LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Reynolds,Loston,Dixon which safety do u want

Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
The USC guy.instant bust.see Taylor mays

Soooo because he went to USC he's an instant bust? Cause he and Mays is nothing alike
I think that these safeties are the best fit for us.I think Ahmad Dixon Is the best for SS because he can hit and is a ballhawk.Reynolds is probably more of a FS but played a little SS at Stanford.Loston can play both well but doesn't do either spectacularly.Which do you guys think is the best fit?

You call Dixon a ballhawk? How many interceptions did he have in his college career let alone passes defensed? Bailey had that amount in one season if you don't know.
Ahmad Dixon hands down.
If Baalke doesn't re-sign Whitner, I'd say that would increase chances he might just trade up to get one of the elite S (like last year when he got Reid). If that happens, then I'd think he'd want Pryor or Dixon, but it'd be at a cost. If he goes WR or CB in the 1st, then he could arguably get Bucannon in the 2nd.

Mike Mayock better watch his back with this type of player analysis lol.
I like Loston out of those three. Terrance Brooks more so
Huff or Bucannon. I actually think Huff will be taken in the third round.

Wouldn't mind Joyner at SS either.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Jimmie Ward frm Northern Illinois is my #1 safety then Terrence Brooks frm Florida state is #2 on my list ....

If we looking for a cover guy, either of these two guys should work.
If the Niners don't resign Whitner, I think they'll wait and try to pick up a low cost experienced bargain veteran.

I do think that if they go that route, drafting a future replacement would be a smart way to go though.

This year's safety class seems to be filled with fools gold. I really can't decide who will actually turn out to be productive.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I want Ward and Brooks, move Brooks to CB
[ Edited by cools on Mar 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM ]

If it's only out of those 3? then easily Loston for me. Very solid box safety, with better cover skills than many give him credit for. I am not a fan at all of Dixon or Reynolds.

If you mean out of any safeties? Give me one of these and I will ...

01. HA'SEAN CLINTON-DIX* ------------------ ALABAMA ------------- 6'1 -- 208 {1st rd}
02. JIMMIE WARD ---------------------------- N. ILLINOIS ------------ 5'9 -- 189 {1st rd}
03. CALVIN PRYOR* -------------------------- LOUISVILLE ---------- 5'11 -- 207 {1st rd}
04. LAMARCUS JOYNER ----------------------- FLORIDA ST ----------- 5'8 -- 190 {2nd rd}
05. DION BAILEY* ---------------------------- USC ------------------- 6'0 -- 201 {2nd rd}
06. TERRENCE BROOKS ----------------------- FLORIDA ST ----------- 5'11 -- 198 {2nd rd}
07. CRAIG LOSTON --------------------------- LSU ------------------- 5'11 -- 217 {3rd rd}
09. DONTAE JOHNSON ------------------------ N.C. STATE ------------ 6'2 -- 200 {4th rd}
10. ANTONE EXUM ---------------------------- VIRGINIA TECH -------- 6'0 -- 193 {4th rd}
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So would I, that's why I think Donte Whitner will be re-sign. I'd like to see the team re-sign Whitner to a 2-3 year contract with a 2nd or 3rd round pick taking over in Whitner's second or third year.

This was exactly hag I was about to say. Sign Whitner to a 2-3 yr deal and draft a safety in the 2nd rd and after two years, Whitner is likely a cap casualty or his play declines and we cut him
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Huff or Bucannon. I actually think Huff will be taken in the third round.

Wouldn't mind Joyner at SS either.

The thing is, I think Bucannon fits our Defense. Not all players are good for all teams, that's why some players just don't thrive early on. But I think he would thrive in our team even though he's not the best safety out.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Soooo because he went to USC he's an instant bust? Cause he and Mays is nothing alike

I don't know if you have noticed the trend but USC is a breeding ground for busts.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Buchanan

This..
Share 49ersWebzone