There are 186 users in the forums

PAST COMBINE / PRE FREE AGENCY MOCK

• DeUh
  • Veteran
FA-Signings

Phil Dawson K
Donte Whitner S
Michael Wilhoite MLB
Charles Tillman CB ( anyone note familiar with his play look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8TX2IgE3Y )

Draft

Trades: 2nd + 4th to go up in the 2nd round

Round 1 Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech 6´0 190 32 7/8
Very tough player with terrific quickness, plays very instinctive, can play outside and can also line up as the nickel corner, very smart and competitive player, film studys a lot, plays very physical in run support, even played LB for his team a couple of games, terrific ST player.

Round 2 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt 6´3 212 33 1/4
True west coast possesion reciever that can line up anywhere, excellent hand-eye coordination, polished route runner, needs to work to become a better vertical threat, tough as nails over the middle, has the speed to make huge gains after the catch, very good run blocker, tremendous work ethic. - All time leader with 262 rec and 3759 yds in SEC history -

Round 2 Martavis Bryant WR Clemson 6´4 211 32 5/8
Fast player that can stretch the defense, shows good acceleration and quick feet at the line of scrimmage, soft but sometimes inconsistent hands, catches the ball with his hands, good job locating the ball and catching it in stride, shows effort in run blocking, lacks a full route tree at this point.

Round 3 Will Clarke DE West Virginia 6´6 271 34 5/8
Explosive, strong and long armed player, very disruptive, good against the run, can play any position on the D-Line. If he is able to bulk up 10-15 lbs he can be the future replacement for McDonald.

Round 3 Rashaad Reynolds CB Oregon State 5´10 189 31 5/8
Very instinctive and athletic corner, sound in coverage, can play press man, off man, and zone, solid tackler and physical run supporter, good ST player. I think he could hold his own on the outisde at the next level but i like him more at the nickel position.

Round 4 - Traded to go up in the 2nd -

Round 4 Dri Archer KR/WR Kent State 5´8 173 31
One of the most explosive returner i have seen in a long time. He can also line up in the slot. Has soft hands, knows how to get seperation and shows great burst in and out of his breaks. When you watch tapes he also plays more physical then you would expect.

Round 5 Connor Shaw QB South Carolina 6´0 206
24 Td 1 Int last season, good accuracy in his throws, mobile in the pocket, is athletic enough to make something happen with his legs. The downside is that he has strong durability concerns. Smart and competitive QB who can be a leader for the offense.

Round 6 Kevin Pierre-Louis MLB Boston College 6´0 232 32 1/4
Is explosive, fast and quick, shows good instincts, plays agressive, solid tackler, sound in coverage, ST player.

Round 7 Quincy Enunwa TE/ST Nebraska 6´2 225 32 5/8
Athletic freak, tall, strong, fast, red zone monster, really good run blocker and a aggressive hitter and ST player. If he bulks up 10-15 lbs will be a terrific H-Back.

Round 7 Spencer Long OG Nebraska 6´5 320 33 1/8
Was one if not the dominant force on Nebraskas O-Line. Before his injury he was expected to be a 2nd-3nd round prospect. Terrific value at this point and future starter/backup G on our O-Line.

Round 7 Nickoe Whitley S/ST Mississippi State 6´1 206 N/A
After the 2012 season he was expected to be one of the top safetys this year. Tore his ACL at the beginning of the season ( I think it was against Auburn ) and played with it the whole year. Played lights out in his last few games. Not sure at this point if his ceiling is a starter but he will definitely be a very good backup and ST player.

Note: I did not trade back for future picks so it does not look to complicated. But it could be easily done. For example Bryant at the start of the 3th, Reynolds at the start of the 4th, Shaw at the start of the 6th etc.

53 man roster

QB
Kaepernick, Shaw

RB
Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, James

FB
Miller

WR
Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Matthews, Bryant, Archer

TE
Davis, McDonald, Carrier, Enunwa

O-Line
Staley, Lupati, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Looney, Snyder

D-Line
Smith, Williams, Mcdonald, Carradine, Dorsey, Jerrod-Eddie, Dial, Clarke

LB
Smith, Willis, ( Bowman ), Brooks, Skuta, Wilhoite, Moody, Pierre-Louis, Lemonier

CB
Brock, Culliver, Tillman, Fuller, Reynolds, Morris

S
Reid, Whitner, Spillman, Dahl, ( Whitley )

P/K/LS
Dawson, Lee, McDermott

IR
Long

Notes: I think that they wont keep 3 NT on the 53 man roster, Williams + either Dorsey or Dial. That would open a spot for an extra OLine player. Or they even decide to keep Okoye on the roster.
When Bowman is back either Moody or Pierre-Louis will stay on the roster. Both are fast/quick, good in coverage and ST players.
When Whitley is fully healed Dahl will be cut.
Furthermore I do not resign Osgood in this mock cause I think we should save that money and he can be nicely replaced by Enunwa. Sooner or later we have to get younger on ST.
Other notable cuts - Colt McCoy, Carlos Rogers, Jon Baldwin, Bubba Ventrone.

HAVE FUN TO COMMENT
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM ]
Nice mock.
Nice Mock. Maybe replace the DE in round 3 with a Center like Marcus Martin to give us some depth at Center. Not sure if I am comfortable with Snyder going in at Center or Looney. We are already adding 3 DL's this year with the return of Williams and Dial and Tank coming in and we still don't know if Okoye will develop and make it 4.
Perfection!
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Nice Mock. Maybe replace the DE in round 3 with a Center like Marcus Martin to give us some depth at Center. Not sure if I am comfortable with Snyder going in at Center or Looney. We are already adding 3 DL's this year with the return of Williams and Dial and Tank coming in and we still don't know if Okoye will develop and make it 4.
never mind I had a double post here for somebody else.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 8, 2014 at 8:34 PM ]
It's really very good. I'd probably rather a different CB in the 3rd... but overall, me likes.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
nevermind.
Originally posted by DeUh:
FA-Signings

Phil Dawson K
Donte Whitner S
Michael Wilhoite MLB
Charles Tillman CB ( anyone note familiar with his play look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8TX2IgE3Y )

Draft

Trades: 2nd + 4th to go up in the 2nd round

Round 1 Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech 6´0 190 32 7/8
Very tough player with terrific quickness, plays very instinctive, can play outside and can also line up as the nickel corner, very smart and competitive player, film studys a lot, plays very physical in run support, even played LB for his team a couple of games, terrific ST player.

Round 2 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt 6´3 212 33 1/4
True west coast possesion reciever that can line up anywhere, excellent hand-eye coordination, polished route runner, needs to work to become a better vertical threat, tough as nails over the middle, has the speed to make huge gains after the catch, very good run blocker, tremendous work ethic. - All time leader with 262 rec and 3759 yds in SEC history -

Round 2 Martavis Bryant WR Clemson 6´4 211 32 5/8
Fast player that can stretch the defense, shows good acceleration and quick feet at the line of scrimmage, soft but sometimes inconsistent hands, catches the ball with his hands, good job locating the ball and catching it in stride, shows effort in run blocking, lacks a full route tree at this point.

Round 3 Will Clarke DE West Virginia 6´6 271 34 5/8
Explosive, strong and long armed player, very disruptive, good against the run, can play any position on the D-Line. If he is able to bulk up 10-15 lbs he can be the future replacement for McDonald.

Round 3 Rashaad Reynolds CB Oregon State 5´10 189 31 5/8
Very instinctive and athletic corner, sound in coverage, can play press man, off man, and zone, solid tackler and physical run supporter, good ST player. I think he could hold his own on the outisde at the next level but i like him more at the nickel position.

Round 4 - Traded to go up in the 2nd -

Round 4 Dri Archer KR/WR Kent State 5´8 173 31
One of the most explosive returner i have seen in a long time. He can also line up in the slot. Has soft hands, knows how to get seperation and shows great burst in and out of his breaks. When you watch tapes he also plays more physical then you would expect.

Round 5 Connor Shaw QB South Carolina 6´0 206
24 Td 1 Int last season, good accuracy in his throws, mobile in the pocket, is athletic enough to make something happen with his legs. The downside is that he has strong durability concerns. Smart and competitive QB who can be a leader for the offense.

Round 6 Kevin Pierre-Louis MLB Boston College 6´0 232 32 1/4
Is explosive, fast and quick, shows good instincts, plays agressive, solid tackler, sound in coverage, ST player.

Round 7 Quincy Enunwa TE/ST Nebraska 6´2 225 32 5/8
Athletic freak, tall, strong, fast, red zone monster, really good run blocker and a aggressive hitter and ST player. If he bulks up 10-15 lbs will be a terrific H-Back.

Round 7 Spencer Long OG Nebraska 6´5 320 33 1/8
Was one if not the dominant force on Nebraskas O-Line. Before his injury he was expected to be a 2nd-3nd round prospect. Terrific value at this point and future starter/backup G on our O-Line.

Round 7 Nickoe Whitley S/ST Mississippi State 6´1 206 N/A
After the 2012 season he was expected to be one of the top safetys this year. Tore his ACL at the beginning of the season ( I think it was against Auburn ) and played with it the whole year. Played lights out in his last few games. Not sure at this point if his ceiling is a starter but he will definitely be a very good backup and ST player.

Note: I did not trade back for future picks so it does not look to complicated. But it could be easily done. For example Bryant at the start of the 3th, Reynolds at the start of the 4th, Shaw at the start of the 6th etc.

53 man roster

QB
Kaepernick, Shaw

RB
Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, James

FB
Miller

WR
Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Matthews, Bryant, Archer

TE
Davis, McDonald, Carrier, Enunwa

O-Line
Staley, Lupati, Kilgore, Boone, Davis, Looney, Snyder

D-Line
Smith, Williams, Mcdonald, Carradine, Dorsey, Jerrod-Eddie, Dial, Clarke

LB
Smith, Willis, ( Bowman ), Brooks, Skuta, Wilhoite, Moody, Pierre-Louis, Lemonier

CB
Brock, Culliver, Tillman, Fuller, Reynolds, Morris

S
Reid, Whitner, Spillman, Dahl, ( Whitley )

P/K/LS
Dawson, Lee, McDermott

IR
Long

Notes: I think that they wont keep 3 NT on the 53 man roster, Williams + either Dorsey or Dial. That would open a spot for an extra OLine player. Or they even decide to keep Okoye on the roster.
When Bowman is back either Moody or Pierre-Louis will stay on the roster. Both are fast/quick, good in coverage and ST players.
When Whitley is fully healed Dahl will be cut.
Furthermore I do not resign Osgood in this mock cause I think we should save that money and he can be nicely replaced by Enunwa. Sooner or later we have to get younger on ST.
Other notable cuts - Colt McCoy, Carlos Rogers, Jon Baldwin, Bubba Ventrone.

HAVE FUN TO COMMENT
Nice mock draft,one thing ,Matthews might not be there in the 2nd round when the niners pick,but Moncreif might be and he has better speed and a great down field blocker just saying
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM ]
It seems a little out of whack in terms of numbers.

Only 7 OL, teams usually have 8-10 on the 53 man roster with a minimum of 8 on the active day roster.

No way they keep 7 DL, especially when the team does not use a NT in passing downs. I think Dial goes to the PS. Also this is why I laugh when people want the niners to draft a DL this year. Why, you have a strong rotation.

I think a vet back up with the late draft pick on the PS.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
It seems a little out of whack in terms of numbers.

Only 7 OL, teams usually have 8-10 on the 53 man roster with a minimum of 8 on the active day roster.

No way they keep 7 DL, especially when the team does not use a NT in passing downs. I think Dial goes to the PS. Also this is why I laugh when people want the niners to draft a DL this year. Why, you have a strong rotation.

I think a vet back up with the late draft pick on the PS.

Actually in 2011 the team had 7 OL and in 2012 7 DL on the 53 man roster.

But like i wrote in my notes under the roster i agree with you that they wont keep 3 NT on ther roster. Williams + either Dorsey or Dial which will open up a spot for Seymour, Bykowski, Netter or any other OL they will sign. But i did not see either play so it would be pure speculation which one to choose.

With Smith probably playing his last season, McDoalds contract coming up and Carradines injury it would be wise to draft a DE and let him grow for the future.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Nice mock draft,one thing ,Matthews might not be there in the 2nd round when the niners pick,but Moncreif might be and he has better speed and a great down field blocker just saying

My favorite 4 reciever in the 2nd round are Matthews, Moncrief, Adams and Bryant. Matthews + Bryant is my plan A. If he goes higher my plan B would be Moncrief + Adams. Wich is still very good !

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
It's really very good. I'd probably rather a different CB in the 3rd... but overall, me likes.

Thanks man. Who would you prefer ?

Same here...there will probably be a number of really good CBs available at that spot with more skills, speed and overall upside than Reynolds. Other than that, great mock!
Really nice, i like it. Nice job. Will Clarke is a nice sleeper. Dri Archer a lil high tho. I would rather have Deanthony Thomas over Dri but I like them both
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM ]
I like it except for the short-armed CB, Reynolds. Don't see Baalke drafting him. Other options off the top are Desir, Aikens, possibly McGill or Jean-Baptiste. Otherwise, good job, man.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Same here...there will probably be a number of really good CBs available at that spot with more skills, speed and overall upside than Reynolds. Other than that, great mock!

Thanks

Yes this draft is very deep at CB too. But with Brock, Culliver and Fuller i think we should be set on the outside. So i was looking for our future nickel corner. And i really like Reynolds in that role. Aside from his coverage skills i pointed out above he was the leader in Oregons backfield, went back and forth with Cooks in training, is smart, very competitive, a hard worker and plays physical in run support.

Also he put up some very good numbers at the combine for the nickel position.
10 yrds: 1.50
Vertical: 37.5"
Broad: 10´3"
3Cone: 6.72
S.Shuttle: 4.00
20 reps at the bench with 31 5 / 8 arms

Just for example two other CB who i also like in the slot but will go much higher.

Roby
10 yrds: 1.47
Vertical: 32"
Broad: 10´4"
3Cone: N/A
S.Shuttle: 4.04

Verrett
10 yrds: 1.47
Vertical: 39"
Broad: 10´8"
3Cone: 6.67
S.Shuttle: 4.00

Of course they are overall better players at this point but i think you get my point
Share 49ersWebzone