There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jimmie Ward Strong Safety

Great pick if we plan to use him as our nickel cb to replace rodgers. Don't like the pick if we plan to use him at safety to replace whitner.
Just saw the press conference he gave. What a great personality this kid has...I can see how he could've won the front office and Harbaugh over with his enthusiasm and love of the game. You get a sense this kid is ready to immerse himself in football and get himself ready to play/contribute on day one.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Just saw the press conference he gave. What a great personality this kid has...I can see how he could've won the front office and Harbaugh over with his enthusiasm and love of the game. You get a sense this kid is ready to immerse himself in football and get himself ready to play/contribute on day one.

Was it on tv or is it on 49ers.com i'm not seeing any audio or video conferences yet
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Was it on tv or is it on 49ers.com i'm not seeing any audio or video conferences yet

TV (SportsNet Central).
TV (SportsNet Central).

Oh, thanks. I'm sure sooner or later we will start seeing some press conferences/audio conferences from Jimmie and Stevie on 9ers.com. Can't wait to hear from them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 9, 2014 at 2:55 PM ]
Great pick. In two years this guy is going to know how to play every position in the secondary,
I believe Lamarcus Joyner will be a better NFL nickle back, attacking ball carriers and covering slots/slants than Ward.
With that said, I think Ward is a good pick to transition to a full-time corner position.
Now the niners can go after Joyner in the second or third round.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99xWmC-Y_I

Despite his smaller frame, Joyner plays like he's 6-2 and 225 pounds,
Plays fast with natural acceleration to go from 0 to 60 in a flash
NFL scouts will be hard-pressed to find a better inch-for-inch defender in the country
The versatile defensive back has bounced between safety and cornerback most of his career,
but played mostly a cornerback role as a senior, seeing a lot of action as a nickel back covering the slot receiver.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737136/lamarcus-joyner
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
# 30.... no joke.
Great call!
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
# 30.... no joke.
Great call!

the jimmie ward pick is looking even better and better with seattle adding another speed receiver in richardson.

baalke