the Niners need both.

Yes he would be. The hit on LSU´s FB JC Copeland was a thing of beauty considering that dude is roughly 70 lbs heavier. But i dont see him fall to the later rounds. I think he will be taken high in the 3th.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice mock.

tohara???
Dude, if we could pull off signing Whitner AND Tillman, draft a two good corners, two potential stud receivers, a promising DE and a stud returner I would kiss you!!! FANTASTIC JOB
I think we would have to take Enunwa higher. He'll be gone before the 7th imo. Reynolds is an ascending player to me, as is Clarke. Would be thrilled to get those guys. s**t, I like the whole mock. Great job!
Tell me I love it!!

Just looking at the top end, I like it. The big change I'd make is Bryant. He's good looking on paper, but no better than Baldwin. I don't see him getting on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone